Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

oily skin

ReD MaFiA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
everytime i go out for more than 3-4 hours my skin begins to look very shiny and oily, even if i'm just sitting in a diner doing nothing. i started having oily skin when i was about 15-16, now i'm almost 18 and its getting very annoying.
anyone else got that problem? if you do what you use to fix it?
any advice is appreciated.

P.S. i smoke and all my friends smoke..could that be a factor?

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
um...try drinking a lot of water. Then maybe if you're out or somewhere you could splash water on your face or sumthin then dry it.

ReD MaFiA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronny_Neumonic II
um...try drinking a lot of water. Then maybe if you're out or somewhere you could splash water on your face or sumthin then dry it.
washing face too often makes it even worse, cause skin feels too dry and produces even more oil, and i cant do it when i'm in a car or some place w/o a bathroom.

i will try drinking more water.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
stop eating sweet, chocolaty foods, and stop eating greesy ****...drink water and it could also be puberty.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with your diet. It's puberty.

Wash your face with a gentle cleanser, maybe even regular soap. Then after every shower, apply lotion to your face. If your face is moisturized with lotion, it won't make oil. Oil causes breakouts, but lotion doesn't. Lotion won't make your face look shiny after it dries either.

DonJohn83

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its got NOTHING to do with diet.

Im 20 and up until about a month ago, i had the same problem. Shiny skin all the time, no matter how much i washed.

The answer?
Roaccutane/Accutane.

I've had mild acne for years, and saw a dermotologist about it.
He put me on the stuff and within a couple of weeks, my skin is all dried out. This in turn, cures acne.

You see, the way Roaccutane works is by cutting down oil production in the sebacious glands in the skin. Im now having to moisturise twice a day!

But no more oily skin, and no more acne. 2 birds 1 stone baby.

Roaccutane has had alot of bad media, but alot of it is just hype.
People should read up on the FACTS before making a decision to take roaccutane or not. Sure, its hard on the liver, but the doctor will MONITOR your blood and liver to make sure that you aren't adversely affected.

Just my .02

DonJohn83

Dognuts

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, take a little baking soda, put it in your hand with a little warm water and scrub lightly with your hand-that sh!t works miracles!(Thanks Tamales) I used to always have oily skin until I started doing this-this crap sucks that oil right out of your skin. Only thing is you gotta do it once in the morning and once in the evening. There you go, now do it.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJohn83, accutane does not CURE acne. Accutane TREATS acne, but the only cure is growing out of it. Currently there is no other cure.

I also do not suggest that anyone takes accutane unless as a last resort. Antibiotics and a liberal amount of benzoyl peroxide twice a day work just as well for me as accutane and without the numerous side effects.

Dark Nimbus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experience, it has nothing to do with diet or puberty in my case since I'm long past that and still have oily skin. The only thing that has helped me in the past was when I was taking mega doses of vitamin B5 for my light acne. Oily skin and acne go hand in hand so it makes sense that treating one would in turn fix the other.

There is one benefit to all this, people with oily skin tend to look younger and not get as many wrinkles and such. I've never heard of the baking soda thing, but I'll give it a try and see if that helps me.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Accutane can be really dangerous too. IM using neutrogina, and it seems to help.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftkey
DonJohn83, accutane does not CURE acne. Accutane TREATS acne
BS. Accutane permanently changes the way your pores and follicles react to dryness and infection. It shrinks oil glands as well. All effects are permanent.

DonJohn83

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shiftkey,

Have you read up on the facts about accutane?

Obviously not. But if you had, then you'd know that it is the ONLY known cure.

Benzoyl peroxide in many cases does not do much for acne. And it only temporarily alleviates oily skin. It also makes it worse.

Whenever you dry out your skin by washing your face or using drying-out products like benzoyl peroxide, your skin naturally reacts by producing MORE oil to combat the dryness. Ask your dermatologist.

Also about Accutane being dangerous in that it may cause depression etc...

There is no proven link between Accutane and Depression. If there was, you think they'd be allowed to sell the stuff?

If you take a sample of teenagers who eat white bread, you will find that a similar ratio suffer depression too. SO STAY AWAY FROM THAT WHITE BREAD PEOPLE, ITS DANGEROUS.

Its all media hype, IMO. However, i do believe that accutane should be used as a last resort only. I've tried EVERYTHING else, but no luck. Accutane is a miracle drug.

You guys probably think i'm on the pharmaceutical company's payroll don't u? LOL.

Later,
DonJohn83

ReD MaFiA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok, we got a lil OT, but **** it....so if Accutane CURES acne, then why some people get it again in a few month/years after they stopped taking it?(i know few people myself).
the way i understand it, theres no CURE for acne, just ongoing treatment which keeps working maybe few years after you finished taking it, then oil glands return to normal size and you break out again.
i dunno...SOME people are 100% clear after course of accutane even few years after, must be few of the lucky ones.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to Giant/Wal-Mart/where ever and pick up some "Clean & Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets." I use them when I start to look shiny and it helps...although I tend to turn the sheets clear. :p

DonJohn83

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people need 1 or 2 additional cycles to completely cure it.
The percentage is very low tho.

DonJohn83

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
accutane doesn't CURE acne. As has been said, it treats it. I had annoying acne - not bad, just annoying. I took it for like 2 months ending this time last year.

Your face wont be oily at all for maybe the next 6 months after taking it, but after a year or so some of it should return. I'm probably 15-20% as oily as I used to be before I took it. After 2-3 years though it will start wearing off, just people with hormonal acne should be through with it by the time the medicine wears off.

It is a serious medication though, and I hear that like 80% of people or sumthin like that need chapstick for the next few years after taking it because of the drop in facial oil levels.