Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Obese woman gets shamed for going from 260# to 105#!

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/02/06/3257061/biggest-loser-criticism/

This week, NBC’s weight loss reality show “The Biggest Loser” crowned its most recent winner, Rachel Fredrickson, for shedding the most pounds during the television challenge. But Fredrickson’s big reveal — she ultimately dropped from 260 pounds down to 105, losing nearly 60 percent of her total body weight — was greeted with considerable criticism.
Do you think these folks are shaming her because of health reasons, or for putting social pressure on fat chicks to stop eating ice cream, etc.?

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely ice cream eating whales who have never come close to such a transformation ... assuming that how she did it is true.

1600 cal / day diet is far from an anorexic diet Sample 1600 cal diet

If stick to a diet and a strict exercise regimen (with absolutely no alcohol), you can really drop it off.

I applaud this former fat bomb for her achievement, but as a man ... I would stay away from that potential blubber accordion no matter what.

SH

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just plain old fashioned jealousy from the land whale demographic. It is extremely common for land whales to shame thin women for being "stick figures". And when one of their own loses considerable weight, it unleashes a fury of biblical proportions. I've known a woman who lost a lot of weight and you wouldn't believe how far her fat "friends" went to sabotage her self-esteem. They spread all sorts of nasty rumours about her, saying that she had liposuction, her stomach stabled, was starving herself, etc etc.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The intention is to be healthy, she's supposedly not healthy because she didn't lose the weight with exercise.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's like me shaming Warren Buffet for amassing wealth.

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The land whales are jealous because she can now ride a guy on top without him losing breath.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
she looks fantastic,she has made a fantastic effort. trouble is....she has set the bar toooo far, she has done men a marvellous favour, she has shown, god forbid, that you dont have to be fat and it is afer all...a choice

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
Do you think these folks are shaming her because of health reasons, or for putting social pressure on fat chicks to stop eating ice cream, etc.?
They are treading a marketing tightrope and doing so wisely. The audience for such shows is overwhelmingly female and 60% or so of American women are obese or significantly overweight give or take depending on source.

That audience loves to see a fat girl get a little less fat, they identify initially with her fatness, she's still not threatening after losing some weight, and they can still look at their 20-40+ extra pounds in the mirror and play the comparison game while she is still 50 pounds OW. Can even pretend THEY did the work and lost the weight in their ever rationalizing relativistic female minds. Have a woman turn from fatty to hot babe though and suddenly 1. She's competitive and threatening to the audience, she did work they aren't willing to do and can't rationalize any more; 2. The audience's comparative failings magnified a bit too much. Big nono for bread and circus prole shows.

So the people with vested interest in the show's continued success have to make noises like this to placate their lowbrow, easily threatened and turned off audience.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh nooo, some people don't have "thick bones" after all.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DAmn she got ****ing hot lol. goes to show there are no ugly women just lazy ones.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SecondHalf said:
1600 cal / day diet is far from an anorexic diet
What they don't tell you is that they had her exercise 6-8 hours a day, every day. At that activity level, 1600 calories is an anorexic diet.

There's a difference to me between looking look for a camera and being sexually attractive. I doubt she looks very good naked. The tv show is probably cramming all her extra skin into girdles underneath her clothes.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She may not look perfect naked yet, who knows, but based on the before pic, I have a hunch she's young enough to lose weight without skin elasticity problems, especially if her diet was well-planned. Her skin didn't look at all sun damaged and the weight was reasonably well distributed over the entire body also.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you BB however the thing is.. you know good and damn well that's not WHY the people are calling her anorexic. They are calling her that because she's now pretty hot and they are jelly.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I commend her on the weight loss, but she is now underweight, even borderline anorexic. Part of the problem is the whole protocol that the Biggest Loser have in place. They only care about scale weight, not pure fat loss and body recomposition.

She needs to focus on gaining some muscle mass. I guess then people will hate on her because she'll be "too bulky". Like it's so fvckin easy for men to get jacked, let alone women with 1/10 the testosterone.

But yes, they are jealous that she's now attractive.