"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Ouch

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
240
Reaction score
202
So I texted this girl for a date, 5-6 hours later says she has plans to meet people she used to work with earlier, but can possibly meet me later. 10 minutes later, I get a text: "Lets do tomorrow".

Sounds good, right?

15 minutes later, I get a text:
I must be losing my mind. I meant to say maybe I can meet you later.

I'm not going to state what is going through my head. What are your thoughts?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
Honestly that chits got ME confused just trying to read wtf u wrote bro.

I would text back “ok sure lmk when u get ur head out of your ass!” Then go silent til shes ready to take some ****
 

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
139
Reaction score
124
Age
55
Uh oh it looks like her emotional feelings metre is malifunctioning. Best go for a backup plan!
 

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2019
Messages
1,168
Reaction score
1,934
Age
35
why are you setting dates through text? call her, set a date a week out, then go do your own thing. if she flakes then forget about her.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
Ok, so you text her asking for a date and you get a reply.
1.I have plans to meet people I'm working with.
2.Lets do tomorrow.
3.I must be losing my mind. I meant to say maybe I can meet you later.
==

Mistake #1 is that you asked for a date without finding out if she's available. It's multi sequence routine.
Qualifier, vague suggestion, close
1) Qualifier question
“Are you an adventurous person?”
2) Vague suggestion
“What’s your view on drinks and witty banter?”
3) Find out schedule
4) Make plans
From the sounds of it, it's either a giant big availability trap, or from the get go you were dealing with an attention whre. I get those often lately.

Since she already disqualified her, I wouldn't reply to her at all, and pull all my attention away from her. One week will not be enough. Works best if she contact you, but reality suggest you contacting her in two weeks time.

You want this to work? Stop using sms, give her a call.
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
OP, it's not a pretty picture, but I wouldn't take it personally. We've all probably done the same thing.

"I can possibly meet you later" Translation: I don't know what to expect when I go out with them. If things are going good, I'd rather not disrupt the flow.

"Let's do it tomorrow" Translation: Things are flowing well and since I can do both things, I'll hang here tonight and see you tomorrow..

"Ooops, I meant I can maybe see you later". Translation: Things aren't flowing as fun as I thought it would be. If you're available, I may cut out from this place, but I'm still not sure.

Next time you speak to her, don't act pissed or anything. You don't wan't to give off any impression that you are invested. You also do not want to appear too available and willing to cater to her schedule.

Some might say that she's 'sh1t testing" you or disrespecting you. Because it's too early to conclude, be cool the next time you see her, but also keep an open eye to see if there's a start to a pattern.
If you see signs that it isn't looking good, eject. Considering her casual approach that you've described, you are under no obligation to hang out longer than you deem necessary.
 

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
240
Reaction score
202
Sorry guys. I wasn't clear. The first line of my post should have read "So I texted this girl for a date TOMORROW"

Seems to me that I got a date confirmation text meant for another dude "let's do tomorrow"after me being set up as the backup.

Thanks for the good advice as a lot of it still applies.
 

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
So I texted this girl for a date, 5-6 hours later says she has plans to meet people she used to work with earlier, but can possibly meet me later
Never make plans with a woman for after she hangs out with your friends. Women live in the moment, and when they're having fun with their friends, they forget about their plans for later. Always plan a date when she doesn't have any other 5hit going on.
 

Epic Days

Banned
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
1,869
Reaction score
1,643
Age
42
I could have some fun with that. Lol
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
240
Reaction score
202
@Epic Days Curious if you caught my correction. Either way, care to elaborate?

My post should have read:

"So I texted this girl for a date TOMORROW, 5-6 hours later says she has plans to meet people she used to work with earlier, but can possibly meet me later. 10 minutes later, I get a text: "Lets do tomorrow".

Sounds good, right?

15 minutes later, I get a text:
I must be losing my mind. I meant to say maybe I can meet you later. "

I'm thinking that I got fed some BS and I got a text meant for another dude. Pretty weak "recovery text" on her part.
Never heard from her last night, but I just went about my business and had a good time.

I think that I'll just leave her be, but I'm all ears if there is an alternative, even if just fun. Nothing to lose here really and always willing to learn.
 

Epic Days

Banned
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
1,869
Reaction score
1,643
Age
42
@Epic Days Curious if you caught my correction. Either way, care to elaborate?

My post should have read:

"So I texted this girl for a date TOMORROW, 5-6 hours later says she has plans to meet people she used to work with earlier, but can possibly meet me later. 10 minutes later, I get a text: "Lets do tomorrow".

Sounds good, right?

15 minutes later, I get a text:
I must be losing my mind. I meant to say maybe I can meet you later. "

I'm thinking that I got fed some BS and I got a text meant for another dude. Pretty weak "recovery text" on her part.
Never heard from her last night, but I just went about my business and had a good time.

I think that I'll just leave her be, but I'm all ears if there is an alternative, even if just fun. Nothing to lose here really and always willing to learn.
There’s a lot of picking on her in all of that. Laugh at her is good too.
If you want to fuk her that is. If you are looking for a relationship then I really don’t have much to say on that.
 

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
240
Reaction score
202
Considering a day has passed and she was a no show, I think that limits things a bit. I don't want to come off as butt hurt.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
Considering a day has passed and she was a no show, I think that limits things a bit. I don't want to come off as butt hurt.
First off, I am not following how she was a no show when there were no concrete plans agreed upon.

Secondly, this chick has mild to low interest.
So I texted this girl for a date, 5-6 hours later says she has plans to meet people she used to work with earlier, but can possibly meet me later. 10 minutes later, I get a text: "Lets do tomorrow".

Sounds good, right?

15 minutes later, I get a text:
I must be losing my mind. I meant to say maybe I can meet you later.
I would probaby either leave her on "read" at that point or say "Too confusing for me, but if and when you want to make it simpler to grab a drink, let me know". And that would be the end of it unless she reached back out.

No LOLs or any silly shyte like that either.

She gave you a weak yes that depended on her other plans which is essentially a "We will see" which is a "no".

She didnt give you any concrete date to reschedule to. She also said "maybe".

You made your intent to get her out clear. She didnt make it easy to get her out.

This is what I preach on here. Sit back and be mysterious and dont reach back out for at least 10 days like anyone with 3-4 other options would do (as in me). If she reaches out before then, make a date. If she doesnt make it easy then, delete her @ss and move on.
 

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
Getting a girl on a date shouldn’t be f*cking this complicated. Just tell her to get in touch with you when she’s available to get together and move on to the next. Maybe one day she’ll be bored/lonely give you a buzz then you can go smash.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
240
Reaction score
202
I know that there was nothing concrete, I was just stating that she was a no show as just a fact. Shame for her because it was a really good time.

As far as sitting back, that is what I plan to do and just move on with life. If she wants to be a part of it, it's on her now.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
The only thing I know for certain is this:

If a woman that you have never went out with has you this confused and thinking this much about this, you need a total renovation of your fvcked and flawed thinking when it comes to women and dating.
 

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
2,190
Reaction score
1,147
Age
43
Location
New York City
Considering a day has passed and she was a no show, I think that limits things a bit. I don't want to come off as butt hurt.
Chuck her to the side. She was playing games and being vague. She's out. On to the next Woman. Chicks like this will always try to have you in a circus of thoughts. If she hits you up in the future, You tell straight up "You arent really down to meetup/hookup so I dont want to waste my time"
 

dude99

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
2,550
Reaction score
3,105
Age
53
So I texted this girl for a date, 5-6 hours later says she has plans to meet people she used to work with earlier, but can possibly meet me later. 10 minutes later, I get a text: "Lets do tomorrow".

Sounds good, right?

15 minutes later, I get a text:
I must be losing my mind. I meant to say maybe I can meet you later.

I'm not going to state what is going through my head. What are your thoughts?
Her "maybe we can meet later."

You "sorry that wont work. Another time."

Her "Let's do tomorrow "

You "sorry love. I have plans already."

Her "when can we see eachother again?"

You " got a busy schedule, but ill be in touch."


Then it is up to you if you want to next her or wait a week and give her one more chance. If she pulls the same crap then it is a complete next.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
If she hits you up in the future, You tell straight up "You arent really down to meetup/hookup so I dont want to waste my time"
Yep......Or she gets invited to my place for drinks/hang out if she reaches back out. If she feels as if she is above that and still deserves a date, fvck her....she can go play games with someone else.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top