Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

One exercise per muscle workout

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a doubt of mine if it's alright to have workouts based on one exercise only. For example, right now I'm having a chest workout. To feel the pump and feel it burning like hell there's only one exercise that makes me feel this way - dumbbell flyes. No push-ups, no bench press... this is the only one that makes me feel it (the other ones just get me tired, no good feeling).

Is it alright to base a whole workout on one good exercise for each muscle (for example, flyes for the middle part of the chest, declined and inclined for the upper and lower part of it)?

Bandolero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you post a picture? Most bro's really focusing to much on chest .
Just take a look at basic calisthenics .
It's possible to grow with almost everything but not without consistency.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a doubt of mine if it's alright to have workouts based on one exercise only. For example, right now I'm having a chest workout. To feel the pump and feel it burning like hell there's only one exercise that makes me feel this way - dumbbell flyes. No push-ups, no bench press... this is the only one that makes me feel it (the other ones just get me tired, no good feeling).

Is it alright to base a whole workout on one good exercise for each muscle (for example, flyes for the middle part of the chest, declined and inclined for the upper and lower part of it)?
No. It also depends on your goals. Spot training and bro splits don’t work. All you’ll get are injuries and a disproportionate body. Disregard this advice if you plan on taking steroids, as anything can work with the right drug ****tail.

Try zeroing in on a specific athletic goal. For most guys- If you want to look strong, you have to be strong. If you want a big chest, work your way to up to bench 1.5X your body weight, and Overhead Press 0.75X your body weight.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Working out only one group of muscles rarely give productive results because activating more than one muscle group is more effective for muscle growth.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I mean if you are doing the same exercises every workout then no because they are only working the muscle in a certain way. There are 4 sides to every muscle you ideally want to choose exercises that compliment each other so that all 4 sides get worked near equally.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. That is a waste time. Bro splits are for drug addicts. Focus on solid core lifts - squat, deadlifts, chin ups, rows, overhead press, dips / bench press / push ups.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Assuming natural, do something like upper/lower, fully body or push pull legs.

Frequency shows as being important if natural, rather than waiting 7 days between muscle groups. That said, I know natties that are in great shape following body part 'bro' type splits.

Diet, consistency, hard work are more important than the perfect routine. Any of the above with the key compounds will get good results over time.

Reaction score
i think 2 muscles in one workout works the best coz you get to hit all muscles 2 times per week. so it is better fir muscle growth and weight loss too

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I typically hit the muscle a minimum of 4 times, like if I'm using the shoulder press there are 2 individual grips so you can do a super set or if your using the Vert chest press you can bring your grip as close together as the handles allow, then as far apart as they allow, works similar grouping but not the same.

Isometric holds help as well, locking out the movement for 3-5 seconds at the top of the Rep then slowly down.

Leg days are ****ing killer but I have killer legs and glutes now so yeah, I just stack up on the muscle as much as I can without injuring myself, you absolutely cannot ego lift and do this or you will hurt yourself

monkeybrain

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a hierarchy of exercises based on how much neural demand they require. For example cleans from the floor are far more intense then seated leg extensions the former is a complex multi joint exercise the latter is a simple single joint isolation. The chest fly falls halfway up the hierarchy because it involves two joints but is still an isolation exercise, is difficult to load very heavily, and is more conducive to higher repetitions. This doesn't make it a bad exercise but it should inform how you use it in programming. You don't want to base your program around lower order exercises. Pressing moves will allow you to more easily recruit faster twitch fibers which is important for continued chest development. All that being said flys and presses are certainly needed to build a big chest. Try warming up with flys to establish a mind/muscle connection and try using the fly in a pre/post fatigue fashion. What has your chest routine looked like so far?

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've just been using the ab wheel, I can get to about 3/4 extension and that squeeze in your obliques is unreal, I was feeling it a bit in my lower back as well but I've hit my back 5 days in a row this week I need to stop lol