Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Official notice to change of DJ Bible thread admission policy

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the Bible is due for some new articles / removal of old ones that were never good.

For this reason, I am opening up my pm box to suggestions, not on structure, but on content. Due to time constraints recently, I have NOT checked the forums for excellent articles, but that does not mean new articles cannot be added.

There are two ways to suggest an addition or retraction.

1) Private message me.

2) Respond to this monitored thread.

The rules are as follows:

1) To suggest an ADDITION:

Note the title, original author, and sessionless URL of the article in question. Giving a reason is optional. Debate will be taken into account.

2) To suggest a SUBTRACTION:

Same as above, but a reason must be specified. Some articles of tradition will never be removed.

Note that a suggestion may not provision an actual result - posting an idea for an article addition or subtraction is no guarantee of it happening.

Also, I am not the DJ Judge of All. I have a very good working knowledge of DJ concepts and principles but am not perfect. For this reason, I will take into account debate. I am also less likely to admit a badly spelled article or one that has very poor grammar.

I am also willing to take on additional DJ Bible moderators with an (at least extremely basic) understanding of how to code.

Nick

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like a large majority of the 5 star posts in the tips forum and think they'd be a good start for all new users.

If you want them narrowed down to just a handful, or few per category, maybe put them up for nomination and get a vote going. Like a SoSuave Oscars ceremony. :)

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ohhh god. For months people are wining about the bible being out of date. YOU GOT THE CHANCE NOW, get off your lazy azz and start reading the bible/tips section and start nominating threds. What do you want, for the guy to do it all for you???

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Edit: Deleted orginal post.

(A mod should ANNOUNCE this thread)

Edit 2: I code php, I'm up for becoming a moderator.

Edit 3: heck with it, I'll post my pm.
The main thing about the bible that makes it really bad...is the unsortedness.

For example, 'Get A Boost' has articles about everything. The entire bible is like that and that's what I hate.

It should be sorted a lot more...specifically. For example, if a few topics deal with the nice guy vs jerk theories...well put em together under a revelent title. For conversational tips, put them as such. For the articles that talk about multiple things, make a section lablled DJ Essays and place them under with a title that explains the direct revelence of it (not the poster's title).

Also, you REALLY need a newbie section. I've personally uploaded 2 articles that DON"T go into the details about pickups or the whatnot. It takes a pure newbie and it introduces them to the forum enviroment, the theory of a Don Juan and gives them some insight to life. It then ends and kicks them off into the world to find what works. It's a two part series and I would be most honoured to see it appear as one of the first newbie articles to read :D.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89975
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89976

----

What also would be nice, is a Tipbit section. But these aren't some long winded essays about how to do something that's been mentioned. No! Tipbits should be a few paragraphs long at most stating something!

I'm open as well to your opinion on said ideas.

Reply back ^^,
Docs.

Swoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Silquee Smoove

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Docs
Also, you REALLY need a newbie section. I've personally uploaded 2 articles that DON"T go into the details about pickups or the whatnot. It takes a pure newbie and it introduces them to the forum enviroment, the theory of a Don Juan and gives them some insight to life. It then ends and kicks them off into the world to find what works. It's a two part series and I would be most honoured to see it appear as one of the first newbie articles to read .
Good idea, Docs, and one that should be based on post count.

We have "Don Juan", "Senior Don Juan" and "Master Don Juan". It's only a title but why is it automatic?

Where is the newbie title? I see it like the concept of Respect - "it's earned, not given", with respect to certain situations you have people who will register to flamebait, people who register and then think this forum is quasi-homo for discussing woman problems (I can't argue that it isn't like that sometimes) all the time, and then there are people who are just plain bored to begin with and complain.

You have those who submit field reports, those belong in the discussion forum, instead of the lengthy complaining and grievances threads that are seen now.

You start out with a newly registered person in a "newbie/rookie" forum (the mods of that forum would also scan and check each post to make sure it's not a bunch of nonsense/smiley-filled posts with one or two words, that start racking up the poster's post count) and when his posts reach a certain post count, then he gets full access to the main discussion forum and can contribute.

What a lot of these new guys need is a mentor, that, and you have to take into account they are human and want "instant gratification", after all who wants to look for the answer when you can just ask for it?

This is another reason why I believe that the "test" idea that has been passed around will never work, why do the work and actually learn something if all you have to do is ask for it? Circle complete.

(If you've made it this far down, good for you, most people on here see a post this big and scan it for a second and then it's on to the next thread)

Good luck with the "new" DJB, Nick Hill, my nominations for the Bible are 4 and 5 star threads by:
Anti-Dump
Pook
Wyldfire (don't "heel" me on this people, having a little bit of balance is o.k.)
Krassus
Red-xL
Eternal
Vassago
Krynnster (very good tips for me at the beginning)
xblitz44x

If I think of anymore posters or threads I'll post them here.

Swoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Silquee Smoove

You start out with a newly registered person in a "newbie/rookie" forum (the mods of that forum would also scan and check each post to make sure it's not a bunch of nonsense/smiley-filled posts with one or two words, that start racking up the poster's post count) and when his posts reach a certain post count, then he gets full access to the main discussion forum and can contribute.

I have suggested something of that nature. And other named posters couldn't see the vision in that and dismiss it saying this forum is already the newbie forum why make anothe one. Anyways, I like your version of it better than mine. Graduating to the DJ forum would be an excellent solution to improve this forum and site.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
TO lock out all of the newbies...is easy for a mod to do.

But controlling the mess of all the forums into less forums..just so much more crap.

I like the idea of being GIVEN the access to the discussion area, as compared to the current gimme. It should be read only to gimme people and should be one of the most heavily controlled areas (MODS). THat should keep the flaming and stuff down to a minimum, and should help in the creation of worthwhile content as compared to 'I like her, crap!'

Honestly, int he end, the bible posts have got to be shorted (paraphased if you will). Some of those articles are immensely huge and a pain to read. I would consider html pages when it comes to bible posts, that way..

-------
I'm talking about some crap. SEe convo related..

[Link to some convo here]

Onwards to some other topic
[Long example]
[Convo]
--------

And paraphased, as much as we love to keep the orginal post, it's just too much for a newbie to read all of that.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suggestion for a new rule :

Anyone registered in 2005 should stfu. I don't think the bible should be changed because some n00bs say so.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
haha, ok there. I wonder what would happen if someone earlier then you said everyone from 2001 should stfu, doesn't work that way.

bump.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is noone earlier than me.

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys, contributions taken into account.

Additional note: Now that the DJB is monitored for article performance, those articles that have no or only a single visit after some time are good candidates for removal.

Nick

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Docs
Edit 3: heck with it, I'll post my pm.

I have responded to Docs.

Nick

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The following threads have been removed from the DJB because they appear not to exist any more:

"UPLIFTING EXPERIENCES"

16281: Mental Man - heres something that'll make u think

"ATTITUDE"

16129: terminator911 - Attitude