Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Online dating profiles

bb213

Don Juan
Reaction score
So has anyone on here ever used any online dating sites? Any luck with them?
I read an article about writing an effective profile, I don't remember the author - or the article - but it was something about how to write a profile that gets replies. Anyone have any tips or suggestions for this?

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are quite a few threads on this so best to do a search. Opinion is divided on the usefulness of online dating services. If you're out DJing you'll find you don't really need them.

chili kat

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're a fairly good looking guy, you don't need to say much of anythng at all. I've experimented recently with all sorts of profiles (with the same picture) and the most receptive one was a three liner: "Relocated from Boston. Artistic/creative. No Emotional baggage."

I had tried the 'advised' profile approach and got either nothing at all or replies from women I would chew my own arm off to get away from. With the short zinger, I'm getting a lot more replies from good looking women. And just like I would after getting a # from a cold approach, I let them wait for a while before I respond.

bootmeup

Don Juan
Reaction score
Internet Success

I have hooked up with about 15 women over this year using on-line services exclusively.

Match.com and the free-site of www.newyork.craigslist.org. Only thing about Craigs is that you have to trade pictures, but hay free-is-free and you can't expect full service.

I am a sensitive, emotional, spiritual, Artsie sort of guy, who has added in the DJ stuff. I run a small computer business, so I guess I have developed a bit of Alpha maleness too.

I have done well. In my case it was not looks, I have only around average to perhaps a bit above average looks. All communication and technique so to speak.

Eventually you find out what is most effective and continue to develop it.

You need to have you first few communications thought out well, and go for the phone number with two emails. Home phones are best, but alot of women will only give out their cell phone these days until they know you a bit. If you can't get the phone number within a few emails, and a date within a call or two, their interest level is low and move on.

I am working on public approuches, but actually I currently use the Internet as my exclusive source of phone numbers.:cool:

fm2

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've used the internet to find my last few girlfriends in the last two years. I had been using the typical kinda nice guy, usual crap profile which did OK, but since reading here I totally changed it to being funny. Just about every chick I've been in contact with said it was funny and it got their attention. (Match.com and Lavalife, BTW.) And there have been more chicks with the new profile. Including them contacting me.

I gave a quick look at profiles of guys about my age and description just to check out the competition. Wow, what a bunch of lamers!! Make your profile a little different and a little funny and at least you'll stand out. And have a great pic, too!!

Also, when you do make contact with a chick, don't e-mail for too long or you'll be LJBFed.

Hope this helps,
fm2

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by fm2
I've used the internet to find my last few girlfriends in the last two years. I had been using the typical kinda nice guy, usual crap profile which did OK, but since reading here I totally changed it to being funny. Just about every chick I've been in contact with said it was funny and it got their attention. (Match.com and Lavalife, BTW.) And there have been more chicks with the new profile. Including them contacting me.

I gave a quick look at profiles of guys about my age and description just to check out the competition. Wow, what a bunch of lamers!! Make your profile a little different and a little funny and at least you'll stand out. And have a great pic, too!!

Also, when you do make contact with a chick, don't e-mail for too long or you'll be LJBFed.

Hope this helps,
fm2
Your story sounds a lot like mine. I had a lot of success with Match.com and Lavalife (my current gf of a year found me on Lavalife). DJ skills can work as easily online as anywhere else.

Here's a thread I from that I replied to that had a good list of 'need to knows' that I came to learn while I was available.

Interesting Situation

wysiwyg6000

Don Juan
Reaction score
here's a warning for younger people doing online dating: most of those chicks seem to be ****ed up. Between me and my friends, we mustve chatted or met over 10 girls this past year and just about every single one of them was a little off. I do think online dating is good for older people (23+) because the women there are a little more serious, starting to look for serious marriage track relationships and stuff, so you get more normal and professional women going on there.