Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Operation Gutbuster 9000

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For too long I've let this particular issue slide. I have a decent build, but I also have a body fat percentage that is too high. In fact I have a gut- not a large one per say- but its definately the solid foundation for uncontrolled weight gain if I don't nip it in the bud and get physically fit.

For the last year, I let fitness slide while I was with my ex. In fact, I think she deliberately tried to sabatoge my appearance and fitness habits in an attempt to control me by making me less attractive to the female gender (encouraging me to eat apple pies and pizza for bed, skiping going to the gym when I wanted to- etc.... god I can't believe how stupid I was... but that's another story.).

Anyway- the plan is to use the skinnyguy.net/gaining mass diet plan to lose weight (body fat) without losing too much muscles mass while using this forum as a way of holding myself publicly accountable so that I stick to the meal and exercise plans. I'll be posting both as well as current weight, while wearing boxer shorts, twice a week.

I'll be open to hearing any recommended improvements to the plan. I'm also buying a digital camera to keep track of fatloss, on a visual level, as well; it should provide additional positive feedback and motivation over time as well while simulataenously keeping track of my "visual" progress.

So- here we go.
Plan for 2/2/09
1. Go to Kmart to buy a battery for my scale
2. Weigh self, post weight under "Progress so far" post
3. Buy Digital Camera at Best Buy- take picture of body- post under "progress so far"
4. Plan out Diet and Exercise Plan- post Under "Diet and Exercise Plan"
5. Buy Groceries according to the Diet Plan

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Progress thus far (reserved)

Diet and exercise plan (reserved)

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Aenigma.

Although scales can be useful, it would probably be better to rely more on a fat caliper instead of using scales as body weight fluctuates, fat calipers will give you a much better idea of where you at body fat wise.

Also, no need to buy a digital camera unless you really need one. Just use the camera on your phone if you have one or a disposable camera, the money you save can be better spent on food/ supplements.

Read the "Where to start" section in the health and fitness vault. Diet wise you'll want to be consuming high fat and protein to lose weight. Eat around 16x you body weight in lbs, e.g. if you weight 100lbs you will want to be eating 1600 calories a day. Get atleast 1g of protein per lbs of body weight, that should be not problem on a high protein high protein diet.

gmillar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey dude, good luck. I'm sort of doing the same thing. I'm going to go from 213 to 190 or less by June 1st. I'll be watching the thread.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yungahdubz said:
Although scales can be useful, it would probably be better to rely more on a fat caliper instead of using scales as body weight fluctuates, fat calipers will give you a much better idea of where you at body fat wise.
I think it would be even better to just use a mirror.

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well first week was a mix of blowing my diet and being strict to it on other days. The former was mostly due to not buying the proper groceries (forgot fruit and din't but enough chicken).... and poor discipline. Need to focus more and do it right. The abs will come out- I will not give up until I achieve this.

The workout schedule has been a bit messed up due to the fact that I'm working 12 hour days some days. Original plan was to alternate cardio and lifting days in the morning. However, I can't be in the gym before it opens on these 12 hour days- so I'm forced to just lift after work. Therefore I'm going to shift to doing cardio every morning and lifting every other day when I get home. I'll take the hydroxycut and green tea only on the days I'm doing just Cardio.

Finally installed a new battery in my scale.

Weight on 2/9/9- 230.8

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good stuff dude.

Some tips though from Warboss Alex and what I got from others about losing weight and doing it the best way possible.

-Eat small meals throughout the day as it is theorized that it keeps the metabolism going and prevents insulin spikes.

-Weigh yourself only once a month and pay more attention to what the mirror says at the end of that month than what the scale says.

-Cut out as much sugar as you can for the first month, avoid fruit even and focus on eating meat and vegetables and go easy on the carbs.

-Early morning cardio either on an empty stomach or with a very light meal beforehand. Fasted cardio is controversial but its one of those things a person has to try for themself to see if it will work. It tends to do the most good for someone with an endomorph body type which means a person that easily puts on fat by eating bread and other high carb products and generally seems to collect the most fat in the stomach area.