"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Only regret

4afe

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Location
AZ
I like many people have many small regrets like not buying pepsi when it was on sale, yet one regret that nags at me when I am trying to sleep or trying to study is the regret of all those missed chances. For me it is one of the hardest things to overcome, yeah sure I can forget it for a while but it will always come back to me when I lest expect it. It is one of the worst feelings to have, it is like a bottomless pit capable of eating a man alive. It is not some thing you can put a band-aid over and call it fixed it is some thing that will always come back to you.

Yet my past filled with missed opportunities still haunts my wakeing hours. For those of you have never experinced this, it is hard to explain it but for those of you who are like I was it is very real. Those of you who found this site and are changeing I tip my hat to you. Still no matter how hard I try and how much it hurts later I still lose it and dont take the shot. That is why I think it hurts more than ever, I know it will hurt later yet still I do nothing to make the intial conv. Then I look back at my actions and I laugh, I think how foolish I have become and how foolish I will stay. I decided to write this, on my own will, I do not expect any input from you I just wanted to get this out there and hopefuly help some one realize

the one thing that can never be repaired is true regret



Ryan
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Get over it kid - you are only 18 years-old. You sound like a 70 year-old man, for crying out loud!!!!
 

balengar

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
"the things we regret most in life are the things we DIDN'T DO."
--me

"sometimes you gotta just say 'what the ****' and make your move."
--miles, from Risky Business

i say, you gotta ALWAYS say what the ****. just go for it/just do it.
 

4afe

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Location
AZ
"get over it Kid" I'm sorry but I am not a child. In my eyes if I a old enough to fight and die for my country as are MANY of my friends (Yes, some of my firends have DIED in this "war on IRAQ")! I dont think I should be called a "Kid" , Sorry for the explosion of anger but, you my friend have no idea. Besides I think you missed the point of my post, and that in its self is sad.


Ryan
 

Wubbman

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
109
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
Fayetteville, AR
PRL, I think he is using this as a warning to others, not as a place to cry.;)
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

baracus

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
STFU!, you are a kid, dumbass. I'm sorry about your friends, I lost my cousing in the first Gulf War, but you know what--they died as kids. Just because you are 18, and can legally smoke cigarettes, join the military, get into a strip joint, or whatever, does not negate the fact that you are still a kid.
 

4afe

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Location
AZ
Originally posted by baracus
STFU!, you are a kid, dumbass. I'm sorry about your friends, I lost my cousing in the first Gulf War, but you know what--they died as kids. Just because you are 18, and can legally smoke cigarettes, join the military, get into a strip joint, or whatever, does not negate the fact that you are still a kid.

I am sorry I dont understand your thought process.... You can tell me "why I am a Kid" but you cant tell me what constitiutes as being a "kid". Besides by US Law I am an adult so you should take it up with your state rep, Sorry I dont make laws, change laws or any of that $hit so YOU ARE WRONG I AM AN ADULT! I would like to know where you get your information from to form these opinions of an 18 year old being a minor. You should really re-think it all.
If you are talking in terms of life expectancey as in I am a "kid" becuase today most men live well into their 70's. Again you are wrong I could die tomorrow and that would make me an adult at age 5 and 8 months. So again your reasoning is all messed up. What the hell is wrong with you buddy? you think I am on here to make enemies? My post was to warn, now I have this guy telling me I am a child and you telling me some sobb story (yes a sob story, I used my example with context you did not so yours was an unsolicited sob story).

Hey no hard feelings Friend



Ryan
 

baracus

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Yes, by law you are an adult. However, 18 is such an arbitrary number. If someone were to murder someone at the age of 14, then he'd be an adult all of a sudden in most states. There are "22" year old kids, there are "30" year old kids, etc. It's not the fact that you are 18 that makes you a kid; it's that you have not experienced life yet. I, however, don't know why you'd be ashamed of such a title.

For all I know, though, I could be wrong. Maybe your on your own completely, paying your own bills, being responsible for yourself; you may have already experienced the triumphs of life's highs, and yet fallen victim to its vicious indifference; you may have felt that lonely, burdensome anguish of your existence, or at other times you may have relished in it. Yes, you could be the wisest 18-year old in all the land.

But then again, you're only f***ing 18! BTW, my story wasn't meant to be a sob story; I just used my example to point out the fact that even though my 19-year old cousin died in a war, it did not make him a man.

Anyways, I wish I could be 18 -- a kid -- again. Only, I would not be ashamed to acknowledge myself as such.
 

4afe

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Location
AZ
I took offence to it because of your tone and diction, by starting your post as "STFU!". Besides traditionally when a person is referred to as a "kid" it is a put down, I must come from a completely differen place than you if calling some one a "kid" doesnt really mean any thing, other than inexperience. I would like to add Yes I have been through my fair share of Sh1t in life more so than most people I know. I am not ashamed of a false title "kid".
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
4afe - relax dude, you took my post out of context!!

When people talk about regrets, it is usually adults that are far beyond childhood. A 70 year old man has 50 years of adulthood to reflect upon and thus has more exoerience to have regrets than a 18 year old who has 0 years of adult experience. Things you did in the last 18 years can't be held too closely to your thinking because you were a child - and when I was a child I thought as a child, but not that I am a man, I have put childish thinking away.

A man (versus a child) has the experience and reasoning ability to make the right decisions throughout life, so when he makes the 'wrong' decision (drugs, hors, etc.) he knew he made the wrong decision because of the results and ill consequences that followed, and he now has regrets for taking such action! Understand?

Lighten uo - my first post was not intended as a slight against you, but rather was intended to give you a perspective that 'regrets' come with the passage of time as an adult and not as a child. The more experiences you have 'meaning time', the more things you have to reflect upon.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

4afe

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Location
AZ
Okay I see what you are saying. I was just reffering to many missed oppeotunities in general as a waring to every one else out there that has the mentality of "well tomorrow I will talk to her" or "I am not in the right mood".

Because my entier senior year of high school I sat on my ass watching this great girl pass me bye becuase I thought the next day I would have some new found strenght to talk to her, but now she is gone and I am gone far away from my high school, with the every nagging question of what could have been.
 
Top