Opinions On A Situation

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, i'd appreciate opinions on the following situation:
Went out on a date with this bird last Thursday, shes hot (8.5 minimum). Went had a few drinks and got on really well and we ended up in bed at the end of the night. Didn't have sex but it was pretty heavy making out, with hands everywhere, i was fingering her a bit and stuff. It was a cracking night, and i was really keen on her, thought it was gonna be the start of something really good.
So called her this evening (after exchanging couple texts in the meantime) to set up 2nd date, no answer so i send a text instead, saying basically 'hey when do you fancy meeting up again?'
She replies with 'can't really meet up at the moment, things are a bit complicated with my ex boyfriend, so sorry to be difficult, maybe meet up again when the timing is a bit better'.
I'm thinking 'WTF, an ex is an ex right, plain and simple', and i'm a bit pissed off.
You'd think from that text that shes just not that into me, and that she doesn't want things to continue. But if thats the case, why did she let things go so far on the date?! Opinions please.
Also about my response to this: i'm thinking i can't show her i'm pissed off, it looks clingy after 1 date, and that the best thing is for me just not to bother contacting her unless she gets in touch again, but what do others think? If its relevant, i'd say i'm her equal in looks and personality, but with i'm guessing a lot less experience with dating/relationships than her.
I've got a few other possible options, been collecting phone numbers for fun last 2-3 weeks in my bootcamp, but none that i'm into as much as her.
So basically wanting opinions on her IL in me, and also suggestions for my response.
Cheers

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you just got rejected, plain and simple. if you were super-fantastic or if she was truly single - she'd probably give you another chance.

oh and i'm going to assume the following mistakes you made.. please remember, i'm assuming...

1. you went on a few drinks - she knows you're getting her drunk - this is okay.. but trying to bed her - which is obvious to her turned her off, but she is still drunk and still with you at the moment...

2. you had hands everywhere, and making out.. despite the fact that she really doesn't know you on this very first date, you even fingered her and stuff.

3. you assume cause you got that far, you assume a 2nd date is at hand. were you a "great man" or "a nice guy" or "a perverted desperate nice guy" - you were the 3rd option.. not good.

4. You took too long to respond. This date occured on Thursday... so you "played it cool" by calling almost a week later. That's like me spending lots of dough on a date with a fine girl and then having to wait an entire week for her to call me.

so you want an opinion on her interest level? she is not interested in you.

Last edited:

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to say mate, it does sound like she's not interested, but whos to say what women are thinking, the best thing to do is just leave it, because whatever the situation, you trying it on more is gonna come across as AFC, just see if she gets back in touch, if not, **** it, plenty more by the sounds of it, don't pin your hopes on this 1.

I'm in the library now, and just spotted this girl i met a few months back in my union, about an hb8 but probably considers herself a 9, (she is a bit of a trendy fashion student etc), anyhow... the story is, when i first met her, i was out with a course mate, a bit of lads night you know, and she started showing interest with me, but i went in for the kill to early, and she said something like 'i don't pull just anyone', so i was like **** this bird, and basically left her, then afterwards some other girl is showing me interest about a 7.5, and i notice previous bird looking over getting jealous. Then her friend comes over and is like 'why you dissing my friend, she likes you and your chatting with other girls... blah blah'

So anyhow, i end up chatting to this girl again, and her IL is up i could tell, i was acting a bit distant, looking away when she was chatting... and i could tell she wasn't used to people not showing her the attention, ends up in her giving me her number, so i kinda played it well in the end.

This was all before this site btw, anyhow, i kinda blew it afterwards, probably seemed a bit to desperate texting her, i think her playing hard to get was making me want it more.

I did see that girl again in the union, and she came up to me i was like 'oh you, it would of been nice to go for a drink sometime, but nevermind i'm not bothered now' and the look on her face! haha, then she starts texting me the next day again, but it never really went anywhere, not really bothered about her, but just pointing out how chasingthese girls will get you know where.

Anyhow, i think the moral of this is, i'm trying to show you how coming on AFC don't work, jsut leave it and see what happens.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GodsGift this is the deal,

I doubt that she not totally interested in you - it just that she has other options she interested in. My bet is, is that she's still interested in her ex. She'll keep you around until that is worked out or not.

You did everything A Ok. Don't worry about the date - or anything else.

You may have been the "I need some attention guy" for her. perhaps she was feeling down because of what's going on with her ex - happens.

Bottom line is - don't call her back. She will call you if and when things don't go well with her ex - or she needs some more "Comforting".

Just be sure, that if she does call you back - your not Mr "emotional Tampon" for her.

Don't let her rant on about her ex - or any of that crap. If that's the case, get off the phone.

If you meet - make sure your getting physical - making out etc.

You need to make sure that your not just "there for her".

If any of that occurs - leave.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
You need to let her know that you respect her decision, and that you enjoyed your time with her, and hope everything works out. Then move on.

1. this way is she is just embarassed about getting physical too early (all women except hoes feel this), you are reinsuring her that you are not looking at her like a hoe (which her friends may be calling her for making out with you).
2. You also leave her presence with a great impression which she will now have to leave and compare you with her ex who may be a afc after being with you.

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for the feedback.
There was a fair bit of stuff i've taken on board from the replies: I personally thought the 1st reply was looking at things a bit negatively: for example, i certainly didn't get her drunk or anything, she had 3 single shots of vodka in 3 hours. And regarding the stuff about me taking things too far (the 2nd point), it does take two to tango, and she initiated it as much as me. But having said that, there was some interesting opinions in that post which made me think 'yeh maybe' and could probably also help other guys who might make those mistakes.
Thought the 3rd reply was nearer the truth regarding her IL, that she has got some IL in me but is still interested in her ex. I also agree with the general consensus not to bother contacting her unless she gets in touch with me.
But anyway, i'm not going to worry about it any more for now, i've got a date set up with this other girl Sunday night, and chatted up this absolutely stunning girl in the gym this afternoon (HB9 might not even do her justice, she was HOT), came away with her number.
So I've moved on, got myself other options, and unless she gets in touch with me, i'm not gonna waste too much time worrying about her.