Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

On "Looks" - AGAIN!!!

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MrCode
I think too many guys confuse physical looks with body language and *presentation*.

This is gold. How about we add another OFFICIAL word to the Sosuve.com Lexicon?

Replace "look" with "presentation".

Presentation" is broken down into four parts:

1. Style (your wardrobe and most importantly - how it refects your personality)
2. Physical Looks (face, build, height)
3. Personality, or more accuately the demonstration of.
4. Body Language

Skweints

Don Juan
Reaction score
I second that! Couldn't think of any other way to break it down any further... I think you smacked the nail on the head with that one.

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JAKETHASNAKE

I am with you 100% but would you mind if I added a fifth dimension to Looks/Presentation. We could call it soul or mindset. I know it isn't physically ******dly visible but it permeates everything you mention here.

I have been reading up a little on metaphysics, it gives a broader base of knowledge than "self help" books, I never read self help books. Anyway, your outer being WILL reflect your internal being.

So, I think your post is brilliant but I would just add that fifth thing.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't that fifth suggestion what we refer to as "Inner Game?"

Great list BTW.

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks and personality are both important but looks is a bit more important. Good looks is associated with good personality. So when a girl sees a hot guy, she'll assume he has a good persoanlity also, and she'll be attracted to him. On the other hand, if u don't have good locks, she'll won't assume u have a good personality. Thus u would have to approach like mug and show them your personality. Unfortunately it is not an easy thing to approach when a chick is not showing interest because her impression of u is superficial. Life is hard for us average and UGs.

IMO, people who keep on asking about whetter or not looks is important are in denial. They know looks is important but just won't except it because it is the one thing that they can't easily change like a personality. They rather beleive that personality is more important because they can change it more easily.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by david90
Looks and personality are both important but looks is a bit more important. Good looks is associated with good personality. So when a girl sees a hot guy, she'll assume he has a good persoanlity also, and she'll be attracted to him. On the other hand, if u don't have good locks, she'll won't assume u have a good personality. Thus u would have to approach like mug and show them your personality. Unfortunately it is not an easy thing to approach when a chick is not showing interest because her impression of u is superficial. Life is hard for us average and UGs.

IMO, people who keep on asking about whetter or not looks is important are in denial. They know looks is important but just won't except it because it is the one thing that they can't easily change like a personality. They rather beleive that personality is more important because they can change it more easily.

David, stop being stupid and check out what this thread REALLY IS before replying. I put up the "does looks matter?" theme again to get EVERYONE'S attention.

Let's face it - a large chunk of the men here are either a bit unattractive (in the general sense, not just limited to the face - this can usually be fixed if they have a fit body), or very very unconfident. This is why they are always fretting about looks like a bunch of prissy girls. I wanted to take advantage of their girly neuroses so that I could get everyone's attention.

And now that I've gotten some of your attention: this is actually an attempt at making VERY important changes to sosouave, so I hope the admins are taking notice of this thread.

A lot of things about sosuave, esp. it's philosophy, are full of garbage and above all MISLEADING - and we need to make changes and refinements to minimize that. Changing misleading terminology is the most important first step.

Thus my first proposal is to officially dispel the notion of 'looks' as one major defining factor in what makes a man successful. My point is that looks ARE important. But looks is part of the overall presentation, which I've outlined before.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing thats fukked is that everyone thinks you gotta look like Brad Pitt and sh1t and dress like a prettyboy or something...Each person has their ideal look and different girls like different things....If you have that kind of slim figure and a pretty face, you could hit up places like Express and AX and it would work...But if you dont have those features and you look a little more rugged, it wont work, but people on here swear on their lives that if you dont wear those kind of clothes, you wont get any girls...Personally, Im 6'1, 270 pounds and rugged looking, and I got hair on my arms and sh1t...Me and that style dont really mix, so I dont wear those clothes and Im still good, cause I know that that there are girls who like my style...People on here are too narrow minded or they dont get out much or something...

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by david90

Nothing could be further from truth in my opinion.

Many girls look at a good looking guy and prejudge him without giving him a chance. Often they think he is a jerk, dumb, stuck up, arrogant, gay and/or a player and may write him off unless of course they know his personality beforehand.

How many times have you looked at a hot chick and assume that she is a stuck up bytch or a dumb bimbo with a bad personality and in those rare occassions in which you were proven wrong you discovered that she was quite the opposite?

The same occurs with women's perception of us.

Sweetcheeks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good looks needs to be backed up by presentation

I actually have first-hand experience with th importance of presentation, or adopting the right persona.

I'm considered by most of my friends and acquaintances, both male and female, as a good looking guy. I take good care of myself, dress well, and I'm in really good shape.

When I worked at a night club doing security, I dated quite a few girls. Most of them approached me, based on appearances and I guess the status I had as security. I had mixed results with them, to tell you the truth. When I started following the concepts presented here, the pieces of the puzzle began to fall into place.

With the extra hot girls, I tended to be more accomodating. With the ones I didn't care as much for, I'd be more indifferent and bust on them more. Funny enough, being accomodating actually cost me the girl in just about every case, while indifference and ****iness actually put me in the awkward position of having to "beat the dogs off with a stick", so to speak.

One particular case was very illuminating to me. One of the girls I went out with was a real b*tch, and didn't bother filtering her thoughts before they came out of her mouth. She actually told me

"You know, you're hot, but I really liked you because you were ****y. But now I know you're really a nice guy. You're too nice for me, you're more like a brother."

So there you have it.

Reaction score
OMG, I am in love with that girl from that one sentence:

"You know, you're hot, but I really liked you because you were ****y. But now I know you're really a nice guy. You're too nice for me, you're more like a brother."

You really lost out on a quality girl there...She sounds so dreamy.

BLUEox117

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheInfamousCBear
Another thing thats fukked is that everyone thinks you gotta look like Brad Pitt and sh1t and dress like a prettyboy or something...Each person has their ideal look and different girls like different things....If you have that kind of slim figure and a pretty face, you could hit up places like Express and AX and it would work...But if you dont have those features and you look a little more rugged, it wont work, but people on here swear on their lives that if you dont wear those kind of clothes, you wont get any girls...Personally, Im 6'1, 270 pounds and rugged looking, and I got hair on my arms and sh1t...Me and that style dont really mix, so I dont wear those clothes and Im still good, cause I know that that there are girls who like my style...People on here are too narrow minded or they dont get out much or something...
270 at 6'1 ?
how old are you?

Sweetcheeks

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, here's some more on "that girl"

Well, just so you know, happiness, here's the 411:

-I found out she was 15 at the time (she looked 25), so I nipped it off at the bud ASAP.

-She dropped out of school during grade 9

-She's got drug abuse issues (her mom's a junkie).

-She's violent and/or suicidal, depending on the phases of the moon

- She's put on 20 pounds in the past couple of years

-She now looks 40 (hard drinking, drugs and late nights). Life as a club ho doesn't do a body good.

How do I know this? My best friend has drug abuse issues, too, and they do drugs together (he's 30 years old)

Maybe you should consider a new dream girl . I, for one, am glad to have her out of my life.
:)

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't clog up this thread with your shady girlfriend stories.

Reaction score
Jake, I like your "presentation" perspective - why not write a thread expanding on this more emcompassing characteristic and convince us of its' validity - only then will it be impactful enough to be "bible" worthy!! Not to say that everything in the DJ Bible is "worthy"