Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

On Rejection

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
--Michael Jordan

It is common knowledge that pick-up's are a numbers game. The first girl says no, the second says yes. What is important in the game is bouncing back. A rejection can really hurt. The ego, depending on how fragile it is can become damaged.

The good news is that you can bounce back it may take minutes, hours...even days or months.

Even the best Pick up artist is not always on top of his game. Using his best field proven lines and tactics sometimes does not work for the master pick up artist. The difference between a regular pick up artist and the master is that the master always bounces back.

When a basketball player goes to take a shot he feels that it will go in (or at least he tries to get it in). Sometimes they miss. The great players shut out the misses and concentrate on scoring. How can you score when you doubt yourself and your abilities?

Injury is common in the game. You are going to get hurt. All pick up artists know this. Risk, pain and injury are part of the game. Can you imagine how many times Michael Jordan was knocked to the hardwood floor, or elbowed in the face? How many times has he in addition to missing the lay-up come down hard in the paint? He and other great players just get up and limp down to the other end of the court, waiting to get a chance to try again. The greats know that when they go on court that they might get hurt but they still play hard. The greats play to win.

I went to a club recently and the first 2 girls who I asked to dance said "No".
The third girl who I asked said, "Yes" and we danced together all night. What if I had stopped after the first 2 "no's" and gone home? I would have missed out on the "Yes".

Courage is being scared to death--and saddling up anyway.
--John Wayne

Courage is an essential part of a DJ's arsenal. Without courage there is no approach. It's like seeing the hoop and being afraid to take the shot. In the pick up you either get a yes or a no. You have to have the courage to take the shot. If it is a no you have to have the courage to continue with the game.

Always go for the goal. If you miss, don't worry they'll always be another shot.

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Absoutley Brillant ,

I've returned to This post zillion times for motivation and it helps big time ...........

Time Now To Add Something To Increase Motivatizing , LOL

Study children. They fall and get up and try again and again, and then they walk. They are always ready to laugh, at the littlest things. They are constantly interested in new things to learn about. They sleep well.

"Come, my friends, 'tis not too late to seek a newer world." - Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809-1892)

Herc

Reaction score
Good Point

Where did all the replies to the post go? I was reading it just the other day.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know most people are fully aware of the fact that you must fail in order to succeed.

But it never ceases to amaze me the great lengths people go to in order to avoid pain, rejection, and failure. A false sense of security is the reason 95% never truly succeed in life.

Every one of my successes came on the heels of a colossal failure. You would be amazed at the options that open up to you just when the world seems like it is going to end.

xRobertx

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is exactly my problem
the logical part of my brain knows that you have to lose in order to succeed
unfortunately another part of my brain forbids me to let myself fail to avoid pain

@ STR8UP

100% true
could you give some more insight on this and/or examples of your colossal failures that turned out to be options/chances

xRx

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Good Point

Originally posted by Herc
Where did all the replies to the post go? I was reading it just the other day.
I just reposted this on the new board. The replies are still on the old board and in the DJ Bible.

T Dog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump - one of the best posts in the bible

Here are some more statistics.

If you are looking for a job you must contact 200 employers with positions you qualify for to get a job.

Remember, a target list of 200 positions results in seven interviews that result in one job offer. (Five to six job possibilities will fall away through no fault of your own.)

Translation:

It's all about volume. If you aren't approaching a lot of women, you just aren't going to find one that you click with and one that clicks with you.

Sometimes you will lose one through no fault of your own.

T Dog

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
" All I know is that I've missed on 100% of the shots I never took"
- Wayne Gretzky when asked to comment on his shooting percentage.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumping this up for some Newbies who think rejection is the worst thing in the world...

Note to newbies: Rejection isn't the worst thing...Castration is. Now quit whining about getting shot down or we'll castrate you. :D

Tao of Steve

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Slickster
" All I know is that I've missed on 100% of the shots I never took"
- Wayne Gretzky when asked to comment on his shooting percentage. [/B]
everyone should write this on their hand, and look at it everytime the afc in them starts telling you 'she will laugh, she wont like u etc'.

asghar

Reaction score
is she interested.

my friend asked a girl out for me,this caused her to go red ,smile,blushe but say she is spoken for.is she playing hard to get or is there know chance.

Raptured Phoenix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: is she interested.

Originally posted by asghar
my friend asked a girl out for me,this caused her to go red ,smile,blushe but say she is spoken for.is she playing hard to get or is there know chance.
LMAO ahahahahahaha

how old are ya buddy? Maybe we should have an "elementary school" forum :rolleyes:

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
inspirational post!! great collaboration of quotes

hacx

Don Juan
Reaction score
great article!!!!!!!!!