Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Other ways of gaining muscle without the gym...

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey i'm a pretty short guy and i don't want to be lifting weights and stuff because that'll definately slow my growing down tremendously.

I'm just wondering if you guys know excersices that use your body wieght to build muscles. I know this will only build muscles up to a certain point, but i'm not looking to get crazy buff. Just moderate, and have some muscle definition. I have tried searching around, but I don't have any luck so I've come here for some help...

Some stuff I have thought of already:

Upper Body:
Arms/Back
Chin ups/Pull ups: Biceps, Back. (Try normal and Inverted)
Bench Dips: Triceps
*anymore back excercieses?

Chest/Core

Chest excersices?
Push-ups: Chest, Triceps. (Try different variations, triangle, clap push-up, etc.)
Sit-ups: Abs
Bridges/half Bridges: Abs, and the side muscles(forget their name)

Lower Body:

-Wall Sits/Squats
-Lunges
-Burpees: Works arms as well.

*Running/swimming will help with build some lower body muscles. You can also add more weight to your excerices with weight belts, ankle weights etc.

There are a few excerices I know of but i don't know the name of, but they involve excersice ball, and those big elastic thingies, (resistance bands i think) They help with the upper body muscle groups.

please feel free to post as many excercises as you can think of for as many muscle groups as possible. The different ways you excerise a muscle will help build it. I'll keep adding to the list and this would most definately help those of us that are short and are still growing, but want to get bigger. It can also help those of us not located conviently close to a gym.

Last edited:

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure if lifting will stunt your growth. Most people say that lifting won't stunt height.

Some ideas:
Weighted pull ups (backpack, weightbelt with chain, ankle weights)
Weight push ups (backpack, do em on chairs for more range of motion)
HandStand pushups (again chairs. Make sure the chairs won't topple)
Weighted Dips

I have a feeling that spinal decompressions might increase hight. http://stronglifts.com/spinal-decompression-procedure-for-increased-spine-health/

If you are in highschool, join the track team and do short distance. I developed some decent muscle doing that. Its also a lot of fun.

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
spesmilitis said:
I'm not sure if lifting will stunt your growth. Most people say that lifting won't stunt height.

Some ideas:
Weighted pull ups (backpack, weightbelt with chain, ankle weights)
Weight push ups (backpack, do em on chairs for more range of motion)
HandStand pushups (again chairs. Make sure the chairs won't topple)
Weighted Dips

I have a feeling that spinal decompressions might increase hight. http://stronglifts.com/spinal-decompression-procedure-for-increased-spine-health/

If you are in highschool, join the track team and do short distance. I developed some decent muscle doing that. Its also a lot of fun.
Yea i have checked out those spinal decompressions, not sure if it helps or not though but will give it a go. Also, what do you mean by using the chairs for the push-ups?

Also, if you post some technique then can you please post the muscle group(s) it works, thanks.

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
none of this is going to make any difference to your height. this is as dumb as thinking that running a lot will make your legs longer. jesus christ

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You put your hands and feet on chairs so you can go deeper without your chest blocking you. You can use google to look up what those exercises do.

NickSCFC2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What about getting someone to repeatedly punch your chest til your pecks are completely bruised?

Damages the muscles so they need repair doesn't it?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dammit, Nick, you took my idea.

(Edit: I mean it, seriously. As soon as I saw the thread title and everything!)

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can only go so far without weights.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
noodle said:
hey i'm a pretty short guy and i don't want to be lifting weights and stuff because that'll definately slow my growing down tremendously./QUOTE]

*Sigh* what a load of ****.

Lift weights. If anything the extra somatotropin will make you grow faster.

Quagmire

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a growth hormone. God I can't believe the crap that people believe nowadays (lifting weights will make you not grow).

I've given my first set of barbells to my kid brother now. He's only 16. It won't 'stunt his growth'. I remember my mother saying I shouldn't lift weights cuz it will stunt my growth too, btw

int3l

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ah i see, thanks PeeGee. so many weird names for hormones.