Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Now this is something I'd write in to complain about

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://elitedaily.com/news/world/du...e-offensive-sayings-every-day-speak-photos-2/

I don't say "man up" because strength is not defined by sex or gender.
*sigh*

So men aren't stronger than women? Isn't that, like, proven through science?? Then why aren't men and women competing against each other in the Olympics? Oh, they're talking emotionally? Well, I got news for ya Duke, women are emotional basket cases. And if men acted like women did, emotionally, the world would have nuked itself long ago, and we'd be living in an age of dusty wastelands, feeding off weeds.

College kids, they always seem to have life all figured out.

This is the whole article:
Duke University’s “You Don’t Say?” campaign totally hits the nail on the head; it’s the 21st century, and there’s some sh*t you just shouldn’t say anymore because it’s offensive and harmful to certain communities.

Through black and white images, the campaign highlights some seemingly “harmless” phrases often spoken to serve as a funny one-liner or emphatic end to a story.

But as the campaign shows, saying things like “no homo” and “don’t be a *****” aren’t cool — instead, those phrases carry much deeper meanings and implications for the people they, meaning to or not, mention.

The posters always follow up with reasons it’s wrong to say these things, citing that the “no homo” epithet “delegitimizes love and sexual identities.” Similarly, something like calling someone a “*****” insists that “femininity is inherently negative.”

These posters prompt people to stop and think for a moment about the implications of our words, and how even casually-thrown around phrases can be damaging to how society views people, or how those people think about themselves and the support they’re receiving from others.

“You don’t say” couldn’t be more right. Why don’t we stop saying this sort of stuff forever?
Thoughts?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that one floating around Facebook. I also saw one commending the strength of women for going through the pain of childbirth. I left a comment stating that I had given birth to a kidney stone which is apparently more painful than child birth, but men don't get credit for it.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't think PlayHerMan attended Duke University, do you?

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I always expect some people to be offended. I know I ruffle feathers but some people’s feathers need a little ruffling. And remember: just because someone is offended doesn’t mean they’re in the right. Some people are offended by multiculturalism, homosexuality, abortion, atheism – what should we do? Ban all those things? You have the right to be offended, and I have the right to offend you. But no one has the right to never be offended."

-Ricky Gervais

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things like this make people like George Carlin, Chris Rock, and Louis C.K. look less like comedians, and more like prophets or that hidden voice within our cultural pasts.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
You don't think PlayHerMan attended Duke University, do you?
He probably did. This was just their reaction to it. :D

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh they missed some, I'm sure it was just an oversight:

"man cave"
because no gender is more prone to live in caves and be primitive than any other.
"white privilege"
because whites suffered historical oppression just like everyone else.
"rape culture-rape apologist"
because only a tiny fraction of 1% of men ever commit rape.
"patriarchy"
because all people were oppressed by elites of both genders historically.
"corporatist"
because 99% of corporations are just average folks making a living.
"jesus freak-holy roller"
because not all Christians are extremists
"tea baggers"
because preferring small government and low taxes has nothing to do with putting testicles in someone's mouth.

Should I forward these along to Duke? I'm sure they would appreciate being apprised of the oversight and get right to work on the additional signs.

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work at a university. I can see this spreading. Next big thing schools jump on the bandwagon over.