Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

On Turning Down Social Invitations

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm going to give some obvious advice. So obvious, it has to be said:

Never Turn Down a Social Invitation

There are guys who wonder where to meet women. A man sits in his room wondering how to practise his DJ skills - and then the man gets an answer - "Go to the coffee shop!", "Go to the mall!", "Go alone to a club!".

Yes, there are times when this sort of thing works, but what I have noticed, especially in my own life from time to time, are occasions when people would as me out to the pub, a church service, a party, the beach, and I said no - thinking "I'd rather play Half Life 2". It took me ages to figure out the reason I don't get to practise my DJ skills is because I never say yes to these people. I've lost count of the number of times had I NOT said "yes" I wouldn't have met a new group of friends, or a cute girl, or some interesting quirky person.

So, if someone asks you to go out with them for whatever occasion, say yes more than no. The more you say no, the less you get asked, until you never get asked and you fall into some fit of playing computer games for the rest of your life.

Nick

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly!:up:

I've understood this a long time ago.

Just like you said, it's not actually about the very times when you say "yes" and go out with people, because you might just not meet any chicks at all on every opportunity.
It's more about you will get less and less asked to go out if you always say "no".

Sure the whole thing is very different from one person to another. For some people, everytime you get asked out to do something, there will probably be tons of hot chicks, for example if you are in the fashion business or showbiz. For others, most likely you won't meet any hot chicks, like when you get asked out by your friends who are in engineering fields.

But it's not the point. It's more about the habit than the immediate outcome.

Ll Principe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think your argument is true and false.

I think what one must do is do what the night has to offer, if the "best event" on that night is the "social event" than you got to say "yes." however, sometimes their are other things that are more important than the social event and therefore I wont go and do something else that would be far far more appealing to me because I know that their are many many parties to come in my life and missing a few isnt going to make or break whether I receieve more invites...infact missing a few could be a good thing you can come across as someone that has OTHER things in life other than attending social events...

I would say for every 10 parties you are invited to you should attend 7 of them.

randomusername

Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree. Sometimes, turning down social invitations because you have other things to do is good. Sometimes if you show up to every single social event, you look needy and like you don't have anything else going on...its like going to the exact same bar every Friday night.

Diversify the groups you hang out with regularly...don't make yourself exclusively available and have someone say "yeah, I know (insert your name here) is going to be there...he always is!".

baffledking

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hang out with like-minded people, and guys who want to talk about improving their game and putting it into practice. I go to parties once in a while and clubs even less, but gaming girls at the mall or bookstore, etc.. is where you can get the most out of your time.

Party rule: arrive late and leave early.

randomusername

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ll Principe said:
randomusername: clearly, and i mean CLEARLY, you were TOO LAZY to read my above post.

:cool:

i was disagreeing with the initial post. and i still haven't read your post.

foomee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This actually came to mind this morning when I was in the shower. I looked back on all the girls I've met and hooked up with and dated, and most of them I met at parties or social events. The more events you go to, the more people you'll meet, and the more girls you'll meet. Your chances of meeting girls increase with the more social events you attend.

randomusername

Don Juan
Reaction score
foomee said:
This actually came to mind this morning when I was in the shower. I looked back on all the girls I've met and hooked up with and dated, and most of them I met at parties or social events. The more events you go to, the more people you'll meet, and the more girls you'll meet. Your chances of meeting girls increase with the more social events you attend.

I agree to this, to a point. Step outside the comfort zone. And it is a lot easier to connect since there is some similarities. And they generally are higher caliber women.