Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Older guys, how has the making friends and having a social life thing worked out for you?

Reaction score
I know we talk a lot about seduction and going after women but after a while, I've realized that I really just want a core group of friends. My college friends are all over the place and a few have gotten married. I still have a few friends I hang out with but I want to expand my social circle a little as well.

Older bachelors, how has the social life and making friends thing working out for you? Any advice?

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to meeting new people through hobbies you enjoy doing yourself. I've meet some cool guys playing hockey. The majority are married with kids, or like me divorced and just looking to get out of the house and blow some steam off.

I'm more of an ambivert so I don't thrive off social settings. I tend to be a lone wolf at times and enjoy that just as much.

There are groups/clubs for everything, you name it there are people out there that enjoy doing it and looking to meet new people.

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great...
I am as social as I want to be. I have good friends and can still make new ones.
The trick is being open to new experiences. The real test of friendships was when my marriage ended. I learned who my real friends were.
If you want to keep on making friends and being social add value to whatever you are involved in, even if all you are bringing is a sense of humor and a positive attitude. Keep on tryingnew stuff.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Making friends for me has always been easy. Finding really good ones I can trust with my life, that is very difficult. I like to hang out with friends and often do but it's not at the top of my priority list. It falls right about below my kid, my jobs, my self improvement, my dog, and my house. Somewhere below there. I have had many many friends I thought would give me 3 of their 4 limbs and the shirt off their back if I ever was in a crisis and needed it. When I went through a crisis a few years ago I found out just how wrong that was. I also have a handful of friends whos wives don't let them hang around me because I am a "bad influence". In other words, I am too red pill and they don't want their hubbies to catch it from me.

Reaction score
Making friends for me has always been easy. Finding really good ones I can trust with my life, that is very difficult. I like to hang out with friends and often do but it's not at the top of my priority list. It falls right about below my kid, my jobs, my self improvement, my dog, and my house. Somewhere below there. I have had many many friends I thought would give me 3 of their 4 limbs and the shirt off their back if I ever was in a crisis and needed it. When I went through a crisis a few years ago I found out just how wrong that was. I also have a handful of friends whos wives don't let them hang around me because I am a "bad influence". In other words, I am too red pill and they don't want their hubbies to catch it from me.
I am so not getting married.....

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
My friends are the same guys ive ran with since age 15, half my life basically. ive made some new friends along the way in my 20's but i find it difficult to trust people unless ive known them a long time and with how life is you just dont build those powerful brotherhood bonds in adult life where its a shark eat shark world for the most part. especially as you get older as people get more jaded on life and attain more baggage.

also depends where you are regionally and what you do occupationally. A guy in a military infantry unit will make good friends where as a IT guy working from home probably wont. but at the end of the day i guess it just comes down to the individual

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter how many friends you think you have you only really have a few good ones who would have your back look after them

PantyWhisperer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Single or married it's definitely harder to make new male friends when you are older.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dead easy...

Just be friendly, and remember names... it goes a LONG way!

It was hard at first, but when results came quickly, I got super motivated.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also have a handful of friends whos wives don't let them hang around me because I am a "bad influence". In other words, I am too red pill and they don't want their hubbies to catch it from me.
Sounds like the ladies (I want to say feminazis) run the show in this case. I detect codependency. It's way to common. My dad was one of those guys, and probably still is. Growing up, I've been influence by this, and am still deprogramming things he's said that supported his blue pill world view. It's all pussiified pandering and supplicating with no backbone whatsoever. I'm sure when my mom dies, he'll have to wake up to reality. These guys act tough and in charge, but that's all it is, an act.

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This advice is also for new transplants.

1. Try meetup.com I met lots of friends and girls. However, I mostly use meetup to meet women.
2. If you play any sport or have a hobby go to those places using meetup or any website.
3. Try taking classes cooking, dance, language etc.
4. Work, many friends are made through work.
5. This website: if you live in Austin I'll be your friend.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dead easy...

Just be friendly, and remember names... it goes a LONG way!
To that you can add a simple trick. Always associate ''something'' to that persons name. I noticed my managers and supervisors do this. Hey X, how it Y going for you. You find out about the Y during your initial meet up for example and then associate it with that person. It becomes a nice hook.

Easy for you to remember and really effective since the other person feels valued that you remembered something unique about them.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To that you can add a simple trick. Always associate ''something'' to that persons name. I noticed my managers and supervisors do this. Hey X, how it Y going for you. You find out about the Y during your initial meet up for example and then associate it with that person. It becomes a nice hook.

Easy for you to remember and really effective since the other person feels valued that you remembered something unique about them.
I guess I depends on how your memory works... If I say their name at least three times, I'll remember. Also, people feel valued that I just remembered their names. Most these people I meet are retail workers so Y is the same thing different day for them. Not hard to remember.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the industry I guess, I agree everyone likes their name remembered, but if you remember some detail about them they feel a connection and value you as well.