Online dating: Feast or famine depending on looks.

Reaction score
I've always maintained that your looks determines your success in online dating. If you are white, (or black) have well formed muscles and look like some alpha dude on your photo shots, then you'll start complaining that it's too easy to get laid on the first date on the internet.

http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201665

Just take this one thread as a be all and end all for this arguement, then you got this other poster, his name is Real or the previous banned Skip, always brags about his success in myspace, but of course, this too is attributable to his looks.

MOST AVERAGE JOE guy's experience is sending out 100's of emails to get odd replies, if any, from girls they are not interested in, or if they do find a girl they are interested in, they either cant connect with her to get a reply from her, or if they do end up dating her, gets friendzoned while she looks for the bigger better deal.

So, this is just interesting to see someone complain about the very same thing that most guys would fantasize about having and complain about the very opposite.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your having trouble with online dating, do it in real life. BTW that guy isn't that goodlooking. He's average. I'm a lot better looking them him and get a lot less sex.

Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
That thread sounds like a pickup tactic of that guy. Brilliant, isn't it?
It's plausible because I've been on plentyoffish, and I noticed that some guys are in 100's of favorites's lists, and more mediocre ones may be on 20-30 favorite's lists, while the majority of guys have 0 on their favorite's list or a very small number.

I think feast and famine scenerios are basically saying this - you are either going to NATURALLY get lots of girls thowing themselves at you with little or no effort from your part, OR you are fighting some uphill battle and what not just trying to get a foot in edgewise. The determining factor of either scenerio is guess what - looks. If anyone on here has looks the same or better than that guy would probably have a similar experience that he has, I'd be surprized otherwise.

I've tried to improve my online game before by paying money for good photo shots, etc... (which I got partially refunded back since I didn't get the results) and even tried net2bed-net2wed stuff (which I got refunded back since it didn't work), and there are a few other online products out there to help improve your game. I can say that nothing has worked.

So, I've developed the belief that you either have it or you don't as far as this online thing is concerned and most guys have a miserable experience as women tend to focus on a few types of guys like that, so I virtually just have to give up when I look at stuff like that.

Let's face it statistically, most women are just slvts online and are looking for sex, so if you are not connecting with anyone, or are just getting the 'friend-shoulder' by people you do meet, while these same people are thowing themselves at other popular guys on the first date, then it's a system that clearly doesn't work, and David D'Angelo, Grand Adams, or any online dating guru cant likely make a difference for anyone.

Reaction score
muscleman said:
Yea looks help, we've been over this before. Not the be all end all, but it helps.

Hit the gym Luke. Nothing personal, but I'm sure your mom would be ok with you lifting weights and spending some of your money on a new wardrobe.
I've tried a new wardrobe and already tried a program called 'lookbetteronline.com' which did not work.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke, why don't you try something like what he is doing. If you want sex, then advertise that you are sick of women who only want sex and that you want to be respected on an emotional level without jumping into bed right away. This ad will draw women who have the problem of jumping into bed with men right away.

Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Luke, why don't you try something like what he is doing. If you want sex, then advertise that you are sick of women who only want sex and that you want to be respected on an emotional level without jumping into bed right away. This ad will draw women who have the problem of jumping into bed with men right away.
I've already tried that in the past and it doesn't work. Just got one smiley as a matter of fact. The pic just sucks I guess.

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke we've all tried to help you many times. We realize that you're going against almost half a lifetime of different (and many would say improper) conditioning.

Ultimately, you can get out of your situation, but you have to start applying everything you've been told here since May 2006. And not just what feels comfortable (trying all that online stuff), but really make an effort to change yourself in the real world.

You can start by doing these two things:

1) Go to the gym and start lifting weights. http://www.bodybuilding.com and the fitness section here has all the resources you will ever need, right at your fingertips.

2) Look for a non-commission job so you can get some more $$ and MOVE OUT OF YOUR PARENTS HOUSE. You will die there if you don't.

Obliteraga

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:
If your having trouble with online dating, do it in real life. BTW that guy isn't that goodlooking. He's average. I'm a lot better looking them him and get a lot less sex.
I love when people just say they're better looking than someone else on the forum and yet there's no pictures to be found. If you're gonna state something like that, give some proof and let people other than yourself be the judge.

Maybe you aren't as good-looking as you think and that's why you get "a lot less sex." You might actually be uglier than he is, who knows?

Reaction score
Obliteraga said:
I love when people just say they're better looking than someone else on the forum and yet there's no pictures to be found. If you're gonna state something like that, give some proof and let people other than yourself be the judge.

Maybe you aren't as good-looking as you think and that's why you get "a lot less sex." You might actually be uglier than he is, who knows?
What are you talking about?

bambam

Banned
Reaction score
females are not like you horny boys. they all look for something different. looks are a lot less impressive to them than being somebody of importance. study after study shows that most females get off to shopping more than they do to sex. it is just that most of you buy into the whole idea that they want sex as much as you do. it just isn't true. if they wanted sex as much as you did the hetero. world would be like the gay world. you would be getting your fix in airport bathroom stalls.

Reaction score
bambam said:
females are not like you horny boys. they all look for something different. looks are a lot less impressive to them than being somebody of importance. study after study shows that most females get off to shopping more than they do to sex. it is just that most of you buy into the whole idea that they want sex as much as you do. it just isn't true. if they wanted sex as much as you did the hetero. world would be like the gay world. you would be getting your fix in airport bathroom stalls.
...and what does that have to do with this thread topic?

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it depends on the kinds of pictures you post on that site...if you post naughtier pics ... ya you'll probably appeal to the types of girls who are just lookin for hook ups, and vice versa.

I posted some old promo shots, and most of the girls that I hooked up with only wanted me for sex....

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bambam said:
I don't really agree with this...women are better at hiding their fondness for sex, but in my experience women are just as horny, if not more so than many guys that I know.

They just have to be pickier about who they do it with because of evolutionary stuff .... we have lotsa sperm, they only release one egg at a certain point in the estrous cycle, blah blah...so naturally they'll wanna have great sex with someone they construe as having the best genes.

Real

Banned
Reaction score
skip2mylou here

the word i hear most to describe my pics on myspace is "cute" - meaning im not at the top of the food chain when it comes to looks........and that explains why when it comes to meeting really hot girls from myspace, my messages get ignored by 90% of HB9+'s but it doesnt matter, i play the numbers game and have still ended up with a good # of hot girls from myspace...........if i were to game only hb6's, i would have much much better success

in other words, looks has 100% to do with whether you get a reply after sending a girl a message (and this is only in the myspace world, all other sites are useless)

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Real said:
in other words, looks has 100% to do with whether you get a reply after sending a girl a message (and this is only in the myspace world, all other sites are useless)
Maybe not 100%, but a VERY high % nonetheless.

Remember, due to diverse demographics, attractive women get bombarded by guys wanting to stick their kawks in them. This makes it a very close race and the women must become super-picky.

I'd say online, looks, race & height become extra-important. So, a decent-looking White guy can definitely make a killing.

Real

Banned
Reaction score
also if a hot guy messages a girl and they have mutual real life friends, that helps ALOT

p.s. Luke, STOP GOING TO THAT ENOTALONE.COM SITE!!!! ITS A WHOLE BUNCHA LITTLE PUSSIES THERE GIVING YOU "ADVICE" THAT ADD TO YOU DEMISE AS A POSSIBLE DON JUAN