Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Not sure of the signals

AmatuerUKDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
All,

I'm having trouble picking up the signals from a woman at work as to whether her sudden interest in me is as a friend or if she's a little more keen.

Any tips? As a general rule I'm awful at picking up signals from women.

Ta

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You might want to brush up on body language, and how to spot the physical characteristics of when a woman is interested.

One thing i would worry about, is that women are attention wh**es, and love male attention. They will flirt with absolutely no intention of it going further.

Thinking back of when i had a honey at work here, (that i found out later was interested in me) where i was trying to figure out the same things you were, she seemed:

- very attentive when we talked, very interested. Enjoyed the conversations
- smiled alot
- would email me, just for the sake of emailing, like "hey foo, what are you up to?"
- would invite me outside the building, like on breaks and stuff
- was legimitately curious about getting to know me.
- would also drop by my office once or twice a day, for no good reason. usually under the guise of asking me a quick work question.

Now, that could be friendly, but she emailed me and asked me to go have a beer with her sometime. OK, that was a buying signal. Then, after drinks, she asked if she could kiss me, so that was the obvious one.

So, does she flirt with you? Or just talk to you like a friend? Does she compliment you? Play with her hair? Smile alot?

It does suck trying to read their signals, cause they give you just enough signal to get YOU to do all the work, and ask them out, etc.

What's everyone's philosophy on this? Hold out, and see if the signals get stronger? Or drop a nut and ask her out?

I would personally wait a bit longer until its obvious.

AmatuerUKDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah she came up to talk to me earlier giving it all the playing with her hair thing, lots of smiles, and is generally initiating email conversations with usual chatter.

As you say, could just be friendly as I believe she is with somebody. What made me wonder is the sudden interest from nowhere....not to mention the fact she's a good 8.

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, i understand. You probably better - in a casual way, find out if she has a boyfriend first - that will probably answer your questions as to whether she's interested in your or not.

Maybe she's in the market for a new guy?

Then again, it sounds like you could *kind of* practice with this chick. Don't be so needy, attentive, and practice all your DJ skills, like being a challenge, and the Alpha Male.

I get the vibe that you kind of have low self esteem. Dude, if she's an 8, and she's talking to you and showing interest, then you are probably cool and good looking. So, don't doubt yourself. Chicks don't seem to want to get to know geeky or weird looking guys, unless they are funnier than sh**, so you probably got some good things going for you, so that should make you feel good about yourself.

RKTek

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her you're planning on going to get a sub at a local deli, then have a game of miniature golf, starting at 7pm next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday night (pick one weeknight, NOT Friday, Saturday or Sunday) and that you'd like her to join you.

If she's got a man, or is otherwise just pulling your chain, this will not only make her show you her exact scorecard, it will make you seem like a 'take action' man, and if she's a decent woman, she'll be complimented by your directness and confidence.

AmatuerUKDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, not that I want to reject your advice but that seems quite forward at this stage.

But then maybe that's my downfall :)