Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

OCD getting in the way

Maxwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, I've mauled and maimed the AFC in me, but the biggest obstacle to sexual relationships now is that as a result of my OCD I am absolutely terrified of STDs. Those Safe Sex education programs in High School were a little too effective in scaring me away from sex. With prevalence rates of incurable stuff like Herpes so high, and condoms only partially effective, it's a pretty freaky outlook, and it's hampering my success far more heavily than rejections and other AFC stuff ever did.

Has anyone else had this problem?

-=Ice-T=-

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wrap it up and you should be safe MOST of the time.

But the truth is you shouldn't be banging the nasty girls anyway.

Reaction score
Yeah OCD is a b!tch but you just gotta get on with it. You know that if you wear a condom and all that the chances of you getting one is very low so you just gotta ignore that sh!t.

Guoy Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know how you feel. I also got OCD for which I go to a psych. Started going since October 2007, but I got OCD about my whole life. Only the last year it has been worse than ever. My psych thinks it’s gotten worse because of a post traumatic stress disorder. About a year ago I caused a car crash which almost killed my grandmother. Luckily she survived and healed completely, but she had to be in the hospital for about three months. Since then I have a really bad case of OCD. Most of my fears and obsessions are about guilt feelings.

Interesting you started a topic about it, cause I also planned on doing so. My fears are also partly about getting diseases or giving diseases to others. Especially with sex, this is really difficult.

Two years ago I had a one night stand with a girl that didn’t want to use a condom (which already scared the **** out of me, cause what if she does this with all the boys? She must be loaded with STDs!) During foreplay, when I wasn’t wearing a condom, the tip of my penis touched her vagina for a split second. I was sh*tting my pants for weeks and weeks. In my mind I already had tons of diseases. I was calling all kinds of doctors, opening threads on forums, etc. etc. just to figure out what my chances were. After weeks of misery, after I got the test results back, it of course turned out I didn’t had anything.

I’m still scared for it sometimes. When my d*ck or balls have a slightly different color than I thought I remembered having it yesterday, I go to my doctor immediately and she ALWAYS says it is nothing to be scared of. That it’s always my imagination.

I now have a girlfriend for about 8 months. After about half a year I felt confident enough to talk about it with her. She completely understand and she doesn’t mind when I have periods when I want to use a condom and that there are periods when I don’t. Maybe weird, but I’m weird.

But after all these months I didn’t gave her any disease, so the fear for that also fades a bit. Too bad I have enough other OCD subjects.

OCD is a b*tch.

Guoy Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TonyWongButOhSoRite said:
Yeah OCD is a b!tch but you just gotta get on with it. You know that if you wear a condom and all that the chances of you getting one is very low so you just gotta ignore that sh!t.
The problem with OCD is not the 99% chance that you won't get anything. The problem is the 1% uncertainty.

02hero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I suffer with CDO which is the same thing as OCD, just with the letters in alphabetical order, which is how I need them to be. I also used to be a major ACF ;)

Maxwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.
I've broken the obstacles into a series of steps to systematically overcome, and sex is last on the list, because it's easily the hardest; the thought scares me as much as it turns me on.
It sucks because being 19 and a virgin my sex drive is in top gear, and being torn in a tug-of-war between two psychological forces as powerful as lust and OCD panic attacks hurts.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-=Ice-T=- said:
Just wrap it up and you should be safe MOST of the time.

But the truth is you shouldn't be banging the nasty girls anyway.
+1.

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am posting this from an old message of mine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV#Transmission
Receptive penile-vaginal intercourse* 10
(Estimated infections
per 10,000 exposures
to an infected source)

That means if you have sex with someone who has HIV without a condom you would have to have it about 2000 times to get HIV.

Here are the studies if you are interested:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1392708
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11773877
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9663408

Now I'm not encouraging anyone too have sex with HIV infected women but don't buy into propaganda around HIV.

Most of the STDs have the same type of propaganda. If you are using a condom you should not worry.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember, all it takes is one slip, one mistake and you will have that STD for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Good news is, if you hit the jackpot and get AIDS, the rest of your life won't be that long. Cheers!

JDA70

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got OCD and I have never had a problem.
You can't let that crap run your life.
One of the problems with people that have contamination
issues is that thier minds tell them it's every where
and they obsess about it. This stops them from living
a normal life. Avoidance.

What you need to do is put on a condom,
bang some chick and get it over with.

That's pretty blunt I know.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a virgin by choice. I don't really see a problem with it, to be honest with you. I am still sexually satisfied. Although it is pretty normal for people to go at it, I have never really wanted to deal with the possibility of having an STD, getting someone pregnant. I know a girl who had sex with a condom and was on the pill and got pregnant. That's scary.

My philosophy is that until I'm ready to deal with the consequences, I think I'd like to stay a virgin. You're right though, sex ed did scare the crap out me.

That said, I do just fine with women. Even though I lack social skills, many seem to like me quite a bit. It's nice,

Izza

Maxwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost as big a problem is the fact that finding out I have OCD would understandably make almost any prospective partner run a mile.

Of course, hiding the fact can only work until I have a panic attack, and if that happens without her knowing what's going on it could be very awkward and painful. On a larger scale, keeping it a secret from friends and acquaintances means no support network to fall back on if I have another major breakdown, while telling them means my reputation as a sexual leper will procede me.

So should I keep my mouth shut about it and hope nothing sets me off, or divulge this info at a specific point in the process of seduction?