Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Objective: Interpreting The Mature Man Charter!

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Troops,

This was originally in response to another post, but I felt the subject matter warranted a Thread all it's own------for visibility purposes:

Interpreting The Mature Man Charter

A War Room Meeting: Concerning the topics of Field Reports, Forum Rules, and the possibility of Topic Expansion.

I think that the problem may not be so much FIELD REPORTS in and of themselves, but rather, the subject of said field report. It's true; many of us feel we are generally BEYOND the more basic applications of woman-attracting----and as such, we don't really have a need to post about our experiences in that regard.

I'm sure that this doesn't apply to everyone, and no disrespect to anyone who does need advice from time to time on that aspect of life, but at some point evidence of our growth should manifest.

And ONE manifestation of growth is when men NO LONGER post about the basics, but rather, post about things on a higher level. For some of us, we are more interested in WHY things work-----as opposed to just HOW to make things work on a situation by situation basis.

Theoretical, philosophical, and/or scientific exposition is THE realm of the Mature Man----because only when a man owns a concept can he confidently convey it to others.

Only BOYS are satisfied with learning "how" to be masculine just to achieve an instant gratification, but only MEN hunger for, and strive to UNDERSTAND the importance of "why" it's important for him to be masculine in a positive, continuously fulfilling sense.

Understanding our fascination with women is but one factor in the equation of "figuring out" the WHOLE of what makes our lives worth living------there are SO MANY other things we should be considering and focusing on as well.

I, for one, have grown weary of ONLY speaking on the subject of women in this Mature Man Forum. There are many things that could be discussed in Anything Else, but there are MANY things I'd like to post about that are STILL directed at mature men that have absolutely nothing to do with women. BUT----please do not "parrot" the knee-jerk response of "there are OTHER forums for that", because I am of course, well aware of that.

The thing is, there are probably men on here who have the ability, where with all, and the DESIRE to form a Network that can be used to help benefit the members of this forum in MANY different areas of life----not JUST in "male/female relationships" ONLY.

I value the intelligence and the insights of MANY men on here, it would seem to me that opening up the subject range of the MM Forum COULD make it a more overall beneficial forum for those who frequent here. Let's face it, NOTHING will replace the popularity of women ("plate-spinning"), but could there not be SOME value in adding "cups", "saucers", "Knives", "spoons", and "forks" to the MM Table as well?

Those rare times I have ever written MODERATORS (about other things) in the past, I have received NO REPLY. So I will post a new question for ANY Moderator who may choose to address it:

Since the Mature Man Charter (on the Home Page) states that it is this:

A forum for DJs at least 25 years old to discuss problems, situations, and techniques UNIQUE to older and more mature men.

Is it even ALLOWABLE for us men to address topics OTHER than those concerning women and/or relationships IN THIS FORUM-----as long as it is adequately targeted at mature men?

Oh, and if I get no PUBLIC answer from an appropriately sanctioned Moderator, then I, and everyone else here will just CONTINUE to assume that the answer is probably "No".

No disrespect is intended by this OPEN LETTER to the SoSuave Pentagon. This is merely a request for a PUBLIC clarification.

Carry on.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I've posted threads in the MM forum that wasn't related to women but directed only toward MM and it wasn't moved. I think you need to make it evident that its directed specifically ONLY to MM for the mods not to move it.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
victory,
i thank you for making this post.
the mm has grown so much since they added it to the forum, and we have so many people who are posting here now.
as long as all members act maturely, i don't see why we can't engage in deeper topics.
we like our meat with potatoes , don't we fellas?

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DESDINOVA in reponse to my question:

Originally Posted by VICTORY UNLIMITED:

Is it even ALLOWABLE for us men to address topics OTHER than those concerning women and/or relationships IN THIS FORUM-----as long as it is adequately targeted at mature men?
DESDINOVA'S response:

The discussion about what is and is not appropriate in the MM forum has been discussed quite a bit in the Moderator's forum, and it still occasionally gets debated.

To give you the best answer I can, I will first point to the homepage. On sosuave.com, the banner says "Secrets of Meeting, Dating, and Attracting Women!"

In other words, this is a site that gives help to those who want to be better at dating women.

And then, there's the description of the MM forum "A forum for [Don Juans] at least 25 years old to discuss problems, situations, and techniques UNIQUE to older and more mature men."

From this description, it seems to be implied that the problems, situations, and techniques focus around dating women.
First of all, Des, I appreciate you actually giving enough of a damn to offer an answer to my question. However, my interpretation of the answer is:

"Maybe...it depends." lol

Which I ALSO respect. Understand, I am in no way blaming you, or any other moderator at all for your commitment to adhering to the policies of this forum, and also for trying to keep the content in line with the owner's original vision.

But I'm sure you can appreciate our hesitation sometimes in deciding what's appropriate for us to post here and what is not. So it would appear that the general rule of "POST AT YOUR OWN RISK" still applies...

I suppose that the worse that will happen is that the non-babe related thread (if it is found to be substantively legitimate) will be moved to some other forum then.

Hmmm.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well luckily my work thread is still here. I suppose it could have been anything else but I wanted the input from the guys who are on MM.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
Well luckily my work thread is still here. I suppose it could have been anything else but I wanted the input from the guys who are on MM.
Exactly, RESET.

And I'm glad it IS posted in here. I believe that the quality of the repsonses that you have received would have been FAR "different" had it been posted somewhere else.

There is input and insights that you would have never been able to add to your OWN had it been relegated to a forum that may have been seldomly frequented by many mature men here.

Peace...TUESday.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DESDINOVA'S response:

The discussion about what is and is not appropriate in the MM forum has been discussed quite a bit in the Moderator's forum, and it still occasionally gets debated.

To give you the best answer I can, I will first point to the homepage. On sosuave.com, the banner says "Secrets of Meeting, Dating, and Attracting Women!"

In other words, this is a site that gives help to those who want to be better at dating women.

And then, there's the description of the MM forum "A forum for [Don Juans] at least 25 years old to discuss problems, situations, and techniques UNIQUE to older and more mature men."

From this description, it seems to be implied that the problems, situations, and techniques focus around dating women.
Im sure we all agree the foundation of a DON JUAN is VALUE amongst other things. We as well know that techniques may get you in the door but won't substantiate permanent results. Most of the issues addressed in the mature forum help to build a MAN of value and understanding. This is the backbone.

If threads are not implying techniques but instead helping to BUILD a concrete foundation of VALUE, then we are addressing our objective.

Moreover problems and situations only arise because the root is not planted.

Let's not lose sight of the goal.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah this is way, way better for me than just "let's talk chicks". I started out thinking DJ was to get chicks but I just define DJ now as a real masculine man, inside and out. Women are like, what, 10% or something? I see the main forum as the chick forum and this one is about what it's like to be a man. Sure women may be the catalyst for many of the discussions, but it all just ends up with talking about being a man anyway. :woo:

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
reset said:
Yeah this is way, way better for me than just "let's talk chicks". I started out thinking DJ was to get chicks but I just define DJ now as a real masculine man, inside and out. Women are like, what, 10% or something? I see the main forum as the chick forum and this one is about what it's like to be a man. Sure women may be the catalyst for many of the discussions, but it all just ends up with talking about being a man anyway. :woo:
Someone scream epiphany?

Sometimes I'm really tentative as to what kind of thread to start in the MM forum because I've struggled with whether or not it's "dating" related or about our maturation process as men.

Thanks V.U. for having the foresight to try and get some clarity for all of us.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This Mature Man section has been a blessing to me as I recover from a recent medical emergency. Personally, women are the last thing on my mind at the moment. Hopefully, that will change but some of the intelligent discussions of deeper meaning have been tremendously helpful to my recovery.

I need to be "mature" as I go through my struggles. The people here have been tremendous and I thank you.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the main forum is for 'getting chicks", while the MM is about Building a Better Life which includes Women.

Any thread that adresses issue regarding Building a Better Life should be fine.
These include not "How do I proceed?" or "When do I call?"
but..."What is behind this?" , "Why do I feel this way?", and "How do I make it better?",
In other words, the MM is about the ocncepts and principle BEHIND the creation and Manifestation of the better Life...the "Good Life".
There is a method to it. A psychology and a method to adress the emotional , psychological and physiological issues too, including actual logistic of dating and how to enjoy the Man's MAN'S Life.

He seeks a higher Code.
He doesn't want 'band aid' techiques.

He seeks a Way of Life.

he is mature because now he has finally arrived at the notion of delayed and long term gratification.
He has patience and discipline.

He seeks the Pursuit of High Character. Not just "when do I text?"

The MM does not go for 'placeholder" chicks.

He looks for DEPTH now, not BREADTH.

He looks BEYOND the limited scope of 'how to get chicks".
He looks at INNER Game now, not "when do I DHV?"
He wants to be BEYOND 'routine stacking".
He wants to have QUALITY in his Life.

He looks at the Concepts and Principles BEHIND what makes a Man a Man, and his Life be compelling and motivating.

He wants the Good Life, with Peace of Mind and his needs taken care of.
He is on his Way , his Mission, his Quest.

These are way ahead of many of the topics in the main section.