Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Okcupid success to failure

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on okc for close to a year now and never really used it till this past month. Last week I was getting a ton of responses and numbers and dates.

All of a sudden it's all stopped. Not one response in the last few days. Nothing has changed in terms of pics/profile and I was sending the same message to every girl.

Does anyone know if okc blocks you from receiving messages if you copy/paste to a certain number of girls? Only thing I can think of.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I will say this! I get around in my town. I know, run into almost every single working female within a 40 miles radius over the years. I remember a face most of the time. The college girls who ship in and ship out of this town rolling over every 4 years changes faces, but the girls who actually Live here year-round, I would remember if I saw a picture online (and I have seen some on POF). On OKCupid, however, I've NEVER seen a woman on there that I've seen (a face) in person in my area. Makes me thinks that OKCupid has a Lot fake profiles, and thus a lot of fake pics. I could be wrong. Just a hunch, as I have never ever ever ever seen a girl I know or have seen locally on there.

Last edited:

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, I've had some weird vibes from OKC occasionally, and I'm an old hand at the online stuff. In my part of the world at least, the site isn't a target for scamming. No, what I tend to find is that conversations (e-mails) will stop for no apparent reason - and I credit myself with being a good read of these things. I suspect it comes down to simple ****blocking - girls passing info around via the forums hosted on site.

While PoF has a monopoly on single mothers and would-be cougars, OKC tends to be a dumping ground for hipsters, academics, and feminists who fail at real-life and real-jobs. Not particularly relevant, I just wanted to get a parting shot in:)

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been on OkStupid, but I was on match and pof for 2-3yrs and noticed there were peak times and off peak times. Seems like there were lots of girls looking for guys right before the holidays and then before Valentines Day. Also spring time was pretty active. June-September were usually the slowest months for me. Perhaps that is what you are experiencing.

I'd definitely be changing my pictures out from time to time.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tryst it does have its ups and downs.

I've dated quite a few decent women on OKC over the last 3 years.

What I've found recently is an almost immediate reply to my msg to them, which is usually a rare thing.

Then at the 3 to 4th message I send, where I talk about meeting up some time, they disappear never to be heard from. Those I chalk up to being there for the attention possibly.

It's like rolling dice though over all. And when it rains it pours. I got two messages last night out of the blue from women I've never spoken to. One of them meets my looks/interests criteria thankfully. So I'll see how that goes.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Online is generally bustlin' in early spring and late summer where I am. Otherwise it's completely random. I've been doing it for 10 years and have been on OKC for about 5. The women on OKC are hotter than POF but they're usually self-centered hipsters whom I can't stand.

You can't look at one month or a few weeks and point to a trend. Once you've done it for a decade you can see some trends, though I imagine after 20 years of doing it you'd be able to really get an idea.

AFAIK no they won't block you from receiving messages for sending too many messages. POF only allows you to send 40 new messages a day.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely has its ups and downs. I've had some sporadic success on OKC the past several years, but I have become disillusioned with the online dating scene since I always find the return to be not worth the investment - Im far more successful gaming chicks in real life, not wasting time sending mass messages most of which wont be replied to. The online environment favors women and unless you stand out in a very significant way (tall, six pack, or high income) its not worth it IMO.

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so I think I know what's going on.

I did a test where I resent the same message to the same women a day or two later.

Most responded and hadn't even mentioned they've received it before or that I'm copying/pasting.

This can only mean one thing, the vast number of messages they must be getting by other guys leaves mine to be unseen. Probably even deleted without being read. Basically it comes down to timing. Which isn't so great because a follow up message with contact info exchange could also be lost if not read in time. Definitely a huge numbers/timing game.