Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

On Metrosexuality

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I'm only going to say this once...

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "METROSEXUAL".

"Metrosexual" was some word that a newspaper coined because the war in Iraq wasn't really jumping yet and they needed some "filler". "Straight guys who act gay" didn't work. Neither did "wussies" or "particularly sensitive males".

So they made up the word "metrosexual" because most of these guys happened to be part of some urban cultural life. (Where the hell did they do their research? San Fransisco?)

There are homosexuals, heterosexuals, bisexuals, and transsexuals. "Metrosexual" literally means someone who is sexually attracted to a city, or the people in it. And given that the majority of people in cities are straight, it's a stupid term made by a stupid paper.

And it discusses me that the term even gets so much play on a forum like this. :rolleyes:

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So cutting your toenails is considered gay?

Well maybe Houdini was super-flexible, but until the day I can reach down with my teeth to bite my toenails down, I'm cutting them.

bullmoose

Don Juan
Reaction score
I pluck my eyebrows -- not just the unibrow; I have to keep 'em from annexing the rest of my forehead. (Irish and Russian-Jew heritage.)

I use an exfoliant a couple times a week. My skin looks fresher, and girls have complimented me on my skin tone. (Though, to be fair, they've never said anything until we're already making out or sexing.) I travel a lot, spend lots of time on planes and sometimes when I'm on a job I'll go days without showering (Indonesia after the tsunami comes to mind -- two weeks with water for drinking only. We smelled like a locker room at the half.) Exfoliating helps get the third-world smeg / airplane air out of my pores.

I trim my nails and push my cuticles down. I polish my shoes. I trim my bush. I jelq (and it works -- flames in another thread, please.) I still do my Daily Sevens from the USMC every morning, and augment it with a couple moves from Combat Conditioning.

I dye my hair. I (no bull$#!+ here) have a patch of white hair that grew out of the top of my head a few weeks after my first time in combat. Easier to dye it than to explain it. (Trust me on this one; I've tried explaining it.)

I wear shoes that the Queer Eye guys would spunk themselves over.

Am I metro? Who f'n cares? I've got 'em lined up like Rockettes.

Is being a metro enough to get you chicks?

Nope.

Is anything by itself enough to get you chicks?

Nope.

My self-maintenance routine is one more slice of the very complex pie that is BullMoose. Complexity keeps girls interested. If they've got you figured out, they're done with you.

Mack Bishop

Don Juan
Reaction score
REAL MEN USE THE INTERNET TO PICK UP CHICKS

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

I don't so much care how other people dress...as do I how things are done and portrayed.

For instance, in schools in MA, packets on homosexuality are being passed out, homosexual classes and assemblies are being held, all before parents are notified.

Firstly, if they are notified, why do it anyways? Shouldn't kids be taught about what they're born as then allowed to discover their own interests.

Secondly, sex is something taught by parents, NOT by the state, governments, or corporations. The fact a homosexual agenda is present in my state and is foisted on young kids barely knowledageable about sex is disconcerting. MOREOVER, tax dollars pay for these things.

Next, clothing...Express/Structure used to have an edgy style. A&F clothing was thought to be worn by Frat guys, now a good number of it is pink with flip flops, or the flowery shirts. Most stores you go into carry similar styles. Kohls, Marshalls, and Filenes, carry similar styles, but by and large most styles are too young or to old.

Another thing to consider is that...fashionable men exist. Marketers just put a peg to it so they could MAKE a market. Read ANY dan kennedy book and you'll see as he explains...

"Take the unglamorous and make it glamorous, invent your own work, secretly and dub it with your own title."

Metrosexuality primarily exists, however they're catering to it like it's a market. Guys who were stylish always were and had an affinity for those things. A market of men, most upperclass, who sought to take care of themselves ALWAYS existed. They always sought style, etc, so what's the big deal?

The big deal is, marketers make bigger bank catering to this segment than they do men who don't care as much because the title metrosexual sells facils products, high end clothes, dinners, spa treatments, work out clothing, gyms, pricey cars, etc. It's a marketers paradise. The spending habits of men who blow big money on big toys, with feminine habits of caring for oneself. The market potential is huge. You've got the ultimate consumer. A man who buys a $7,000 plasma and surround system, puts them into his Mercedes SUV, and then goes to the gym, goes the spa, and drops $500 on dinner. How can you lose?

A-Unit

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
screw all these metros

i ony shower when i can smell my balls standing up.

plus i shave with a rusty machete

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re:

Originally posted by A-Unit
Another thing to consider is that...fashionable men exist. Marketers just put a peg to it so they could MAKE a market. Read ANY dan kennedy book and you'll see as he explains...
Metrosexuality primarily exists, however they're catering to it like it's a market. Guys who were stylish always were and had an affinity for those things. A market of men, most upperclass, who sought to take care of themselves ALWAYS existed. They always sought style, etc, so what's the big deal?
The big deal is, marketers make bigger bank catering to this segment than they do men who don't care as much because the title metrosexual sells facils products, high end clothes, dinners, spa treatments, work out clothing, gyms, pricey cars, etc. It's a marketers paradise. The spending habits of men who blow big money on big toys, with feminine habits of caring for oneself. The market potential is huge. You've got the ultimate consumer. A man who buys a $7,000 plasma and surround system, puts them into his Mercedes SUV, and then goes to the gym, goes the spa, and drops $500 on dinner. How can you lose?
You got it. It's well entrenched in the marketing machine. We always need new markets. Witness the explosion in types of toothpaste.

"No potential market left untouched."

Just like everything else in this country, it's the bottom line that ultimately drives everything. And you can basically double the market of "personal care" products by pushing stylish men as the preferred lifestyle. It's just basic marketing.

The push isn't about being gay, it's about selling products to straight men. (Gay men already by those products.)

I used to like Men's Health. Now it's become the ultimate marketing tool because it mixes masculinity with metro-type style.

So... metrosexulality is not going anywhere for a while. Not until the market has reached a saturation point.

The economy is a force 100x as powerful as any potential conspiring gay network.

Brad324

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
screw all these metros

i ony shower when i can smell my balls standing up.

plus i shave with a rusty machete
you forgot "toilet paper shmoilet paper!"

bdr23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you hate metros cause they get hot girls and you don't. Only haters talk sh*t.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The males of many species...

Ever seen a male pheasant and a female pheasant?

The male is the one with the gaudy colors.

A bit of food for thought (no pun originally intended).

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Interpol
This is why the supposed division between "real man who takes care of himself" and "metrosexual" is meaningless and arbitrary. There is no absolute division, it just comes down to where each individual draws the line.

For example, I cut my own fingernails and toenails twice a week but I probably wouldn't pay for a manicure or pedicure. I use facial masks but I wouldn't wear makeup.

We all have our own personal definitions of what is ok and what is "too feminine" but there's no reason to insult other guys just because they do things you wouldn't be willing to. If that translates to more success, then more power to them.

There's no reason we need to get into an "us vs. them" mindset in respect to the "real men vs. the metrosexuals"...We're all just guys trying to better ourselves, how we choose to dress and take care of ourselves shouldn't be such a divisive issue...
This comment is what i was missing in my argument. I guess only YOU can know wether or not you are taking it to far. Only you can tell on a personal level when its becoming overly insecure.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
I'm only going to say this once...

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "METROSEXUAL".

"Metrosexual" was some word that a newspaper coined because the war in Iraq wasn't really jumping yet and they needed some "filler". "Straight guys who act gay" didn't work. Neither did "wussies" or "particularly sensitive males".

So they made up the word "metrosexual" because most of these guys happened to be part of some urban cultural life. (Where the hell did they do their research? San Fransisco?)

There are homosexuals, heterosexuals, bisexuals, and transsexuals. "Metrosexual" literally means someone who is sexually attracted to a city, or the people in it. And given that the majority of people in cities are straight, it's a stupid term made by a stupid paper.

And it discusses me that the term even gets so much play on a forum like this. :rolleyes:
This is incorrect. Where did you get this?

The term metrosexual was coined in 1994 by a man named Mark Simpson. The magazines and newspapers later picked it up from him.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use facial masks but I wouldn't wear makeup.
Isn't it the same sh!t lol? I'm sorry man, but wearing that green sh!t on your face and two slices of cucumbers over your eyes is straight up feminine.

Now I'm gonna get attacked by metors who are gonna try to educate me in how facial masks are different from make up, lol.

How much metro is too metro? If you can tell the difference between facial masks and make up, you're too f*cking metro.

Brad324

Don Juan
Reaction score
I notice an interesting trend in guys. When observing other guys that are successful with chicks, they will either 1) Copy that person or 2) Plot against him. Usually people will make fun of someone else if what THEY are doing to be successful wouldn't adapt to YOUR personality. Why not just accept that different people have different personalities and can use the techniques that are within their range. Me, being more laid back, I could never use "high energy" techniques, where you create this "fun energy" that attracts women like a magnet, but other guys can do this really well. I couldn't ride a harley and wear rough leather clothing - it's just not within my personality. Guys that CAN do this, are probably the same guys who couldn't "beautify" their skin. There's no reason for there to be a rivalry among the 2 personalities - just accept that they are both successful with women. They probably attract different types of women anyways, so you're not so much in direct competition.

hungry_american

Don Juan
Reaction score
to whoever said metrosexuals are insecure of themselves . obviously anyone who makes fun of another person has their own major insecurties

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
If you can tell the difference between facial masks and make up, you're too f*cking metro.
What, are you a retard?

Facial masks obviously just make your skin appear better. You take the stuff off before going in public, whereas make-up is to hide imperfections and bring out features on your face. Whats so hard to understand? Whats so bad about making your skin look healthier? If there was a manly way to do it, you'd do it too, homo. :)