Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

NY/NJ/CT going under Federal lock-down.. Somehow

RickTheToad

Reaction score
President Trump will be announcing a Federally enforced lock down for the NYC Metro area. I assume that will include all NYC boroughs, Long Island, Westchester, Rockland, Fairfield County, CT, Essex County, NJ, Bergen County, NJ, Hudson County, NJ, Passaic County, NJ, and Union County, NJ. Governor's not on board, but Trump says tough sh it.

This is going to an interesting experiment. @Amante Silvestre, looks like you may get your hazard pay @12k per week after all.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@RickTheToad you're in Queens, right? How is it? I've seen some spooky pics of Manhattan, empty streets.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
President Trump will be announcing a Federally enforced lock down for the NYC Metro area. I assume that will include all NYC boroughs, Long Island, Westchester, Rockland, Fairfield County, CT, Essex County, NJ, Bergen County, NJ, Hudson County, NJ, Passaic County, NJ, and Union County, NJ. Governor's not on board, but Trump says tough sh it.

This is going to an interesting experiment. @Amante Silvestre, looks like you may get your hazard pay @12k per week after all.
Heh, States' Rights... sure. I guess we'll have a Constitutional Crisis after all, just not what anyone saw coming.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Yes, if enough NY’ers think fleeing NY and going to Florida, Rhode Island, or wherever is going to save them from the virus event, then the President needs to put the most heavily infected area in the US on lockdown ASAP.
He cannot let individuals fear level contribute to the spread…

Billtx49

Reaction score
Heh, States' Rights... sure. I guess we'll have a Constitutional Crisis after all, just not what anyone saw coming.
Realize this nation is now on a health war footing and national interest has precedence over States rights if necessary .…

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Realize this nation is now on a health war footing and national interest has precedence over States rights if necessary .…
Rightly so.

I've been galavanting throughout Asia when SARs 1st hit, didn't even bother wearing a mask back then, airports were still functioning, just extra checking and removing people with high temperatures.

Now, I'm wearing a mask, have a hand sanitizers in my pockets, airports are like in the Zombies movies, and right now in South East Asia, cities are virtually empty, everyone is hunkered down.

It's not being AFRAID or BRAVER, it's being RESPONSIBLE enough to NOT spread it to those that's vulnerable.

There's a lot of ways for a person to die, don't add covid 19 into the equation.

14 days or even a month is something everyone should be able to sacrifice - watching TV at home.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I guess I'll owe the PAN-dem-IC-ers an apology, if anyone gets shot brealing curfew. Where's Snake Pliskin when ya need him?
You can Escape from NY, but not LA right now. LOL.

The Warriors are about to come out to playayay...
Did you like the movie, The Warriors? It was a bit boring for me.

President Trump just said a federal lockdown wont be necessary, it's just a travel advisory at this point....
Yes, he backed off a few hours after I posted this. The scientists and virologists have mixed views on how this will end. Many though think this will be over in June. However, the damage and aftermath will be felt through the next few months after.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you like the movie, The Warriors? It was a bit boring for me.
Yeah, I thought it was overrated. I don't remember much about it now. The differently-dressed gangs were cool. Mostly I remember them fighting in the park, and the final scene in Coney Island, and the end credits with the Eagles' "In The City." I think it's one of those movies that has a lasting reputation in spite of just being okay, like Saturday Night Fever.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought it was overrated. I don't remember much about it now. The differently-dressed gangs were cool. Mostly I remember them fighting in the park, and the final scene in Coney Island, and the end credits with the Eagles' "In The City." I think it's one of those movies that has a lasting reputation in spite of just being okay, like Saturday Night Fever.
Did know that classic scene of warrrrriooorrrss come out to plaaaaay wasn't scripted?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My local university had two cases pop up in a dorm, and now all students in that dorm are under mandatory quarantine. They are mostly international students who had nowhere to go after classes were cancelled.

Cities will be quarantined last, if at all. The first quarantines will be like that dorm, locking down apartment buildings when a case is discovered. I sure as hell would not want to live in multi unit housing right now. If you do, and someone gets sick, they lock you in with the sick people.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's right up there will Bill Paxton in Aliens:
"That's it, man. Game Over, man, Game Over!"
And Leo's "I'm king of the world!!!" Just kidding, that was probably scripted.