Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Opinions on AI

BigFoot04

Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently did the Afghan thread and I wanna start more of these topics just to see general thoughts.

What's everyone's opinion on AI? and the future it holds ? would you say we're at risk? pros , cons etc.

Add quotes if you got them.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thought this was gonna be about approach invitations lul...

Billtx49

Reaction score
I thought it was going to be about Aardvarks International. You know, the short furry guys with long noses and funny hats on, OP please clarify what AI you wanna talk about…

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe AI to be more or less a scam/con/pipe dream to pump up interest to get any kind of VC/grant$$

I went to HS in the eighties.

Back then, fusion was "just around" the corner.

It's still "just around" the corner.

AI has that kind of feel to it.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently did the Afghan thread and I wanna start more of these topics just to see general thoughts.

What's everyone's opinion on AI? and the future it holds ? would you say we're at risk? pros , cons etc.

Add quotes if you got them.
I think we're ****ed when...!

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When AI becomes autonomous enough to manufacture, that’s when the scary part will kick in. It will manufacture according to its perceived needs and programmed-in “morality”. Humans may be perceived as a hindrance, and if a bunch of robots are walking around, answering to a single source, that single source could make them certain that humans are a pestilence which must be eliminated.
I don’t really think it will really come to that but it is interesting to speculate on. I think that the dangers of letting AI become too autonomous will make themselves known and humankind will apply the brakes and limit its capabilities.

Machines can only simulate true intelligence as they will always lack intuition. But the simulation will appear very real.

Now I’ve got Conan’s “In the Year 2000” buzzing through my brain…