Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Openers for college campus sargin.

Viking25

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like in between classes I walk to another class and see so many HBs walking next to me or past me. I was thinking today,I should develop some sort of universal opener that I can use in any situation. Something that I can say anywhere on campus. It has to be something unique,. not like "what time is it?"...or "who lies more"...The latter would be not natural to ask if you just see someone in the hall.
So what can be asked?...I thought to ask for directions...but it would back fire later since I am junior and know campus pretty well.
Any ideas for what can be said for cold approach on campus?

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have something different for you!

Try things like

hi
good morning!

:)

Well, just do something! They know what you're up to anyway. They will either get with the program or tell you to take a hike. You'll have fun in every single outcome listed :)

spitkicker

Don Juan
Reaction score
you: "Where are you headed?"
her: "Over to the psych building"
you "Oh sweet, i'm actually a psych major, what course are you taking?"
her "umm intro to psych"
you: "omg, do u have professer hanberg? He's a total fossil. I had him soph year and..."

now she is opened up and things will flow

this can be applied to many situations, its not a script..

It can be modified..

"oh, cool, even though I'm studying xyz, i've always been interested in pyschology. Like, it's amazing how people can size eachother up in a fraction of a second. have you read malcom gladwell's book blink?"
her "no"
you "oh, well in it he talks about this cool process called thin slicing.."

Or maybe even...

"oh cool, the other day in my biology class we were discussing darwin, and he actually talks about the psychology of..."

This is all about relating to her and showing enthusiasm.

hope this helps. let me know.

Viking25

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's very hard to start conversation with someone who says "Hi ,good morning".Most women are not that good in conversation. Even if she finds you instantly attractive..all she can say back is Hi and good morning. And you are back to square one.
I came up with some here.
You see and girl and ask her: "Do you have a meal plan?
HB:..( all confused)..yes or no..or why ?
If she said why?...You say " oh good,I am looking for some pretty girl to take me to dinner"!
Same can be said if she said yes or no.
What do you think?

spitkicker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Viking, read my post over again. It answers what you just asked about.

The meal plan line sounds like a cheap pick up line..I wouldn't recomend it....

Panik

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've used this 'line' a bunch of times...usually works on the airheads. Make sure to look playful and get the kino going from the first moment...

(while in school)
1)

Mind reader opener:

ME: Hey, I just thought of something...(get her into YOUR reality)
HER: What?
ME: Do you believe some people can read minds?
HER: (ignore)
ME: I bet I can read yours...
HER: (ignore, most likely---"really?")
ME: Yep...(make believe you're thinking) you go to [add school name here] (smirk)!
Me: Well, I don't think ppl can read minds, but I'm trying, that's why I'm a psych major...how about you?

If she's the fun type of girl I personally would like to date, she would react to this in a playful manner.

2) Mascot Opener while in school

Me: Hey, you go to (add school name here) right? (playful)
Her: uhh, yeah?
Me: Sweet, go team! (give her a handshake, kiss on the cheek, hug, whatever you have the balls to do---be energetic)
Me: Me too! What's your major?

3) Major:

Me:"Hey, don't you think asking people 'what's your major' is an overused pickup line?"
Her: Yeah
Me: So, what's your major? (smirk)

Panik

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Do you have any gum/mints?" Procede to comment on her choice gum/mints, then ask her name, etc etc.

I sh1t you not, it's that simple. I've had great results with that ice breaker.

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I went to ASU the line was

"Have you seen my fish tank?"

Actually that was the line to get them back to your place.

ssj245

Don Juan
Reaction score
hm..

I hate this part. You have to be super creative with the openers. Its hard to think up of sh*t on the fly. And then if you dont think there good enough, then usually you back down. Like where would you get the confidence to deliver your line or opener, if you thought it was dumb in the first place and no offense, all the mentioned liners are dumb, or too daring, or too boring. But you still got to break the ice.

How can you improve on developing better openers so you dont feel stupid.

Cheat_LBJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: hm..

Originally posted by ssj245
I hate this part. You have to be super creative with the openers. Its hard to think up of sh*t on the fly. And then if you dont think there good enough, then usually you back down. Like where would you get the confidence to deliver your line or opener, if you thought it was dumb in the first place and no offense, all the mentioned liners are dumb, or too daring, or too boring. But you still got to break the ice.

Most people I know have had good success in this regard: put yourself in the frame of mind that you're just trying to be friendly -- you're not after sex, you're just after meeting someone new.

If people react poorly to that, that's just them being anti-social and paranoid.

If you get yourself in that frame of mind, a simple "So, where're you heading" or "Hi" can break the ice well.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: hm..

Originally posted by ssj245

That's the point! It doesn't matter how you break the ice. Only three things matter in an approach:
1) Build attraction
2) Build rapport
3) Close the deal

The rest is just bullsh1t. Instead of wasting your time thinking of better openers you should be out approaching. You stop feeling dumb after you get a little experience with it.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people I know have had good success in this regard: put yourself in the frame of mind that you're just trying to be friendly -- you're not after sex, you're just after meeting someone new.
Great way to make friends. Not a great way to approach women. You need to think with your d1ck more.

Mukester

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi...im lost. Can you tell me how to get to XXX* University?

(*The one you attend)

-If you can't get at least a number out of this AT COLLEGE(!!) then for keep practicing.

Tip: Don't say it seriously; otherwise you'll look like a weird loser. You should deliver it ****y; like you are using it as the most stupid lame opener ever, just to talk to her.

Zero Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shiftkey said:
"Do you have any gum/mints?" Procede to comment on her choice gum/mints, then ask her name, etc etc.

I sh1t you not, it's that simple. I've had great results with that ice breaker.

That sounds like it'd be a money line. I'm gonna try that.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
walk slow, smile and say 'hi'
she she slows, or stops, you stop.
then ask her a question like
'where are you headed off to?"
'how's you day so far?'