"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Our generation was doomed from the start lol

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 25, 2002
Messages
2,163
Reaction score
679
Location
Florida
Leisure Suit Larry was hilarious. I heard other guys talk about this game, but I never actually played it. I got the new Zelda Skyward Sword for Wii as a Christmas present so I'm off to rescue the princess haha!
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
428
Reaction score
14
Location
Florida
Julius_Seizeher said:
A desire, whether a desire to live or to escape pain, is not an instinct.
So a thing that barely knows what it even is has desires and not instincts? I hope you're trolling.
 

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
1,233
Reaction score
76
Location
Midwest
Zodiac said:
So a thing that barely knows what it even is has desires and not instincts? I hope you're trolling.
The aforementioned kid in a bathtub, who struggles when his head is held under water, does not do so out of any "instinct" or otherwise supposed form of automatic knowledge; he struggles as a response to pain.

Though without any contextual understanding of his experience, he feels pain, which is a barometer of one's well-being. So it is through his senses that he detects danger against his life and acts to avoid it, which means: through a process of reason.

I do not believe that man possesses any "instinctive" knowledge. Everything man can know must be acquired willfully by the effort of his mind and through his five senses.

Modern psychology and psycho-epistemology have made thorough attempts to reduce man to the level of a pre-programmed biological robot, and I can see that they have mostly succeeded.

I reject the game movement's obsession with biocentrism, you do not know how much you are stunting your own mind when you reduce the achievements of the mind to a series of chemical reactions or "reinforced behaviors".
 

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
1,525
Reaction score
114
Location
U.S. East
Julius_Seizeher said:
I do not believe that man possesses any "instinctive" knowledge. Everything man can know must be acquired willfully by the effort of his mind and through his five senses.

Modern psychology and psycho-epistemology have made thorough attempts to reduce man to the level of a pre-programmed biological robot, and I can see that they have mostly succeeded.

I reject the game movement's obsession with biocentrism, you do not know how much you are stunting your own mind when you reduce the achievements of the mind to a series of chemical reactions or "reinforced behaviors".
The more I think about it the more I think that you could be right. I think I need to review my thinking.
 
Top