Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Nudity

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today at my friends party with the weather being humid and hot i decided to strip down, bare all and dive into the pool. Then my best buddy followed suit.

We felt uninhibited and freee.

The men however had nothing good to say about what we did. The women didn't seem to mind.

I'm wondering. Are these men not comfortable with thier sexuality or worried about thier body image? Or nudity is uncomfortable for them and doesn't reflect their sexuality?

window

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
there is a difference between genuine uninhibition and that induced by alcohol...one is everlasting whilst the other gives you a hangover the next day.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I don't think most men are ashamed of their bodies or uncomfortable with nudity per se. The problem is being nude around other men. A lot of guys might find that it feels a bit gay. I would feel comfortable stripping in front of women and possibly a close buddy because we both know we are straight. But around other men I don't know as well would be weird.

It is also possible that the other guys we envious because you had the balls to strip in front of the girls and skinny dip and they didn't.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What was the social dynamic?

Men probably don't want men stripping in front of their girlfriends.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men probably don't want men stripping in front of their girlfriends.
This is probably true. For myself, I know I would just rather not have to look at naked males. As Elaine from Seinfeld said, the male body is hideous. Some things are just better not seen. I don't want to see a big hocker that someone spit on the sidewalk. In the same vein, it is rude of other people to place a naked male body in my line of sight.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
This is probably true. For myself, I know I would just rather not have to look at naked males. As Elaine from Seinfeld said, the male body is hideous. Some things are just better not seen. I don't want to see a big hocker that someone spit on the sidewalk. In the same vein, it is rude of other people to place a naked male body in my line of sight.
Naked guys aren't hideous in themselves, but UGLY naked guys are. At the same time, so are ugly naked women.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:

The male body has been the insparation for thousands of works of arts, paintings, sulptures. Elaine from Seinfeld is nuts (or closet lesbian) A toned male body is delightful to behold.

The only reason other guys would be worried about you being nude is the typical male fear that they "don't measure up".

So...ya got some pics???:woo:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WaterTiger said:
A toned male body is delightful to behold.
It sounds like you enjoy looking at beautiful naked men. :woo: :crackup:

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
must say that nudity to me is a beautiful expression of one self love for the only body they will ever own.

men uncomfortable with the sight of another body sure question their own impressions of themselves.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
men uncomfortable with the sight of another body sure question their own impressions of themselves.
First off, I didn't say I was UNCOMFORTABLE, I said I didn't want to see it.
If you're so interested in frolicking in the nude with your buddies, have at it.
Just stay out of my yard.
:)

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the context.

In the locker room, whatever. But at a party? Probably uncomfortable. When someone is stark naked in front of you their privates just became the focal point. I guarantee you if it was a woman who got naked and jumped in the pool the men would be fine and the women would have nothing good to say about it. So, just because other men don't want to see your shlong flopping around doesn't make them homophobes, and just because you are comfortable with spontaneous nudity doesn't mean everyone else is.

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
here is what i find interesting. while i discuss nudity others are discussing private parts. why not focus on say my face. why would more skin make you think and look beyond or should i say below focus.

if you are discomforted by nudity then the discomfort is where you focus is on (parts below the waist).

it would be safe to say that a sight of a naked woman would make you lose focus on her and shift it below her waist and for sure the other women would have nothing good to say, but not of the naked girl but of the men who drool over the sight of her parts.

thus the assumption that ***** is power.

thus you men still need to get comfortable with your sexuality. once you do that you would lose that discomfort or lust. see beyond just parts. and see the person beyond their physical level.

and by no means am i trying to insult anyone. just offering insight.

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WaterTiger said:
The only reason other guys would be worried about you being nude is the typical male fear that they "don't measure up".
You sure like to generalize things don't you, Water Tiger. I guess it helps to oversimplify things when you have a small brain capacity. :p

There are any number of reasons why a person might find this offensive. Personally, I think it's animalistic, and contributes to the degradation of society. Being naked in public takes things to a level that doesn't need to be invoked. Of course those who are already on the animalistic level of consciousness will not notice the difference. lol

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it depends on the environment that you grew up in. I wasn't around naked guys when growing up, not even in the school gym. None of my friends got naked in front of me. The closest I ever get to a guy physically is a hug and handshake. I know that in some countries guys can be closer than this and it's perfectly acceptable, but that's the norm in those places.

I would be uncomfortable if one of my friends or even some random dude decided to get naked in front of me. My question is why? It's obviously done to draw attention, but what kind of attention are you looking for? You know the sort of culture you live in, so why would you do it expecting the guys around you to be comfortable with this?

People, especially women, love to call guys who are uncomfortable with this sort of thing "homophobes", but I personally don't care. I've never been offended by that label. I have nothing to prove by forcing myself to be comfortable with homosexuals and naked men. I don't have a problem with their lifestyle, I just choose not to be around it.

I could be a little biased though. In my efforts to be more "social" with all people, not just women, I've had a few encounters with gay guys thinking I was attracted to them, of course I had no idea these guys were gay, at least they didn't act feminine in any obvious way. Talk about awkward. After a few incidents it made me a bit paranoid about guys I don't know who engage me in fluff talk. I tell you what, there are a lot more homosexuals out there than I ever realized.

ZenGodMod said:
thus you men still need to get comfortable with your sexuality. once you do that you would lose that discomfort or lust. see beyond just parts. and see the person beyond their physical level.
Of what benefit is this to a guy? Why do I as a straight guy, need to be comfortable with seeing another guy rip his clothes of at a party? Especially if he isn't getting some special attention from a woman.

I can see all those things you mentioned perfectly fine with clothes on.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ZenGodMod said:
Today at my friends party with the weather being humid and hot i decided to strip down, bare all and dive into the pool. Then my best buddy followed suit.

We felt uninhibited and freee.

The men however had nothing good to say about what we did. The women didn't seem to mind.

I'm wondering. Are these men not comfortable with thier sexuality or worried about thier body image? Or nudity is uncomfortable for them and doesn't reflect their sexuality?
You. Are. GAY.

Just wrong on so many levels.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, that is gay.

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
You. Are. GAY.

Just wrong on so many levels.
Knowing that comes with some level experience in such things isn't it Cordoncordon! Hehe

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ZenGodMod said:
In philosophy, this is what is referred to as a false dilemma.

It's choice C, ....... you're gay.

I admit maybe there's parts of the U.S., or other countries, where this sort of thing is maybe socially acceptable. But it definitely wouldn't be here in Arkansas unless you and your buddies are gay.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are guys that hang around nude together the same type of guys who circle jerk together?