Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Older Dads

Jay Gatsby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting article from ABC News on men who wait until their 40s or even 50s to have kids.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/living/US/older_dads_040915_csm.html

Here are a couple of notable excerpts:

But that news doesn't seem to be deterring American dads. While the majority of children continue to be born to men who are 20 to 34, a December 2003 National Vital Statistics Report indicates that birthrates among fathers age 35 to 49 increased slightly from 2001 to 2002, and are up fairly significantly over the past two decades. Between 1980 and 2002, the rate of births among men age 40 to 44 went up 32 percent, and up 21 percent for those age 45 to 49. For men 50 to 54, the growth was 9 percent.

In some cases, men are having children later because they are still looking for the right partner. George Greenfield, a literary manager in Montclair, N.J., was married for the first time in 2001 at age 53, after having been in several long-term relationships. He and his wife — who is 13 years his junior — had their first child when Greenfield was 54.

"It was definitely a priority for me," he says of his desire to find someone to start a family with. "I ... got out of possible relationships because somebody didn't want to have children over time."

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had three kids when I was 24, 27 and 29.

How anybody who is over 45 can put up with small children is beyond me... it is exhausting and definitely something for a young man.

Here is the bottom line: Older people who have children (and some younger ones too) and doing it for selfish reason. THEY want a child, so they have it. What happens to the child who is 15 when they die at age 70 is of no concern to them

Fools

DIetzcoi

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Originally posted by dietzcoi
and doing it for selfish reason. THEY want a child, so they have it. What happens to the child who is 15 when they die at age 70 is of no concern to them
Doing it for selfish motivations is the BEST reason to do it; because these children are wanted. So what if you die on or around your kid's 20th birthday? Most of history parents didn't live very long into a child's life, only in the last century did life spans start hitting 70+.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm siding with Dietzcoi on this one. You should have kids when you're in your late twenties to mid-thirties. You can't teach your son to be a DJ when you're dead.

DJoystick DJango

Don Juan
Reaction score
Embracing ones mortality.

In the natural human order, a man would continue fertilizing females until he died or got physically incapacitated. When the female no longer could produce ofspring, or the male had resources enough to provide for an extra wife, he would take a new one, young and fresh (and add to the harem).

There was a time you could trust the widow (and society) to raise your boys as MEN. Nowadays you just got to make sure before hand that she shares your values regarding the upbringing of boys to real men. As an insurance of this, choose the childs godfather wisely - cause that is one of his obligations!

Originally posted by WaterTiger
... You should have kids when you're in your late twenties to mid-thirties. You can't teach your son to be a DJ when you're dead.

Actually, you can in a way. Make sure you kinds inherit your detailed journals (where as we all know one ought to keep a record of all ones ideas, thoughts and actions).

What happens if you died (got killed) at the age of 40 ? - same sh*t. Your 15year old will be stuck just the same as the 70 yo's kid.

Are you suggesting orphans cant become good DJs ?

If you got a kid(s) write them a personal letter every last day in every month. - Keep those letters together with your last will and testament. That WILL be the greatest legacy you can leave behind.

If you've just caught, even the slightest glimse, of the implication this could have on your childrens lives after you are dead - Heck - start today. START RIGHT NOW !

Its a pity so few have adressed their mortality.

-JJ

-----------
I am immortal, well almost. I'll live to be 200 years old ...
... or die trying.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well my dad had me when he was 42 with my mother being 32. He said he would recommend it to anyone.

I suppose their are advantages and disadvantages.

Being at an advanced stage in his career he was making good money therefore I had a pretty cushy lifestyle: private school, big home, cool holidays.

But the disadvantage was he was older and more serious and I cannot remember him really playing with me as a kid. He was always too busy with business and stuff. He is also not cool in the same way some kids' parent are.

As far as the DJ thing goes I don't see the argument. Surely men become better DJs with age. I mean my dad played the field for around 20 years before marrying my mother-I am sure he could have taught me some good stuff had he wanted to. Besides what kind of father says "Come on son lets pound the streets together and pick up some HB10s!"