Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Now Self-Employed. Need Business Help!

Bizzle13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Last week I started my new job and basically I'm now a self-employed sales agent. The company set up meetings for their staff and we get paid to go to these and if we make a sale we get good commission but if we set up our own meeting with a homeowner we get over twice as much money for going and a huge commission if we make the sale.

I have to physically go to the house so it has to be fairly local. And it's for solar panels before you ask, which are a great way to make/save money over here in Britain as the government pay people around £1000 a year when you have them for 20 years. The sale seems easy as it's a good way to make/save money, a better investment than ISA's/high interest bank accounts etc, helps the environment etc we even offer a finance package so anyone can afford it.

Back to it I need a solid way to create leads, I've been told about LinkedIn and will check that out (any tips are gratefully received) and an also planning to get some cards/leaflets made out and handed around posted, I live in a big student area and want to try and get in touch with the landlords but they don't seem to have the time of day. Do you guys have any ideas? I feel like if I can get my foot in the door it'll be easy to make the sale as they're a great product (and this job gives me a lot of flexibility, free time and bonuses so I'd love to make it work. Obviously I'd I don't do well I won't get paid (much), some staff rely on company leads but I'd love to apply myself and get them for myself.

Please help if you can, thanks a lot.

Bizzle

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
social networks like facebook, twitter, even intagram.

a remember to work on your referrals referrals referrals.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would get on Google Earth and look for properties that already have solar panels. Those are prospects who have already demonstrated an interest in your product. Surely many of them will be interested in updating and expanding their solar setup.

You can also then go to their neighbor's properties. It is natural human instinct for people to want what they see other people have.

Bizzle13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to the neighbours is a good idea but cold calling is illegal here, all I could do is post a leaflet/card or talk to them on the street if they have time. Gonna try and find events for local landlords and see if I can attend. And setting up my LinkedIn tomorrow :)

Money.Power.Wome....no, more money.

WilburGutierrez

Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I would get on Google Earth and look for properties that already have solar panel. Those are prospects who have already demonstrated an interest in your product. Surely many of them will be interested in updating and expanding their solar setup.

You can also then go to their neighbor's properties. It is natural human instinct for people to want what they see other people have.
It is huge business.. But in recent times the solar industry is facing huge troubles.. USA is not supporting other countries manufactures to develop cheap panels

Last edited: