Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Numbers Mean Jack

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A #close is not itself an indicator of interest. Focusing on the number as a goal in it's own right is ineffective because you may manage to get it without having sufficiently attracted her, this is why #closes are so often flakes. Instead focus on the process of attracting her during the pick up, how you accomplish THAT determines everything and that is where the emphasis should be. If you can attract her sufficiently the #close will be a no brainer and guess what else...she WON'T FLAKE.

------------------
- The performer known as Nick

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very true... I have friends that will pull 3 numbers a night... all are either flakes, wrong, they blow them off, whatever. It's because most girls will give you the number, but then either wise up, regret, were too scared to say no, whatever. I have received a fake number only once. Am I that good? I doubt it, but I know when to ask and when not to and I won't ask until it's time to. I may only get 1 number a night, or sometimes no numbers, but all of mine bring results.

Don-Wan Kenobi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick and DJ,

I couldn't agree with you any more.

When I started, I used to be one of Don Juan's friends with pockets full of random digits. At the time, I considered closing alone a reason to celebrate because I was overcoming a HUGE anxiety barrier.

Of course, I got tired of flakes and (what was worse) professional daters and so I started to concentrate more on the conversation leading up to the close. I studied some SS and practiced being more sensitive to her level of interest.

Now, I'm at a level where my standards are high (my friends say too high) and I make sure that the women I am after reciprocate high interest... I don't go for the number as often as I have before, much to the dismay of my AFC friends always asking "Did you get her number? Did you get her number?"

Quality over Quantity (preferably both)

It's like sales. It's possible to be good at closing and never earn a huge commission. It's also possible to be a lousy closer but to make wheelbarrows of money off of a deal with the right customer. Ideally, you want to be able to locate the right type of customer (those that are looking to spend) and to be able to close every prospective deal.

My last girlfriend was a woman whom I had been interested in dating for months before I learned of her little crush on me and made up my mind to let her have my number.

DWK

[This message has been edited by Don-Wan Kenobi (edited 09-09-2002).]

Ashony

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I try to get a women's number. I Will give her a compliment about the way she smells or her hair,necklace. Then use eye contact and then crack a smile. If I'm getting a good vibe then I'll make some excuse on why I have to cut our convo short. And say I have to get going because (reason) and I would love to continue a conversation with you so let's exchange numbers.

------------------
There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.
-Patrick Bateman

MattB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[When I started, I used to be one of Don Juan's friends with pockets full of random digits. At the time, I considered closing alone a reason to celebrate because I was overcoming a HUGE anxiety barrier.]

yeah dude , I am at your stage right now. I got tons of numbers, but I have never called any of them. Instead, I am just getting numbers for the sake of pratice and a ego and confdience boast.

I think that if a girl is not interested in u, one should bother getting the number cus is meanlingless.

david_med@hotmail.com

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
getting the number is the first step in a process of steps that needs to be taken.

ideally, you would like to cook her interest before you close the number. you do that by connecting, sense of humor, listening, ****y/funny, busting her balls and then some. of course every girl is different, so you want to be case specific and alter what youre doing according to what youre working with. a sensitive girl with her guard up will require more of your time to allow her to trust you. some girls may require more of the classic male role, etc.

if you havent cooked her before you close for the number, u have to cook over the phone. a lot of DJ's say that the phone is only for setting dates, but i disagree. its also a great way for her to realize how cool you are, and to able to trust you. its also a great way for you to know how this girl works. without those, you have nothing.

yeah, number closing in itself is meaningless, but there are other factors and voids that need to be filled before you can get her on the date and bang.

ideally you'd like to cook her interest before you close. then call her atleast 4 days later at nitetime, and cook her interest on the phone for a good 30 minutes (trust me, this works), and from there set up a date, because you have to "head back to your duties."

If she follows your lead all the way through, and she most likely will if you cook her well and there was some slight interest on her part from the getgo, then the date will go smooth as can be, and you basically can do with her as you please. now, this is considering she is as cool as you are. otherwise, you shouldnt be going out with her, if you find out shes some weirdo on the phone.

-david