Online dating - what works?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only good news is that every message I've gotten is terrible. 99% of the subjects are just "Hi", and the message is just something generic and boring about how "interesting" she sounds :rolleyes:

Shouldn't be hard to at least make your subject line stand out among the hundreds of "Hi"s in every decent-looking girl's inbox.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, lots more here, hi hi hi hi how boring?

sent a reply to the woman who was freinding me, this is her reply...

"I've found that most the guys with atractive pictures are really nice until you won't meet them when they want/sleep with them etc. That said I met my best male friend here (the guy I'm looking out for)and have also got to know a great bunch of girls. We meet up at least once a week and share dating horror stories and catch out the players. We also have a really good time in the real world. I think you will find (if you are as nice a you look and sound)that most of the men on here are a waste of time. The best tips I can give you is:
Never believe anything they tell you
Always insist o their home telephone number and call them a couple of times before any dates.
Never let them pick you up from home.
Just keep your wits about you, take everything with a pinch of salt and you'll be fine.
Where bouts are you from?
Do you have a big bnch of friends and do you go out much?

***** x

this is what we are up against lol

BigCat

Don Juan
Reaction score
betheman said:
yeah, lots more here, hi hi hi hi how boring?

sent a reply to the woman who was freinding me, this is her reply...

"I've found that most the guys with atractive pictures are really nice until you won't meet them when they want/sleep with them etc. That said I met my best male friend here (the guy I'm looking out for)and have also got to know a great bunch of girls. We meet up at least once a week and share dating horror stories and catch out the players. We also have a really good time in the real world. I think you will find (if you are as nice a you look and sound)that most of the men on here are a waste of time. The best tips I can give you is:
Never believe anything they tell you
Always insist o their home telephone number and call them a couple of times before any dates.
Never let them pick you up from home.
Just keep your wits about you, take everything with a pinch of salt and you'll be fine.
Where bouts are you from?
Do you have a big bnch of friends and do you go out much?

***** x

this is what we are up against lol
crikey!

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
betheman said:
We meet up at least once a week and share dating horror stories and catch out the players.
Great... they're forming ****ing cartels now. I guess this is what happens when demand heavily outstrips supply and you have an oligopoly.

This whole situation is ****ing ridiculous. Some mad scientist needs to create and release an airborne, heavily contagious virus that causes women to only have female children.

PS: My recon profile has been up for 2 days now and so far I've gotten 102 messages, and dozens of IMs. In the 3 years I've been on POF I got about 10, and nobody's ever IMd me on there.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Great... they're forming ****ing cartels now. I guess this is what happens when demand heavily outstrips supply and you have an oligopoly.
thats the key though, there is a demand, its a question of being part of what is in demand, clearly the majority of these guys arent, pretty pic will get you a foot in the door, just make sure you have a good pic, interesting, one that shows you in a good light.

not sure what to do with this woman, could have a bit of fun before getting caught out, any questions I should ask? :)

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The point is that the demand for women by men is exponentially higher than the demand for men by women. This gives them an extraordinary amount of leverage. Simple economics. The fact that this site and dozens like it exist and that there is no equivalent for females is proof enough.

ShinerDog

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried POF, OKCupid and eharmony, basically you get more quality women with the latter two, but even okc kind of sucks, since it's free you still have to compete, but at least if give you a match % and whatnot. I've met girls from okcupid and eharmony, eharm is the way better option if you are willing to fork out some $... I think POF sucks unless you are a very good lookin dude, good physique, etc. but I imagine the quality of women is not good.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
ok, experiment over, ive deleted 'her' profile.
Lessons:
99.5% of the messages Ive received have been non descript, meaningless drivel
the 'opposition' I have nothing to fear, I can more than match profiles, opening messages etc.
Pics, this is the key, you need a good pic of yourself, smiling, social, preferably with a mixed group with a good looking women nearby.
a really good looking guy with such pics will be an instant draw, the pic is the hook.
a lot of the women on dating sites, in this case pof, are cranks, there is more baggage than holiday season at heathrow.
the women tend to have incredibly high expectations and more than average sense of entitlement.
Ultimately, if you want to have any 'success' on such sites, follow the above.
Good luck

Szyzzlin

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're wasting your time online dating. You won't be able to separate yourself from the pack. Devote your time to more successful areas... like picking-up women in person.