Not happy in my relationship

Arizona iced tea

Don Juan
Reaction score
im a senior and ive been going out with my gf for almost 4 months. in the last month or so, im just not happy alot of the time and often it relates to our relationship. but the thing is that there is really nothing wrong with our relationship. we always have fun and i love her, but im just not happy right now. i dont wanna break up with her, but with going to college later this year i figure it will probably happen sooner or later... i just wanna make it as good as it can be while it lasts.

idk if im just messed up in the head or what. what shall i do?

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*shrug* not a lot of info to go on. But a good rule of thumb is, what would you do if you had no fear? Truly consulting the grandness of the cosmos and, once your problems are suitably small in comparison, perhaps you'll be able to see a bit more clearly. And acknowledge your fear, it's ok to have it; once you know it's there and you know the decision you'd take without it then you can start to work on the problem.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gubby said:
*shrug* not a lot of info to go on. But a good rule of thumb is, what would you do if you had no fear? Truly consulting the grandness of the cosmos and, once your problems are suitably small in comparison, perhaps you'll be able to see a bit more clearly. And acknowledge your fear, it's ok to have it; once you know it's there and you know the decision you'd take without it then you can start to work on the problem.
wtf are you talking about?

lol

OP, you need to figure out exactly why you're unhappy. otherwise you're just a big question mark

Arizona iced tea

Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry, i could have made it pages, but i know i cant stand reading huge posts...

anyway the big thing is idk if i should try to make it better or just give up. another thing is i have about a month and 2 weeks till prom. that puts me in a hard spot if i have to go with someone else. but even when i think about breaking up with her i hate the idea... uhg.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do you truly care about her? because if you do it's a no-brainer

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ready123 said:
wtf are you talking about?

lol
A self-answering question.......:down:

Maybe you're not into philosophy and sh'it but most of the time we're unsure it's cos we're scared. Not because we don't already have the faculties to work out the answer.

Reaction score
Arizona iced tea said:
im a senior and ive been going out with my gf for almost 4 months. in the last month or so, im just not happy alot of the time and often it relates to our relationship. but the thing is that there is really nothing wrong with our relationship. we always have fun and i love her, but im just not happy right now. i dont wanna break up with her, but with going to college later this year i figure it will probably happen sooner or later... i just wanna make it as good as it can be while it lasts.

idk if im just messed up in the head or what. what shall i do?
You are just getting bored with her. It happens to everyone, you want a new and exciting woman.

Do you break up with her or cheat? Decisions decisions...

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
At times you meet someone that doesn't seem to have any wrong qualities. She just doesn't have enough qualities.

And you loss interest.

And then you realise, your heart isn't into it. You don't love her.

You can at that moment feel the waste and want out.

Move on, be kind enough to walk her into prom. Then walk yourself to college.

Arizona iced tea

Don Juan
Reaction score
ready123 said:
do you truly care about her? because if you do it's a no-brainer
ya, maybe a bit too much...

You are just getting bored with her. It happens to everyone, you want a new and exciting woman.

Do you break up with her or cheat? Decisions decisions...
i was thinking that might be it after reading around these board for a while, but honestly, its still exciting alot of the time...

Reaction score
Arizona iced tea said:
ya, maybe a bit too much...

i was thinking that might be it after reading around these board for a while, but honestly, its still exciting alot of the time...
Yeah, but you want a different girl. If you want to be honest, just admit it.

Arizona iced tea

Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
Yeah, but you want a different girl. If you want to be honest, just admit it.
i cant necessarily say thats what i want. i suppose i just want more out of her sometimes.

i think it would be healthy for me to meet/hang out with some other girls though. that is something that i dont to much of since we have been going out.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't want a girlfriend your freshman year of college. My first semester of college I had one, and it was fun, but not half as fun as it was my second semester without one. Just something to think about...

Arizona iced tea

Don Juan
Reaction score
young_gun said:
You don't want a girlfriend your freshman year of college. My first semester of college I had one, and it was fun, but not half as fun as it was my second semester without one. Just something to think about...
ya, thats what i hear, and probably what i will do... but i want the time we are still together to be good, if it can be.