Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Opening girls with a compliment

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last month I got a new job at a pharmacy in Times Square. Dead end minimum wage retail placeholder.

So far in my market research I've determined that a significant amount of them have a very positive reaction. Many of them just smile and say thanks, a few just ignore me or mumble something or don't speak English because they're tourists.

But every day so far I run into girls who are absolutely thrilled that I like their hair, outfit, makeup, eyes or Jewelry. And sometimes they'll greet me warmly the next time they come in the store. Sometimes they'll do the rest of the work for you and start the conversation afterwards.

The other day I was on Reddit, r/dating or something and some girls were giving advice to guys saying opening with a compliment was a good idea, and lots of guys disagreed. Well I'm here to report that it works out pretty well a lot of the time.

I'm typing this from the stockroom so I'll add more in a bit.

Striker_93

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, opening with compliments always work.

Who doesn't like to feel good or have a ego boost ?

Women are usually very receptive to that sh!t and some of my best pulls came from directly hitting on them.

Indirect game is good when dealing with very attractive women but for the most part, I feel being direct, compliments ect is the best way to go, especially if you're of high value yourself, then it actually means more to them.

Most bitter, ugly, unattractive men will say to not be direct, don't validate them, don't compliment them ect any real playa with experience knows that that's bullsh!t and those guys don't get pvssy so disregard them.

Last edited:

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its different in a professional setting. Because in a professional environment where the women are customers they like at as a part of the customer experience to be pampered up and like the validation so it is easy to pull that off with no "risk" involved.

However outside of that and in your private/off work situations they would be offended for being cat called on and feel they are "unsafe" and "harrassed".

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay so more thoughts:

- really attractive women who are also dressed up tend to have the least response. But it works fine with girls who are one (HB8&9) or the other (very dressed up) and not both.

- compliments that seem sincere and specific work better, but it still works sometimes if you say you like her hair or outfit and there's nothing special about it or especially if she thinks her hair is messy or her outfit is bad.

-I have no idea if tourists are more open and friendly compared to locals, but that's a possibility. However not all tourists speak English and that's a significant portion of the ones who don't say much. So I can't say if it works better on locals or tourists

-being an employee of the store probably makes them more willing to talk to me, but then again I think most of the ones who responded really positively would've done so even if I was a random in the store.

- one big surprise are that you can still get a really positive reaction with a guy, her parents, her kids, etc. standing right next to her.

- I think the best reaction comes from women over 30 that aren't bombshells, girls in the target demographic (18-24) in sets of 2 or 3 that are HB7-8

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most positive reactions that I can remember:

One woman (HB9?) was very pretty and after I complimented her she actually waited around and stared at me for like 10 seconds waiting for me to say more, but I didn't plan to say anything else cuz I didn't know it would go that well lol.

HB8.5 blonde British girl with her friends remembered me days later when she was in line again and asked for my Instagram when I mentioned it, never followed me though.

Asian woman in her 30s or 40s with her teen daughter, I joked about the ring on her finger being a nice wedding ring and she said "oh no it's not a wedding ring, I'm actually single." Which stood out because usually they just laugh and say it's not a wedding ring.

There was an Asian woman whose hair was going gray but it looked like she dyed a streak in it, so it was perfectly fashionable. I told her to become a fashion model and she told me her name so that I could look her up when she does lol.

HB7 Israeli girl with her mom asked for my name and gave me hers (even the customer next to her commented on me doing well with the ladies and my coworker laughed)

HB7 Brazilian girl volunteered her name when I joked about looking her up when I visit

Two girls HB6.5 almost literally screamed in excitement that I liked their hair and outfits, then said I was so sweet that they'd give me a $10 tip if I was their waiter. ( they looked like they were 18 so I assume it's meant to be a lot)

This is a long list of phone numbers and Instagrams I wish I could've gotten this week (some of them I definitely could've but I wasn't expecting it.)

Last edited:

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its different in a professional setting. Because in a professional environment where the women are customers they like at as a part of the customer experience to be pampered up and like the validation so it is easy to pull that off with no "risk" involved.

However outside of that and in your private/off work situations they would be offended for being cat called on and feel they are "unsafe" and "harrassed".
Proper catcalling is supposed to refer to random crazy guys yelling stuff at girls in the streets. Although I think girls will be less open on busses and trains and on the street, especially at night.

If you walk past a girl in the mall and she thinks you're catcalling her because you say something nice, she's nuts and it's good to stay away lol.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Picking up your customers? Careful bro. She probably just sees you as a friendly salesman. If you ask for her number she might be like..."wtf". It's just a huge risk you're taking.
So far I just chat them up and nothing else for exactly the reason you're referring to. But if a girl seems particularly interested I will take the risk.

One of the managers actually said I can chat them up and get their number if I want to, so long as I'm not holding up the line and make sure not to get any formal complaints against me (also warned that I don't necessarily know what could offend or upset someone.)

Also, of course girls advise you to compliment them. They want to see if you're a compliant beta. Women need these filter tests so they can avoid guys who don't get it.

One of the girls giving advice in that reddit thread said that if a girl isn't a supermodel that gets respectful compliments all the time, she'll appreciate it, which they said applies to most normal girls.

So today a hot lady came in with a flashy pink outfit and a cute haircut and she just shrugged off my compliments, came off as a bit of a diva. My coworker standing next to me was like "woah that lady is in the play at the theater across the street."

Last edited:

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the difference between being complimented as a male, and as a woman, is much like the reason its frowned upon for women to have many partners.

its not an achievement for them and they get offers all the time.

telling a man is something special because he doesnt get it all the time. infact he can probably remember the last time in 1987 some 42 year old woman complimented him.

women are backwards thinkers and you have to do the opposite to show value.

they literally pine for a guy who disregards them in 2022, as this is the total opposite of the 1000 DM's in there phone.

disregard=something special about him.

Striker_93

Banned
Reaction score
they literally pine for a guy who disregards them
Well first of all, the girl has to actually be attracted to the guy for his disregardness to work, if you're ugly, lame ect that's not going to work lol, there has to be interest already or you've fvcked her good a few times or whatever.

OP asked about openers, as in when you first meet a woman so "disregarding" them isn't going to do anything lol

Don't give advice like that, there's way too many squares on here that will start disregarding women thinking it's going to get them attention and attraction from women.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a double edged sword. On the one hand if you compliment her on something related to how good looking she is she will say thank you (but in her head will go yawwwwwwwwwwn). It's not really a good idea to compliment her on something related to appearance unless the timing is right --- for example let's say that day she spent an abnormally long time trying to get her hair right - if you were to notice and pay a compliment it might land in this case. For a compliment to land it has to be genuine and should generally not be related to appearance - if you were to compliment her on her personality or something like that you'd have better odds (this requires for you to usually know her before hand tho).

So yeah, they are a grey area. At worst they can hurt you, but a well timed one can get the ball rolling (if she finds you handsome or whatever). Remember if the latter is true then it really woudln't of mattered what you said, so long as you approached her.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP asked about openers, as in when you first meet a woman so "disregarding" them isn't going to do anything lol
still shouldnt compliment them. you stay polite and look right through them.

your validation must be like crack cocaine or it is worth nothing at all

Well first of all, the girl has to actually be attracted to the guy for his disregardness to work, if you're ugly, lame ect that's not going to work lol, there has to be interest already or you've fvcked her good a few times or whatever.
I should have added that you must have laid down some serious D if your gonna start pulling off bad man moves, I totally agree with you, and I should have expanded on that.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Compliments never worked for me. But if it works for you thats great!