Old Time Hero Back With a Sweet Tip

REd-xL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's been over a year since I last posted anything, but here goes....

When you're in a party/club/socialite atmosphere, and you've started talking to a girl, and things are going well, ask her if she wants to chill outside to get some fresh air. If she digs you, she'll go outside with you. I've pulled this off at parties, clubs, and even at a prom, and I have never failed with a girl who bothered to come outside with me.

Here's a thing, though: don't ask a girl to come outside with you if you haven't already asked her to dance. Dancing is important.

When asking a girl to dance: Don't "ask". Do one of the following:

1. After you make eye contact and smile, and if it's reciprocated, just grab her hand (or put your arm around her waist) and lead her to the dance floor. Then introduce yourself once you're in each others' face.

2. Say, "Hi, I'm ______. Let's dance," with a quick nod of your head towards the dance floor. If she says no, just stay nonchalant like it's her loss and move on.

If she's already on the dance floor: make sure to make eye contact first. Then go in for the kill.

What if she's already dancing with a guy? It depends on the environment, but chances are, she's dancing with someone she knows as much as you, so go in anyway. Show the guy up.

I might come back for more sporadic tips in the future....

Rx

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by REd-xL
When asking a girl to dance: Don't "ask". Do one of the following:

The ladies love it when you have your way with them on the dance floor. I like to walk up to women and just start grinding them or if they're off the dance floor, I'll grab them and say "Come dance" while I drag them to the dance floor.

copeland

Don Juan
Reaction score
What’s up with you and your don’t “ask” policy? It’s getting old don’t you think? Don’t ask this, don’t ask that. Sheesh, there’s no problem with “asking” her to dance. A casual, “Hey you want to go dance” or “hey let’s go dance” is a hundred times better than what you advise to do which is a creepy “just grab her hand (or put your arm around her waist) and lead her to the dance floor.” No wonder you can’t get girls. Come with a better tip next time.

REd-xL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What’s up with you and your don’t “ask” policy? -copeland

Ask was placed in parantheses for a reason. Here, let me dumb it down for you....when asked in an AFC way, you'll get nowhere: "Uhhhh, pardon me, miss....*tap, tap*....may I, uh, have this dance?" No, you've got to be assertive from the get-go. And there's nothing wrong with asking her, as long as you're straight-up, but the most effective strategy is to always let your body do the talking.

And you forgot to include the best ingredient: "After you make eye contact and smile, and if it's reciprocated." Apparently you're not too versed in the field if you overlook something that dramatic.

It's alright, champ. I'll root for ya.

Rx

copeland

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn’t overlook the importance of eye contact and other non-verbal signals. I took their importance as a given. Knowing things like that are common sense, not a measure of how ‘versed’ someone is. :rolleyes:

My point is that you should at least chat with the girl for a brief moment before pulling her away to dance with you. Don’t just go up to her and delude yourself into thinking that “your body will do the talking”. Give it up. You exposed yourself as a fake. Maybe you’ll “make up” something better next time, champ.

REd-xL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn’t overlook the importance of eye contact and other non-verbal signals --copeland

Uhhh, yeah you did. You quoted me out of context and took it to mean that you "just grab a girl", ignoring the whole rapport-building.

You ever tried to chat with a girl at a party or a club? The music is blaring, not to mention how she is probably drunk, so communicating is a chore in itself. The only way you can talk to her is to get right in her face or ear, and getting on the dance floor (or leaving to chill outside) is how you establish that closeness or (getting away from all the noise).

I'm still rootin for ya.

But please, keep it comin, I'm here to help ya.

Rx

extravaganza

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kinda funny how copeland says red-xl exposed himself as a fake. Since red-xl has written alott of tips that I rate among my favorites. Well I'll stop praising red-xl's articles now before I get accused of worshipping him:D

But If you frequent clubs where the music is loud and banging you'll know red's tip is one which will work. Just as long as you keep on persuying aggresively. ONE timid or shy move and this tactic will fail. That's my experience.

copeland

Don Juan
Reaction score
“The only way you can talk to her is to get right in her face or ear, and getting on the dance floor (or leaving to chill outside) is how you establish that closeness or (getting away from all the noise).”

Yes you got something right. The only way to talk to her when music is blaring is in her ear. BUT, you don’t have to be ON the dance floor to do it. Outside yeah, but you’ll also have to talk with her first (in the club).

And get off the subject of non-verbal attraction signals, that’s basic stuff. The tip I gave you was to conversate for a moment (even if for 10 seconds), before “asking” her to dance. And there are parenthesis around that word for a reason. See how stupid that rule is when you try to apply it to every little thing you do. Hope I’ve been of help.

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's an okay tip. I only go clubbing a few times a year, but when I do, I hate wasting valuable time on chit-chatting in that terribly noisy environment (I can do that everywhere).

Anyway... how's that book of yours coming? (Or am I mixing you with someone else?)

REd-xL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've passed on the idea for the time being....I'm focusing on things one step at a time, and right now that focus is on getting into Law School.

I just turned 21 a couple months ago, so I should have a plethora of material on the bar scene coming up, but just about every girl I meet seems desperate or pathetic at the bars. Maybe it's Davis, or maybe I've chosen bad nights. But either way, the pursuit of pu$$y has receded in terms of what I deem salient in my life.

~Jerome

terminator911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome back

REd-xL
Nice to see another master back... I came back a few days ago and already more senior members are back! Welcome back fella.