Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Only the sagacious...

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have already posted this in the tips forum but I think it should also be here. Many high school guys tend to talk too much in order to gain attention. This will definitely show you the benefits of controlling your outbursts (It showed me).

Ive got a VERY interesting expirement that you should try every once in a while (Ive done it several times)

Go through a day as you normally would, except DONT talk to anyone. When people ask you questions or want to communicate with you, you can nod your head but dont talk and dont write anything to them (unless its someone like your boss or something)

I tried this because I was curious of the reaction I would get. Every one paid more attention when you didnt talk because it made you that much more valuable. You were not shooting your mouth of at every oppurtunity, so people became more curious about you. The day that I last did this, I had chicks all on me asking me why I wasnt talking. I even had teachers threaten to lower my grade or something if I didnt talk (They didnt though,because they know what kind of charismatic guy I am).

The next day, you will discover that people pay more attention to what you say and respect your opinion more (this happened to me and still does to this day). And when you do talk for the first time in 24 hours, you will feel great.

Remember this quote....

"A fool talks because he has to say something"

"A wise man talks because he has something to say"

Try it, and tell me how it worked for you.

Roots

Don Juan
Reaction score
That sounds like a really good idea. I noticed the days that I talked less cuz I was all hung over, people paid more attention to me. Or was it the fact that I had to keep running to the bathroom to hurl... Well otherwise I'm the kinda guy that really should shut up... any ideas on how to keep my mouth shut. I think its cuz I have too many things to comment on. Well if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear em.

superman0

Don Juan
Reaction score
This sounds like a good idea.
I will try it tomorrow (monday) at school. I got alot of time off tomorrow because Iam in exams and I only have one tomorrow. So I will have about 3 hours in the cafateria to chill.
I will post my results tomorrow night, and then the next day to see how people react to me talking again.

antimeyzeek

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm...did you actually go the whole day without talking? around ur parents and crap too? it seems like it would be kind of hard...i guess you could call me a "class clown" so i talk even when im not supposed to be talking. do u think the fact that i talk more than most people will give a greater impact to the result of not talking at all one day?

Jimineye

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done that before

I've done that before.... and all I get is "whats wrong", "are you ok". Don't really get noticed anymore than I usually do, since I talk a lot. But it may work for some people.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Manifold Mosaic of the Mundane

I think this tip would be most-suited to those that are noted for their volume (EG, me). Someone with either a voice that carries (or is otherwise often noticed) or a class clown/loudmouth is likely to have the most far-reaching results.

The trick is to not ACT any differently that normal (in regards to body language): go about your routine, just curb chit-chat/outbursts. Hold yourself with the same regal bearing as per usual, and go about your day doing what needs to be done.

If people see a personality (read: easily-predicted behavior) change without a body language change, the interest is piqued to a great extent.

Unless you're a boring person.

Or a mule.

(Lousy mules...)

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good idea in theory, but actually considering its consequences...it's one of the sh*ttiest ideas I've ever heard.

The general idea is to be a ****y son of a b*tch...but funny at the same time. It's pretty hard to be either of the two with your mouth zipped shut the entire day. It's important for people to take what you say as important, but there are other ways of going about it.

People will respect your opinions by showing them to be valuable over time...not by walking around like a jackass that can't speak.

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jmm854
Maybe I would try it if there was a chance in hell it would work.

It works. Just try it before you say anything foolish. It will teach you the value of controlling yourself and being more of a mystery.

antimeyzeek

Don Juan
Reaction score
i go to an all guy's skool, would u still recommend it? no i don't wanna pick up guys btw
actually, it could be kinda fun :*

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It works. Just try it before you say anything foolish. It will teach you the value of controlling yourself and being more of a mystery.
There's a difference between not saying much, paying close attention to what comes out of your mouth, and saying nothing at all for an entire day. It's fine if someone wants to be quiet and only talk when necessary but to keep your mouth shut for an entire day is just plain stupid...and it won't accomplish anything except making you look it as well.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is an interesting idea
tho this may cause a helluva lot of weird/strange situations
like getting to school early and having nothing to do, sit down/hang out and just say nothing :)
lol

kinda awkward if you ask me
ill give this a try anyway, anyone who tries it post their results
should be interesting......:cool: