George Gordon
Banned
I've just finished re-reading a book called "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge. This book is the best book I've read on manhood and masculinity. It reverberates a lot of similar backbone ideas as this site, but it focuses more on MAN (whereas this site's focus seems to be, for the most part, WOMAN).
He discusses our nature and wildness. And he delves into the relationships between men, and how important they are:
masculinity bestows masculinity. he states.
I think some people (myself included) fell into the trap that women bestow masculinity. Our society seems to think so. Even though my success with women as improved tenfold, I've found that relating to other men has been a bigger challenge. At first I thought it was because I was always looking at guys through the 'AFC Filter', but lately, through this book, I've come to realize something else.
Eldredge talks about being initiated into manhood. Something that probably doesn't happen to often anymore.
He says that most of our fathers leave us with a wound from which we give rise to our 'false selfs' to conceal that wound.
Realizing this wound is essential to becoming a man...
Great book. Check it out. It is a "Christian" perspective, but regardless of your religious beliefs, you will get something out of this book.
Any insight into your father inflicted wounds--my own father deserted me.
!GEORGE GORDON!
He discusses our nature and wildness. And he delves into the relationships between men, and how important they are:
masculinity bestows masculinity. he states.
I think some people (myself included) fell into the trap that women bestow masculinity. Our society seems to think so. Even though my success with women as improved tenfold, I've found that relating to other men has been a bigger challenge. At first I thought it was because I was always looking at guys through the 'AFC Filter', but lately, through this book, I've come to realize something else.
Eldredge talks about being initiated into manhood. Something that probably doesn't happen to often anymore.
He says that most of our fathers leave us with a wound from which we give rise to our 'false selfs' to conceal that wound.
Realizing this wound is essential to becoming a man...
Great book. Check it out. It is a "Christian" perspective, but regardless of your religious beliefs, you will get something out of this book.
Any insight into your father inflicted wounds--my own father deserted me.
!GEORGE GORDON!