obsession

sportsfan89

Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems that everytime I like a girl, I start to become obsessed with her. I don't like keep calling her or stalking her, but I think about her all the time. For example, I would be trying to do my homework but all I keep thinking about is that girl. I know obsession is a mjor turnoff. Can someone give me some tips on how not to be obsessed?

Thanks

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get more girls.

Remulak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsessing over any one girl isn't healthy, they're usually not worth it and the more you date the more alike they become. Take each one a day at a time and don't get so worked up.

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
sportsfan89 said:
It seems that everytime I like a girl, I start to become obsessed with her. I don't like keep calling her or stalking her, but I think about her all the time. For example, I would be trying to do my homework but all I keep thinking about is that girl. I know obsession is a mjor turnoff. Can someone give me some tips on how not to be obsessed?

Thanks
That's a big problem that I used to have; the best thing to do is get busy.

Find things to do; and work on that confidence. Usually those who lack confidence, cling to one girl because one fears one may not get another chance in a while - it all revolves around that idea.

So, hit the gym - get that confidence up; get a hobby, and excel; etc...

BuryYourDead

Banned
Reaction score
sportsfan89 said:

Thanks
thats normal no worrys it happens to everyone

gravstar

Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with contender, the best way is too do things that take up time therefore your mind is off them. sure, confidence helps a lot too if you pump up your confidence you'll get more women and when you get more women your not thinking of them don't get clingy onto one chick.

Penguinplayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do a variety of things.
Top of the list: Hit the gym

Others include, but not limited to:

Meet other girls, you have all the info here
Learn a language,
Study a bit more
Take up a new sport (Climbing would be my suggestion), surfing, windsurfing, running. Something thats individual, but you are able to noticibly build up.
Read a series of books. Tom Clancy or Robert Ludlum for example.
Learn a skill or a musical instrument.

The thing here is to get obessed by something else. I know can't stop learning arabic (I'm not great but I'm still at it), for example, and I throughly recommend anyone to take it up for a laugh, like I did.

Girls will drop out of your mind as soon as you keep busy.

vegasorly

Banned
Reaction score
sportsfan89 said:

Thanks
The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude you should be thinking of ten girls a day at your age.

sportsfan89

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys. I have started to work out and play basketball like everyday this summer and I think it is starting to help me.

YoungJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah I used to/still have that problem. Ever time I meet a girl who shows great interest i just keep thinking about her over and over again adn then because you put her up on a pedestal she doesn't want you anymore and all that other bull that comes with thinking about a girl.. but other than that, when you're consistantly thikning about one girl make sure you make it a personal goal to go find another girl to meet and don't stop until you meet another girl, oh yeah and at times purposely ignore the girl that was on your mind. Small things like this will change your perception of her and you won't be obsessing over one girl.

Alex_1987

Don Juan
Reaction score
Best thing you can ever do when a girls gotten inside your head is to grab your cell phone and delete her number. Once you do that you know that even in a moment of weakness you can't screw yourself.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alex_1987 said:
Best thing you can ever do when a girls gotten inside your head is to grab your cell phone and delete her number. Once you do that you know that even in a moment of weakness you can't screw yourself.
No...no. I think about girls but i dont go delete their number. How the hell does that help? He said he doesnt call her, he only thinks about her. SOOOO if he had more girls he wouldnt have this problem. You guys sure give great advice.:rolleyes:

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
listen to me. when i saw this chicks picture i almost fell in love with her immediately...she was so dainty and cute and shiit. obviously i had her on a bit of a pedestool (how ever you spell it) so i decided to study her more and find things i DIDNT like. like her small breasts, her strange personality, etc. then i started to think about myself and the stuff i like about myself. after about an hour of mulling it over, i had her lowered in my mind and myself in a higher league, to the point where i felt like i was gonna have to take her in despite her faults. it worked and she was my girlfriend for a while there.

may sound like youre shiiting on someone else to make you feel better about yourself, but it doesnt hurt anyone as long as you keep those observations to yourself. and it does wonders.