Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Odd Chest Pain

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've recently been blasting the weights, I used to do 15 reps [assist mainly with MA as resistance training] but have recently moved from 12, and I'm now considering 9.

A week or so ago, after doing a session of sit ups, I yawned and stretched out my arms... there was a pain in my chest, pretty much where my heart is... it's a slightly sharp stabbing pain. I'm not sure if it's something I've pulled, or if my heart isnt in too good of a shape... Either way, I'm just asking what you guys think as a second oppinion.

It doesnt randomly kick in and become painful, just in certain positions that I'm in. It's got me a little bit worried.

I'll be ringing the doc tomorra and I'll probably end up with an appointment in a week or so. Just want to know what some of you experienced guys think about it

Thanks,
Ben

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do you really think it was from weight lifting? bc one time i bruised my sternum while fighting, so i dont know it might be something having to do from the martial arts.

but the appointment with the doctor is good.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it an extremely sharp and agonizing pain when you breathe in? Does it alleviate when you take a series of short breaths?

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm almost 90% sure it's a slightly torn muscle/bad bruising now... I went for a job earlier, and I was fine... I let my heart get back to the normal rate, did some stretches, and again found the pain the same as before - I'm figuring it should have been worse if it was a heart issue.

Anyone have any ideas/wild guesses at how long this is gonna take to sort out? ... it's been a few days now and my body is screaming for some endorphines :eek:

Thanks,
Ben

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could always get heroine.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha good idea....

anyways when i bruised my sternum it took about 3 weeks for the pain to go away....

jaybeezi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by porky

Is it an extremely sharp and agonizing pain when you breathe in? Does it alleviate when you take a series of short breaths?
Sorry to jack your thread man, but I have been having this happen to me for years, just once in awhile, seems like out of no where. Went to the hospital for it once (I was at work one time when it happened), and they said they werent sure what it was, but to take tylenol and see a doctor if it happens again. Which it has, but I cant afford another hospital trip.

It sounds like u know what it is, let me know.

Thanks.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mine has started to disappear now... upright rows dont pose a problem anymore, which is good because thats what really made it start to hurt.

I've also found that it is linked to smoking [atleast for me]... I used to smoke 20 marlboro reds a day for quite some time, and then I gave up after finding out I had these occasionally twinges in my chest. I've been on and off recently, doing the old social smoking. I need to give that up.

You're not hijacking the thread man, I've got my answer, anyone with any other problem should try and get it sorted out - and why not sort it in an existing thread? :)

wahoyaho

Reaction score
I used to have this a while ago. It would just come on suddenly and I feel this pain in my chest area near my heart, it's there for about 5-10 sec and then disappears. What is it? :\

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jaybeezi
Sorry to jack your thread man, but I have been having this happen to me for years, just once in awhile, seems like out of no where. Went to the hospital for it once (I was at work one time when it happened), and they said they werent sure what it was, but to take tylenol and see a doctor if it happens again. Which it has, but I cant afford another hospital trip.

It sounds like u know what it is, let me know.

Thanks.
Man that made me really sad. I hate to see people not being able to afford a hospital or doctor trip. Thank god for Medical plans!