Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Online dating apps

Djjead12

Don Juan
Reaction score
Apps like bumble etc .. What are some topics / lines you use to get the girl talking? Sometimes I have conversations that flow naturally and other times it’s like pulling teeth. Are there any topics, questions etc you use that seem to always work? I hate cheesy stuff like “tell me your best travel story” “if you were a candy bar which one would you be” .. I see lines like this suggested on tons of webpages and I think it sounds incredibly stupid so I’ve never done it but maybe it works ?? I know the goal is to be witty and fun but what are some specific examples. Once she’s engaged and talking I’m good and can set a date.. but those first texts getting her engaged is what can be difficult

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
You: Good afternoon, I'm Mike, I run my own business. What are you looking for in dating?
Her: blah blah blah, I'm interested
You: give me your number we'll chat on whatsapp
Her: 3059995522

If she's not interested, she won't respond to your first message or it would be a one word. If she's interested in online girlfriend she won't give you her number. Be bald, so long as your opener is good, I mean if you live with your parents it won't fly - I'm Mike, I'm 32 got an accounting job and I live with my parents. What are you looking for in dating? Vs I'm Mike, I'm a police officer. What are you looking for in dating?

Have one pic where you traveling or clubbing having fun smiling, and one pic where you are masculine, no selfies.

Last edited:

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I avoid OLD but when I used it a year ago or so, I would simply ask a question about one of her pics or something she said in her profile that demonstrated I actually took the time to look closely, read, comprehend, and be curious about her. I would try to make the question funny, or maybe even a little teasing. Teasing is good because it's risky. Some ppl warn against taking risks like this but I feel strongly that you should do it because it is one of the very few things a man can do over text that conveys confidence. It shows you aren't thirsty, don't care too much, and are willing to risk it.

If she responds, she better put SOME effort into her reply. Doesn't have to be much but better be more than "haha yeah", "lol" etc. I generally only do 3-4 back and forth messages before I invite her on the date. Believe it or not, most girls who are on OLD to find a guy actually do want to meet up, and they get frustrated when a guy takes forever to ask them out. Don't assume she wants a pen pal for days before a date offer. If she says she wants to talk more before agreeing to a date, hard next her. She's either some weird lonely dude, a girl who isn't in the photos, a girl who is looking for a pen pal, or she is super inhibited to the point of being un-datable.

Conversation is a two way street. We men are not here to prove to women that we are worth talking to while they look down and judge us from their throne. We do our part to be charming and make conversation and if she isn't putting in the effort to keep it going, why the f*ck is she worth our time and effort? Get into that mindset. EXPECT reciprocation from women. Just because she has 1000 guys hitting her up doesn't mean she is suddenly a princess, and if you expect more from her, this is likely to be what makes you stand out to her.... Not some clever line.

Glassguy

Reaction score
I recently jumped back on Tinder and Bumble just for the pure goal of using them as other platforms to add a new plate or two.

My profile says "Former college athlete turned business owner. $50 bet that my dog is cooler than your dog, because he is"

I literally put ZERO effort into the first message after a match. ZERO.

My first message is normally "Hey you". Thats it. Some I waited several hours or a day or two to message and others I messaged within 30 minutes of matching. It really seemed to make no difference.

In two weeks time I had over 150 matches on Tinder, a few less on Bumble. Maybe 100 or so. Of course a few of them were the same chicks on both apps. After we matched I would go back through when I had time and see which ones I wanted to message and which ones I didnt. I left about half of them in the queue.

If they responded back to the "Hey you" I would proceed to send back a slightly longer message based on her reply.

Ex:
Me: Hey you
Her: Well hello Glassguy! Do I win that $50?
Me: That is tbd
Her: Oh yeah?
Me: I know MY dog......so I have to wait until I meet yours ;)
Her: Well you will love my dog!
Me: Shoot me your number and I will message you in a bit....gotta run and texting is easier

She gave me her # and I am meeting her for drinks tonight

Another:
Me: Hey Kim. Any big plans this weekend?
Her: Hiiii Glassguy. Nothing big, wbu?
Me: I have a crazy busy weekend lined up
Her: Oh yeah? Anything fun?
Me: Of course....duh! Live music, drinks, etc etc
Her: Now that sounds fun. Who are you going with?
Me: I might have an open seat for Friday......possibly. Shoot me your number and I will text you

Date lined up for Saturday night. Live music and drinks, she is meeting me at my place first.

"Hey you" or "Key Kim..blah blah" is for a reason. Its a MINIMAL investment. I am not sending her some long line, using a corny pickup line, etc. Its a short statement or question and then I go off her response. SHE must in a way put forth some effort to keep the convo alive. She will get the impression that I am not a chaser and I have options. Long messages only show a scarcity mindset and lack of options. Its like you are selling her on why she should respond back to you. Nah.....I dont have the time. Short messages work.

Also, I use the same convo I would use if I walked up to a chick in a pub or out in public. Instead of saying "Hey I am Glassguy", she already knows my first name because its in my profile. I try to get her off the app by getting her phone number within 10 messages. From there its still like I am having a face to face, laid back convo with her in person. "So where are you from", etc.

So a simple "Hey you" works if she has high interest on my looks alone. Thats the key guys. If she responds back to such a short message I KNOW she finds me attractive because it wasnt the message at all, it was my looks.

I NEVER ask if what she is "looking for". Ever. She will bring it up if its important. To me its not important. I will assume she wants drinks and d!cked down.
I NEVER ask if she is dating other people. Ever. If she asks me I will say "Yeah just weighing my options now that I am single". Thats it. Most of the time they will say something like "how strong is my competition" and I say something like "there are a lot of cool chicks who are single out here but I cant answer your question until we get to know each other better".
I NEVER double message, especially if I ask her when she is free, a specific question (I generally only make statements), etc. If her interest isnt high enough to also pursue me thats ok. I have 100 other women in my queue waiting to chat.

Its all about attraction, having an abundant mindset that is revealed by not sending long messages, getting to the point, etc. I dont waste time with chicks so I get them off the app and invite them to join me for drinks very quickly.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Some of yall need to go get a drink of water before you start messaging these chicks because you're thirsty as hell and it shows.

Stop trying to sell some chick that you dont even know on why she should message you back or choose you. It reeks of scarcity and lack of options.

You will get much more hits if you're attractive but you also have to know how to handle those leads or you will just burn through them with no results if you are coming across as a guy who invests quickly in random chicks.

Glassguy

Reaction score
One more point to consider-

Social skills are a must. Its as important as being attractive to women. If you can fvck up text messages where you literally have time to think about what you should be sending, I would hate to see how badly some of these dudes fail in face to face conversation with women when they dont have time to think about what they should be saying (or not saying).

Be smooth. Be natural. Be seductive.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the wrong focus because what you say is almost completely irrelevant compared to what you show. The only thing you need to keep in mind when it comes to the talking is not what to say, but simply to not say something thirsty or corny. The other 95% is just your looks, status and pictures, if you have those down you'll get results because women will help you and make it easy for you by themselves and if you don't you won't.

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Prob. the best bet is for @guru1000 , @Glassguy and @Amante Silvestre to give some step-by-step tips online dating app game.

It's hit or miss for me. Some weeks I'm hot, others I'm not. Stay away from Match. I find the same ladies on Match are on Bumble. More than a few ladies I found 10+ years ago are still live on Match and message me from time to time. These are the ones to stay away from. They have the same pics too. Something is a miss with them.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Keep in mind when you on OLD you are for a woman 30% looks, 30% what you do for a living, 30% charisma personality. You want step by step, you got it:

Day1. You message 20 or so women, introduce yourself, qualify yourself, ask a question.
Day2. You ask her number.

Done!

The % of positive responses depend on your looks man, can't do nothing about it but to message older women.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Keep in mind when you on OLD you are for a woman 30% looks, 30% what you do for a living, 30% charisma personality. You want step by step, you got it:

Day1. You message 20 or so women, introduce yourself, qualify yourself, ask a question.
Day2. You ask her number.

Done!

The % of positive responses depend on your looks man, can't do nothing about it but to message older women.
What's the remaining 10%? ;'p

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
That remaining 10% could be her btch state she's in that particular moment, or we can call it 33% each, whatever. It's really easy to test what works for you. Thing you do all the time is message 20 or so new chicks each time you log in, you can use one week one strat, the other week another strat, and see what works for you best. One thing you should _NOT_ do tho, is keep doing the same thing and failing all the time, you gotta adjust. Got no looks? Fine! Money is a great equalizer, got money, show them you're above average and way ahead. Display personality and charisma by not willing to talk to them online and message back and forth more than it is necessary, because when you do you feed her ego by supplying an unlimited amount of attention.

Your typical woman, doen't matter her HB or age, gets a ton of messages online each day, they come from all over, not just OLD, over her FB, instagram, whatever, and they all read the same thing:

Hi/hello/how are you/question about something in her profile/damn girl you look hot

Then it is followed up almost all the time, she might look at the message read it and don't reply and it will be followed up by the dude, as if he was watching her. Crippy sht. She might reply saying something like hi, or hello, or thanks, or good, or whatever other one word reply, because those messages don't deserve anything longer. There you go, dudes are forced into their frame and she got a ton of attention providers like that. But I tell you what, she got only a few high value males messaging her. Deviate from the norm, act high value, doesn't matter how you do it. I personally am not willing to invest more than two messages on OLD to get her number, the way you do it is up to you.