"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

On being friends with chicks

becker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
4
jdr120 has a good point. A friendship with a girl is usually only going to work out in 2 situations:

1. You're not interested in the girl

2. You're friends, but not really friends, just in that transitional stage before things get serious between you two.

That's really it.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

chili kat

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
149
Reaction score
1
I don't believe you need a conditional formula. I've been through it from all these angles, with the exception of LJBF when I really wanted more. I've only done it once when I was 18 or so and I'll never do that again.

The only thing that matters is that you don't try to make sex happen. That's not hard to do when you can get it elsewhere. So I don't see the big deal about it.

Like KC said, there are quite a few advantages to it, so giving up sex with these few chosen ladies isn't going to kill anyone.
And as far as the "emotional tampon" talk goes, I have not really experienced this in these types of friendships AT ALL. Conversations aren't usually that much different from those I have with regular friends. Soemtimes they can be just as raunchy.

Besides, I'll avoid a chump friend for the same whiney tampon behavior. It's not just a woman/friend thing.
 
Top