Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Not Driving a problem?

LoBo

Don Juan
Reaction score
All I have to say is that I am the oldest of all my friends and the only one that doesn't own their own car. Hell, I can't even drive my parents car! Why? Insurance. My parents could pay it for me if it were secondary driver's insurance (ie. Me on their plan driving their vehicle) which is relatively inexpensive. The problem is though that my Dad has TOO MANY CARS! Due to circumstances present in insurance policies, the fact that we have 4 vehicles makes it impossible for me to be a insured as secondary driver. If I wanted to be insured, I would have to be registered as a primary driver. And when it comes down to it, primary driver's insurance costs way too much. I would pitch in some money of my own for insurance, but I do not have a lot. I barely, if even, have enough money to afford secondary driver's insurance for one year. And besides, if I was going to pay for primary driver's insurance, why would I have it on my parent's car? Why would I not just pay for a car of my own?

Anyway, all that is really unimportant to my question, just background as to why I have to ask it. :p

So my questions is this: Is not being able to drive at this point in my life (nearly 18 years old, graduating High School in 2 months) hazardous to my dating life? Will it pose a problem when I want to take a girl out?

You need a car to get places and you need to get places to go on a date. I'm a little old to still be asking my mommy for rides... :rolleyes:

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, i will not lie to u. i am 18 and just got my licence about 2 months ago. it does help a lot. i love driving my car and when im bored, u just go "where should i go?" and go.

but if u have a lot of firends that drive u could get by. i got a ride from my friend to school for 2 years.

why not get a job, save 1500-1600 and buy a decent car?

godsmoke

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea... Sorry to tell you this... But since I got a car, my dating life has sky rocketed... So has my social life. Its pretty fun when Im bored on some night, and just go whereever I want. You should really press on getting one. Good luck.

maosrdbf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm where would you guys just randomly "go"? Where I live I don't think there are too many options.

LoBo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought. The thing is I've had my driver's license since August last year, but because of insurance I can't drive yet. It is really getting ridiculous.

I had a job not too long ago, but I was laid off becuse the company was having financial troubles and couldn't afford to keep me (as well as a number of other employees) on the payroll. I've been looking for another job since then, but no one in my area is hiring. I could possibly get a job elsewhere in the city, but that would require me to have a vehicle to drive, thus the cycle continues...

Getting around isn't really too much of a problem since, like I said, all my friends have there own cars. But if I wan't to go out on a date, I'm not going to call one of my buddies up and ask them to chaffeur us around. Does anybody have any suggestions on ways I can take a girl out on a date without being able to drive?

Von Baken Dude

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's "cultural"

All I have to say is that I am the oldest of all my friends and the only one that doesn't own their own car.
Around here things are a little diferent, the majority of my friends (boys and girls) around my age (17-21) doesn't own a car (I do know lot's of people who own motorcicles). Some (a lot) have the licence but no car.
When someone who doesn't have a car wants to go on a date, they just meet the girl/boy in some place near (or in) the restaurant/whatever...

Turalyon999

Don Juan
Reaction score
go on double dates with one of your friends who does have a car/can drive. This way it doesn't look like your friend is chaffeuring you around.