Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Not meeting a girl's HEIGHT expectations...

harrison9876

Don Juan
Reaction score
okay...so I know I messed up on this one.

Been doing the online dating thing.

Mtched wtih a really cute girl who very CLEARLY wrote in her profile,

"I am 5'9", so please be over 6' "

Based on on other things she wrote in her profile...she knows EXACTLY what she wants. But...I really did not care. I am 5'10", and have dated taller...so no big deal right?

After only a couple msgs back and forth, she wrote this:

"I'm actually about to get off this thing, so if you'd like to save my number and call me, please do"

She then wrote her #.

I would have TOTALLY called her...buuuuuuuuuuut...I hesitated due to the fact that she clearly stated "over 6' ".

I did not want to start engaging on the phone...meeting etc...only to get a "ummmmmm...you're not over 6'", or some nonsense...wasting both of our time.

Soooooo..

I sent a quick msg. to her and jokingly told her that I would love to call her, but we would probably neeeeeeever get along, as I don't meet her mandatory height requirement...hahahaha

It was clearly a joke...and I wrote it only to see what response I would get.

her response:

NO response.

I week has gone by, and as of right now I have not called this girl. A combination of my loss of interest...and assuming that he lack of response was in part due to not being her "taller than 6' ideal".

Looking back...I am wondering if anyone else would have done the same? Or would I have just called her...not said anything...meet her?

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You didn't really expect a response from that text. Did you? A joke via text rarely gets across as originally intended. She prob. took it the wrong way like you were gaming her. Wow. She gave you her # and you blew it with the key in the door. Unwise move. Pro tip, just because a woman says or writes something doesn't mean that is what they want. That is/was what they wanted at that time when they wrote it. Women change their minds about 50 million times a day. What is good for her at 2pm yesterday may not be necessarily good for her at 2pm tomorrow.

Chalk it up as a major fail and move on. Don't do something like this again unless you enjoy getting the woman's #, and then just blowing it before you even get to meet her. Geez.

TheProspect

Reaction score
She did you a favor and prevented you from wasting both of yours time.

I’ll tell you what, if I wrote on my bio “I work out and am in good shape, so please be under 140lbs” and some chick who weighs 160 messaged me, there is no trick she could pull that would magically capture my interest when I already specified my superficial requirement (on superficial online dating of all places). It would be annoying if she persisted because a) she violated my preference and pestered me anyway, b) I’m not attracted to heavier girls....... and it would be even more annoying if I showed up a date with a girl who lied or omitted her weight and turned out to be overweight.

I’m not trying to imply that one shouldn’t try anyway in such a scenario, nor that it is impossible to actually come out with a successful lay or date. I just think time and attention are valuable resources; men should consider how they spend (and expect them from others) carefully.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
quit trying.

harrison9876

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry R.U.G. ..but though I understand your comments, I disagree. I also really don't care if I "blew it"...as "blowing it" does not really matter to me. ;)

I think The Prospect has it right. I personally like women who work out, and take care of themselves. I also HATE the fake lip shyt girls are doing now. Though I do not specifically state any of those...if someone is the opposite of what I want...nothing she can do will make me like her.

In regards to this specific girl... her profile clearly stating what she wanted...and one of her sentences was somethings like this:

I have high energy and looking for a man who is the same. Want to to meet a guy who together, we can become the ultimate Power Couple. I am 5'9". so please be over 6'.

What I wrote as the original thread was paraphrasing. It was obviously written lightly, and as a joke, and closed the message CLEARLY leaving the ball in her court. She decided to take the ball and not play.

not a big deal. no time wasted apart from a couple of messages.

Serenity

Reaction score
I'm just gonna say that I'm 6'2" and I wouldn't even have talked to her. I just can't stand superficiality, even if I qualify. It's too ugly for any physical looks to make up for.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
You need girls who r at least 6" shorter

Easier to handle in bed with all those ninja moves and kamasutra techniques

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
S*hit, I'm 5'9 and dated a hot 6'0 redhead, who also loved to wear heels, for about 5 months. I was also 13 years older than her. So I was shorter and older than what she "wanted." I actually did meet her on Match.com too. I do have good game and am naturally outgoing and funny/****y which usually reels them in. In the world of OLD 99% chance you get filtered out being shorter and older, but IRL, all bets are off. Anything can happen.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Once she gave you her number you should have texted her and set up a drinks date. Act as if you didnt care about her height stipulation by not bringing it up.

At worst case she would have brought it up on the date and you could just blow it off again. However, if you are witty and charming (and good looking) and the date went well, I guarantee you that she would have never brought up your height.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You failed her sh1t test--fell into her frame, got insecure, and basically her sh1t test did exactly what it intended by weeding you out. This girl would totally fvck a guy under 6'0, but that guy wouldn't give a fvck about living up to her 'requirements.'

Listen, why do you think girls put out these checklists? It isn't game is it? It isn't a DHV? A sign of abundance? Is it? It isn't ASD, right? Like she isn't totally trying to signal that she has the options to be choosy or is the kind of girl who will just sleep with anybody; I mean, she has standards, right?

Flip the script. One of my gambits is asking a girl, Wait, how tall are you? And no matter how she answers, I disqualify her on it. Oh, you're way too tall--I could never date a girl who sucks at limbo. Or, Oh my god, little girl. You're like that little guy on Game of Thrones. Probably can't even get on the roller coaster. Same subcomms she is using in her dating profile. And then when she asks how tall I am, I just tell her I don't know her well enough to tell her that info.

Be the buyer. You set the hoops. You move the goalposts. You don't qualify to her.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry R.U.G. ..but though I understand your comments, I disagree. I also really don't care if I "blew it"...as "blowing it" does not really matter to me. ;)

I think The Prospect has it right. I personally like women who work out, and take care of themselves. I also HATE the fake lip shyt girls are doing now. Though I do not specifically state any of those...if someone is the opposite of what I want...nothing she can do will make me like her.

In regards to this specific girl... her profile clearly stating what she wanted...and one of her sentences was somethings like this:

I have high energy and looking for a man who is the same. Want to to meet a guy who together, we can become the ultimate Power Couple. I am 5'9". so please be over 6'.

What I wrote as the original thread was paraphrasing. It was obviously written lightly, and as a joke, and closed the message CLEARLY leaving the ball in her court. She decided to take the ball and not play.

not a big deal. no time wasted apart from a couple of messages.
Everyone has a right to agree or disagree. Just an opinion. It's worth what you paid for it.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
So if I understand hamster logic correctly:

5’10” => Low Energy

> 5’12” => High Energy

Im gonna go take a nap right now.