Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Oil Spill in the Gulf

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is happening here in the Gulf of Mexico is imo a travesty on so many levels. I think this could turn out to be the worst disaster in US history. The amount of oil coming out of this demolished oil rig is unbelievable, and they can't stop it!

First, you have the enviornment and wildlife damage that this is going to do. I cannot even begin to imagine how many creatures are going to die because of this. Makes me so sad. Then, much of our fishing and crabbing industry is located in the Gulf, and you have millions of people reliant upon fishing to make a living. Their livelihoods could be wrecked....for along time and possibly the rest of their lives. Billions of dollars are created from fishing down there.....gone. Not to mention the tourism industry in FLA could be demolished. Once this oil gets in the Gulf Stream it's going to go right up and around FLA and up the east coast. Beaches could be ruined for many many years all over FLA, in the Carolina's, Easter Seaboard, etc. Who is going to want to go to a beach where oil is everywhere?

And I cannot get over the arrogance of BP, the oil company at fault here. Their reaction time to this disaster has been so slow, and they have continually downplayed the extent of oil that is leaking. Not to mention the govt. Seems as if, if something isnt terrorist related, then it must not be that big of a deal, because their response time has been lackluster to say the least.

And what about the simple concept of having some sort of shut off valve down on the ocean floor? Seems like common sense that if something were to happen at the surface with these rigs, you would want to have some sort of emergency shut off valve down on the ocean floor to stop the flow. How stupid are these people not to have planned for this?

It's just a tremendous shame with what's about to happen here. I am really thinking of flying over there and seeing what I can do to help.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
we want our oil, and oil is harder to get than it was 30 years ago. These are the measures company take, and now we see the risk. These are 5 mile wells we are digging here, but I don't see anyone getting off their internet, or not driving their cars in protest of oil.

its tragic, but we all support oil in one way or another. We won't give it up any time soon. While this will be a HUGE case against offshore drilling, it will end at "talk" since we are too much in love with our cheap easy energy!

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If anything this may have a negative effect on any plan to drill for oil domestically, and depend less on foreign oil.

I don't want to bring politics into it, but this has got to hurt Obama's plan for more domestic offshore drilling.

So far though, as far as spilled volume, this is nowhere near as bad as the Exxon Valdiz(sp?).

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there is a shut off valve, it failed to trigger automatically and failed when manually trying to seal it. A mechanism is supposed to kick in that crimps the pipe line shut.

From what I've read it has the potential to reach Exxon Valdez level.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't watch the news so didn't know anything until I read this, thanks for posting

ACLH went up 350% today because they said they might be able to clean it up.

I didn't get in at 50% and now will go kill myself.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anywhere the black gold flows, whether it's in a pipeline or in an ocean, there are opportunities.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It Was The North Koreans

or so says this nutjob:

US Orders Blackout Over North Korean Torpedoing Of Gulf Of Mexico Oil Rig
Submitted by jhalsey on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 07:19
in

* Daily Paul Liberty Forum

May 1, 2010

US Orders Blackout Over North Korean Torpedoing Of Gulf Of Mexico Oil
Rig

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

A grim report circulating in the Kremlin today written by Russia’s
Northern Fleet is reporting that the United States has ordered a
complete media blackout over North Korea’s torpedoing of the giant
Deepwater Horizon oil platform owned by the World’s largest offshore
drilling contractor Transocean that was built and financed by South
Korea’s Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., that has caused great loss of
life, untold billions in economic damage to the South Korean economy,
and an environmental catastrophe to the United States.
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/133339

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ERY was the play of the day! Goes to show how resilient the financial system is. Even in times of eco-terror where the ground beneath that sustains us disappears, there's money to be made in the stock market.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The shutoff valve that failed to function was built by Halliburton, a company involved in frequent scandals, to put it mildly.