Not Going to the Prom

Oni

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What kinda flaming am i gonna get from my peers if i dont go to the prom? I really dont think its a huge deal but everyone keeps saying that im such and such and such if i dont go. But really, do you guys thinking a junior not going to the junior prom is a big thing? I mean I'd understand if its something liek senior ball, which im definitely gonan go to but junior prom? i dont know.

Austizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was a junior, I never went to my prom. It's not that big of a deal really. I would recommend going though, it's a lot of fun, or just wait til your senior year to go. Either way, you're not missing out too much.

Oni

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thats what i thought too. but peer pressure man, i need to find a way to make my friends stop flaming me about it.

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you want to go?

It seems like your friends want you to come, too.

Oni

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
truthfully, the prom is poorly organized and lame. totally not worth the money.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell 'em you don't feel like going. End it at that.

"Enemies don't care about explanations, and friends don't listen to them", so don't waste your time.

Ratman

Don Juan
Reaction score
DUDE GO TO IT SERIOUSLY THESE ARE GOOD TIMES. after ive left high school i dont wish i could go back i just regret the things i dint do. so just go if its ****s, its ****, least you tried it and its the perfect time to meet up with new ppl go to it :D

SexayManDotCom

Don Juan
Reaction score
ehh i didn't go as a junior i'm going as a senior.....and this **** better be worth $600 cause thats what it's costing.

Maeisgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try asking a younger girl or a shy looking one if getting a date is too hard. If you find that she is shyer than you, then it will boost your confidence and thus make you more attractive and stuff.

The hard thing about high school is that there is so much pressure to actually enjoy it. Prom is no different. I liked it at the begining of this year, but now I dislike it. I've realized how fake and mean everyone is.

I'm going to hate my prom. My next thread will probably be about it.

Oni

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maeisgood
I've realized how fake and mean everyone is.

Word to that.

I'm just tired of my friends going about being ignorant saying that I'm not going because so and so is going with someone else rather than me. Well the reason i didnt ask is cuz im not planning to go. I just need to find a counter to that.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait, are you not going to go just cuz the price is too high? Or are there other reasons behind this...

Cuz no matter what, dancing is always one of the most fun parts of prom.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't go to prom either. Me and a few friends had a helluva time and didn't go.

Oni

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by aBAzLLnA
Wait, are you not going to go just cuz the price is too high? Or are there other reasons behind this...

Cuz no matter what, dancing is always one of the most fun parts of prom.
the prices are ridiculous because the prom is poorly organized. its not gonna be even held in the gym or the football field. its just going to be on an area with grass in my school.

Oni

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eternal
I didn't go to prom either. Me and a few friends had a helluva time and didn't go.
what'd u guys do

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oni
what'd u guys do
Stuff we usually do...Shot pool, ordered a ton of double deckers from Taco Bell (me and one of my friends usually get 15 double deckers, so imagine 4 of us,) watched some movies and dvd's, did some "Jackass" stuff, drove around. I left for a bit to go hook up with my current girlfriend back in our "not offically together" day.

Honestly, that was one of the most fun times of my life...If you got friends that you can chill with and have a blast with, I highly recommend it.

Oni

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
that would be great, but it seems like every1s going to the prom :)

Maeisgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going but I don't have many expectations for a good time.

I'm going with Lauren's best friend. She's cute and all physically, but she's emotional and I'm not sure any guy really knows how to diffuse that sort of thing. Lauren's boyfriend will be there. I want to go with someone else, but I can't just ditch her. Someone I don't like was going to ask her but I got there first.

Oni, think about getting an easy target. Girls may not look too awfully hot in school, but at prom, every girl is pretty and if you go with a shy girl you can probably lighten her up and show her a good time and it may make you look really good and make you feel really good to help her out too. I like run-on sentences.

Plus, not everyone likes to dance. Prom, like everything in high school, even high school itself is done for social purposes, not for actual dancing or to get anything useful accomplished. Try going to dinner with your friends. Maybe your friends' dates have friends who don't have dates. Even if you don't really know them, just ask anyway. If you don't really care about them then it'll make it easier to ask.

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the only reason you dont want to go is because youre affraid of trying to find a date and faling.

average joe2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by xomel
the only reason you dont want to go is because youre affraid of trying to find a date and faling.
I so agree to that statement but think of it this way oni: You can go to the prom solo this year to see what's it like and what you're going expect next year in senior prom. Also, there are plenty of girls there that goes to prom alone(did you know that???:eek: ). You can always try to pick them up. But be careful. some girls there doesn't want to be picked up by DJ like yourself because; a) came with her girlfriends to have fun, b) it's their senior year so they HAVE to go, c) already bought a dress but no date, or d) want to go to the afterparties. That reminds me.......oh yes, the afterparties. If I were you, I'd go to the afterparties rather than the prom but it might be harder for you to find a girl to fvck(that was the case for my friends). If you want a girl, you can always hit up girls that you already know to join you but I THINK it's much easier to find a girl at the prom than from your cellphone. I hope that made sense and somehow gave you some ideas.

Oni

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yes but girls arent really the problem right now. i know there are a few girls who will go if i ask them. inf act one of them kept trying to talk me into going to the prom (shes dateless). Anyways, i'll see how things go.