Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Officer Lefty Is Going Back on the Beat

logicallefty

Reaction score
In 2012 I lost my job as a police officer/Cyber Crime Detective because of false accusations made by a dumb bigamist c\{}/nt.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=214228

I've just been advised that I have been hired on at a different department as a part-time patrol officer. I'll take it! The department isn't as busy as where I worked before but it's much more square miles to cover. Yeah it's part-time but it gets me back in the game.

It's been a very long road rebuilding my life these past 3 years. I went through a lot of he||, hurdles, and hoops. But it all has paid off!

Never give up on proving the facts when you are falsely accused, and never give up on your dreams and goals. Get inspired by Abe Lincoln like I did. That man went through he|| 10x over again before becoming a historic American hero and President.

Keep charging fellas!

logicallefty

Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Hey, congrats man. Your trials and tribulations with the bigamist wh-re are ss legends.

p.s. Try not to be a d!ck tho.
Thank you Sir! I am never a d|ck as a cop. I run my watch like Hodges (played by Robert Duvall) in the movie Colors.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats, man. They must need a good cop so they can do the good cop-bad cop interrogations.

I hope you practice a sensible catch-and-release with low level, non-violent weed smokers. I know everyone has a job to do, but the system is constructed so that you have a great deal of discretion. It's built that way on purpose. That same discretion is given to the prosecuting attorney, and ultimately the judge. The idea is that, for anyone to go to jail, it is supposed to pass the good judgment of three reasonable people. As an officer, you are the first level.

And in case I sound like a big liberal, my other advice is this - if someone ever tries to lay a hand on you, blow their fvcking head off. Anyone who fvcks with a cop deserves to get shot.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, congrats.

What did you do to support yourself for three years after losing your policing job?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations, brother!

Very inspirational, and a good point too about Abe Lincoln's life.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Thank you fellas. Much appreciated..

@Bible, you sum it up well with the three levels of justice. It's just sick that in Illinois we have jurisdictions where all 3 levels are corrupt.. I swear to all, with my right hand up because that's what is required even though I am left handed, I swear I will do an ethical, accountable, respectful, and lawful job in my duties as police officer, so help me God.

@Smoovemoves, I went back to the IT field, what I did before my first watch as a cop. I was only unemployed for a few weeks. Now I am an IT Security and Network Analyst and I make a good chunk of money. Making really great money now, and thats why, being a part-time cop and full-time IT guy isn't such a bad deal. I'm happy with where I am right now..

@Atom Smasher, thank you! Abe Lincoln is a man who all Americans should see past the 5 dollar bill

Lefty

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats! Very inspirational, get out there and thump some skulls! :)

Kidding, sort of. We live in a time where we definitely need more good ethical cops though.

BTW, I was a cop for a short period of time years ago. I know how tough of a job it is, and wasn't for me personally, but a good cop can really make a difference in society, imo.

You should do something to celebrate.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
Congrats! Very inspirational, get out there and thump some skulls! :)

Kidding, sort of. We live in a time where we definitely need more good ethical cops though.

BTW, I was a cop for a short period of time years ago. I know how tough of a job it is, and wasn't for me personally, but a good cop can really make a difference in society, imo.

You should do something to celebrate.
Thank you Sir. The things that some police do these days or attempt to do is complete insanity. I haven't quite pinpointed if cops overall are getting worse, OR, if it's always been this way and more sh|t they do is getting caught because of cell phone cams, etc. My old department only had 2-3 bad cops and the rest were ethical. Other than the Chief who I interviewed with 3 times before getting hired, I only know one other officer at my new dept because we worked together before at my old one. My new department does not yet use body cameras. As soon as I get settled in I am going to see how my new Chief feels about them. I would buy my own with my own money. That's how strongly I feel about police wearing one. The cops that don't want to wear one are the ones to be careful of.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah what is the counter argument for cops not wanting to wear them anyway? I can't think of an legitimate reason why a cop wouldn't want to where one. Especially with this "cop scare" going on.

logicallefty

Reaction score
SmooveMooves said:
Yeah what is the counter argument for cops not wanting to wear them anyway? I can't think of an legitimate reason why a cop wouldn't want to where one. Especially with this "cop scare" going on.
They don't have a legit one. I've head "I don't want to mess with more gear I wear enough already", "They don't protect anything", "The film can be altered so they aren't trustworthy", "They don't work", bla bla, bla. Grumble grumble. But what every cop who doesn't want to wear one is thinking in the back of their mind is "damn it.. now I can't do and say what I want to citizens with no accountability. No more beating people unnecessarily. No more violating peoples' rights. No more being the d|ck I love to be because I was abused as a child and am out to get the world now. No no PLEASE don't make me wear one please please no!"..

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats man!

I plan on being a Sergeant in, or around, my current city and I have to be a Patrol Officer for about five years before I can do that, plus a bachelors. Pulling somebody over is honestly frightening to me though. I don't think I'll be doing much trafficking unless they're just blatantly breaking the law. I'm not going to risk my life because some *sshole doesn't want to get pulled over.

I think it'll be fun since I will have my own unit and can train/move people around. I'm almost definitely going to be getting rid of those bad apples that I'll probably encounter when training new recruits.

The only thing I'll hate is the paperwork in my opinion.

logicallefty

Reaction score
@Frayzer I hope you follow your goal to be a cop if that's what you want to do. You will have to get over your fear of pulling people over though but that will come in time. It's all about training and mental preparation. Start getting in shape now an studying your state's criminal statutes and you will be ahead of the game. A degree in criminal justice is not required but it will also give you an edge especially to land your first job. If you know any police personally start talking with them. It's like most other fields, who you know can also make a difference. I didn't know anyone to land my first job as a cop, I applied just like any other person off the street and got hired. But the job I have now I was refereed by my old Chief. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good to hear your coming back to the job lefty. Front row seat to the greatest show on earth, I'm sure you've missed it.

Frayzer...traffic stops are dangerous. Probably one of the most dangerous aspects of being a cop. You don't know who you're pulling over, what their state of mind is, etc. You've also got to be concerned with the other traffic on the road, it's easy to get hit if a passing driver isn't paying attention or hasn't moved over enough. I've had a few close calls with that, it'll rattle your nerves for sure. But like lefty said, it comes with training and experience.

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats on getting the new job. It can turn into a lot down the line and in 20 years when you retire you'll see this as the start of many great things. Props for not giving up when the present was bleak.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
@Frayzer I hope you follow your goal to be a cop if that's what you want to do. You will have to get over your fear of pulling people over though but that will come in time. It's all about training and mental preparation. Start getting in shape now an studying your state's criminal statutes and you will be ahead of the game. A degree in criminal justice is not required but it will also give you an edge especially to land your first job. If you know any police personally start talking with them. It's like most other fields, who you know can also make a difference. I didn't know anyone to land my first job as a cop, I applied just like any other person off the street and got hired. But the job I have now I was refereed by my old Chief. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Congrats bro,
I believe lack of knowledge on laws cause some cops to go nuts when challenged by civilians. I applaud the way you approach your job. Good luck.

logicallefty

Reaction score
amoka said:
Congrats bro,
I believe lack of knowledge on laws cause some cops to go nuts when challenged by civilians. I applaud the way you approach your job. Good luck.
Thank you Amoka and everyone. I take people's civil/Constitutional rights very seriously. That's all we have left holding America together and I'm not going to be one of these idiot officers partaking in tearing America apart.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and support guys!

And lefty, how has it been so far? I'm still curious on how patrol goes down.

I just got accepted to a local college for an associates in criminal justice. The school focuses 100% on the course and it's free as long as I'm under 22! Plus, I can transfer to a university once I'm done and hopefully get a scholarship for a Bachelors.

It won't be long until I'll be training recruits and all of that, pretty exciting stuff.