"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Openers in different situations at night?

robotmoogabi

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2019
Messages
28
Reaction score
22
Age
34
What kind of openers are you guys rocking at the moment?
Do you adapt for things like groups a lot? Or Whether she's by the bar, sitting with a friend, or like standing around with her friends etc?
I'm going through a stage at the moment where every opener sounds so lame in my head (as I picture me saying it to her) that I ***** out of opening. N

Happened a few times last night. There were these 3 teens, one of who was a stunner, and they were all just kind of dancing by the bar (one of those bars where most of the space is just an area where you can just sit down or dance and stand around). Everything from ''hey, who are you guys?'', to ''you look like you're having fun!'' to some sort of mysterymethod opinion opener just sounded as weak as each other! I just imagine them looking at me like ''Wtf?!!!'' lol. And that has happened a few time in fairness. Plus the fact that i'd realised that basically everyone knew each other and talking to strangers just doesn't seem to be the done thing here. I got way too up in my head

There was another one where there was a group of like 5 girls on the table next to me and I was running through some possible 'opinion openers' in my head, but they just seem to cheesy and false to me. Like, she knows I don't care about her opinion on this stuff! Hot girls know why they're being spoken too, right?

And one more was a girl at a table with a friend, but her friend went to the bathroom and I wanted to open her but again, nothing really came to mind. I think I was getting flashbacks from a weird reaction I got to opening a girl in a similar situation before where I said something about both our friends leaving us (I guess both she and I were the only non-smokers in the group) and she just looked at me and ignored me. I asked her if she spoke English and she shook her head. But then about 2 mins later some handsome mofo walked up to her and said something like ''Alright? By yourself?'' and she lit up lke a Christmas tree and they were dancing a few mins later!! lol

I found my balls at the end of the night and opened a different super hot girl outside the bar and decided to try direct and told her I thought she looked cute and wanted to say hi, and she just looked at me and was like ''Not interested! I've got a boyfriend'' and literally ran (well, kinda skipped/jogged) away from me lol.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Medina

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2019
Messages
862
Reaction score
1,543
I have exactly the same problem sometimes I just can't think of anything.

But honestly when I think back to all my lay's - all of the openers were bland

Are you any good at pool? So how long have you worked here? You look just like your brother! etc

If the attraction is there she will respond , if not, she won't

Just like your Christmas Tree guy
 

bigdave17

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
581
Age
37
I have exactly the same problem sometimes I just can't think of anything.

But honestly when I think back to all my lay's - all of the openers were bland

Are you any good at pool? So how long have you worked here? You look just like your brother! etc

If the attraction is there she will respond , if not, she won't

Just like your Christmas Tree guy
people judge you on how you make them feel, not what you say
 

robotmoogabi

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2019
Messages
28
Reaction score
22
Age
34
If the attraction is there she will respond , if not, she won't
yeah, I guess that's a good reason to not worry about the opener. Like, it doesn't matter. If she thinks you're hot it will 'work', and she thinks you're ugly or whatever, then no matter how good your opener, it's irrelevant.
But still, in the moment, I often fail to open unless I get a layup and something in the moment gives me what I think is a 'good' opener (such as some situation happens near her and I can comment on it or something)
 
Top