Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Not sure how to take this text from gf?

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So as some of you may know already, I just spent a month in Europe with my gf of 8 months (she booked the holiday before we met) and she has a further 6 weeks of travel before she comes back. When I got back I moved to a new town for work and she is coming when she gets back.

Now since I've been back and she's still overseas I've been busy and I've been taking awhile to reply to texts, giving short responses etc.. basically not being too available. Then she sends this just now..

Her: Argentina has better steaks than you! :p
Me: Didn't reply

Her later in the day : ''18 hour overnight bus tonight! No annoying messages for at least 24 hours! ;) love you x''

Me: ''You're crazy ;) Enjoy!''

Her: ''You (and your amazing text msgs :p) are not helping the really bad homesickness I've had this week, so I'm not going to message again for a few days and hopefully I'll feel better (and yes, I know I'm being silly, sorry).. Enjoy the boat xx''

*I work on a Vessel hence her saying to enjoy the boat

I haven't replied yet as I'm not sure what this means?

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seems pretty harmless to me man

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy chick logic. This is tough.
If you agree to her wishes and don't communicate, she could pull the old "I didn't mean not to text me at all!"
She could be hoping to elicit a lovey dovey response and blow up her phone.
If you do text and she doesn't reply she has the perfect excuse that she already told you she wouldn't be replying due to homesickness.

I'd lean towards going ghost and waiting for her to reach out. I'm very interested to see the other DJs' take on this.

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's calling me in 5 mins on facetime...

EDIT: She just called and we spoke for about 5 mins. She's really homesick and was crying and emotional and going on about how 6 weeks was so far away.

She said to me ''you can message me you know'' As she initiates about 95% of texts but it's always been like that (I'm not a big texter) so I'm guessing it's just her emotions going mental.

Anyway I'm not going to change anything or text her more. I'll just let her ride it out, she'll get over it.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Careful with this one. This is fertile ground for cheating.

Homesickness + loneliness + her emotional needs not being met + the right guy at the right time = well.....you know.

Not to plant bad ideas in your head, but she IS telling you that you aren't meeting an emotional need. Not that it's your responsibility to meet every single one, but if you don't meet the critical ones, she will find someone who can. Her whole thing about "amazing text messages" was her way of telling you to be more attentive to her. Just talk to her. I know it may sound gay and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I'm telling you man....this is a harbinger of cheating. You have a chance to act. You don't have to fawn all over her and try to "fix" her problems, just talk to her. More often than you have been until it passes.

Going ghost and playing the radio silence card works for certain sh!t tests; like when they are dissing you or being bratty about something trivial. This is not a sh!t test, FYI.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say she just misses you and was trying to convey she would like some text messages to help her get by.

I wouldn't be concerned about anything.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are thinking too much, brah. Suppress that AFC mindset, or get rid of it completely. This post combined with this one tell me that you are worried sick about this chick.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro, you aren't trying to game this chick. This is your gf of 8 months who you just spent a long trip with. She is homesick. She misses you. Misses her life back home. There is nothing wrong with showing her some love and attention to get her through these times.

Stop over analyzing.

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'll start giving her a bit more attention and initiate a bit more.

I really need to stop over-analysing everything...