Not Eating Enough Food

Orange

Don Juan
Reaction score
According to a T-MAG article "Guide to Massive Eating" (Part 1) (I think thats what its called anyway) I'm supposed to eat around 3500 "good" calories a day.

However, I find it difficult to eat even 2800 calories of "good" food a day. Given that I eat around 6 meals a day, I need to eat at least 600 calories per meal. To me, that seems alot for what I can currently handle. Now I've tried slowly increasing my intake over a month or two, but eating a little more each meal just makes me feel sick (to a point where I nearly puked once).

What are my options for increasing carbs/protein intake?

Last edited:

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Food

600 Calories isn't very much per meal if you eat the right things. Whenever I ate I used to feel sick too when I tried to eat more. You can always buy protein shakes as well.

Here are some foods that would be good for you(assuming your like me and you won't gain too much fat while bulking).

Chocolate Milk- Not too much fat and 200 cal. and 10g protein per glass

Peanut butter- around 100 calories per tablespoon

Nuts- full of good fats and lots of calories

Pasta- To get me full I usually have to eat around 700-800 calories worth of it and thats not very much pasta. Add on meat sauce and cheese and you have lots protein and over 1000 calories in one meal. (Not including drink).

A peanut butter and jam sandwich can run up to 500 calories.

Of course I used to completely ignore the fruits and vegetables when bulking and I ended up feeling sick so eat them. Plus a lot of the fruits will give you an energy boost pre-workout.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you just listed some bad foods for him.

If you ever have trouble getting more calories, legumes are your answer. Peanut butter has an insane amount of calories per tblsp.

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Food

Hey if he's a skinny guy like I was and is a hardgainer peanut butter is a really good alternative plus it contains mostly good fats. He said that he has trouble getting the calories needed to gain weight. I think that by taking 100 cal. in one tbsp is a pretty good way to add those calories. I owuld rather eat some peanut butter than 1lb of legumes. Most of them do have a lot of protein(kidney beans for instance) but not the calories needed for him to gain weight.

Once he has gained a desired amount he can start eating his maintenance. I assume he's young and skinny so i'm sure eating things like peanut butter and drinking chocolate milk won't kill him or make him obese if he's bulking.

Orange

Don Juan
Reaction score
Peanut Butter seems to be a good option for adding kcal, you guys have anymore good food ideas?

And yes I am a "hardgainer", so fat isn't too much of a problem at this point in time.

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey buddy have u tried wieght gainers by any chance:eek: the avrage weight gainer contains around500-1000 calories per serving and not to mention excellent amounts of protiens,carbs,aminos,and everthing else. my favorite on is the EAS brand and Ny-tro pro 40. so buy some and i guarateed youll meet your requirements

marqZAL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A myoplex drink with milk and a apple will give you 800 calories. As far as whole food goes there tons of thing that will give you the amount of calories you. You need to find out home much you, and how much body fat you have. Because 3600 might be too much for you, and youll get fat, or may not be enough.