Normal to not want to do anything?

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying I have friends, enough of them.

Now that you know I'm not a loner I want to get your guy's view on the fact I don't want to do anything with my friends. Well not always, but most of the time I rather be alone hitting the gym, learning foreign languages, and playing my bass guitar.

It almost feels like I only have friends in this small ass town is because I feel it's necessary to have them to survive until I'm old enough to move out and live an awesome life. Don't get me wrong, they're great guys but they're so racist, shallow, and have no goals/potential in life. The only thing they worry about is where they'll get their next beer or tin of snoose.

Lately though I find my self doing things alone and enjoying them more. I still do things with my friends but most of the time I'm not truly having fun, more or less it feels like I'm only hanging out with them so I can say, "Oh yeah, I went fishing (insert any activity) with a few of my friends yesterday" and make myself not look like a loner.

I'm not depressed so don't tell me to go see a doctor either.

TheLazy

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey, as long as you are enjoying yourself and having fun, thats all that matters. ;)

Hope you meet better friends soon :)

Steg

Don Juan
Reaction score
No offense but with friends like that its perfectly normal.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im usually kinda disatisfied with my friends... my best bud is the least like me (he's black, built, and kinda gangstaish) and him im great with. other than that...mario zack and all theyre just asshooles. i dont know why in some circles of friends its encouraged that we constantly shiit on eachother and all. plus im the only kid who likes classic rock in general, against a bunch of raptards.

theyre all shallow and try to be tough at any cost. its gay.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dan what you said kind of reminds me of me.

One of the best kids I've gotten along with is a black kid. I don't hang out with him much, but when I talk to him we always crack each other up. Of course when I'm seen talking to him I always get **** for talking to a black kid by my racist friends.

I also love classic rock and all my friends listen to pop/rap.

But it seems like everyone in my school/town is either a slut/redneck/dumbass. Everyone just puts each other down, there's no appreciation for goals, etc.

BassBuddha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy hell. That is a perfect description of my own life. From that perspective, I know that whatever you're doing is wrong.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doing sh*t that will **** you up in the long run, just to fit in? No. Being the BEST you shouldn't include drugs or a dependency on alcohol.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
same

i used to dress all punk-emo and **** (not anymore) and hangotu with white and sometimes black dudes who were all "gangstas" and listen to rap and say "fu(k" after every 3 words.

but im more happy on my own than being with them. but they are great people. but arent racist of course. all they liek to do is drink, party, w/e thats currupt. but they are still my friends and i still like chillin once in a while with them

i rather be playing a game or w/e where in really having fun.

its great to actually see other people that are like that. i dont feel like a "loner" anymore.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I hang out with all sorts of kids. Ghetto, preppy, geeky, jocks etc. I act the same way around all of them. I don't change how I do things to fit in, and I still am sticking with my earlier post. Don't screw your life up just to be "cool"

SynapsyS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Know exactly what you mean itishe.

At uni (yeah, not exactly highschool, but the regular forum is flooded with spam at the moment), I have made a fair amount of mates i can hang with during breaks. But they really, really don't share any of my interests (like, as you said, classic rock - Floyd, king crimson, yes, genesis, etc And I play bass too, so yeah, we're pretty similar lol), and it get's very tiresome enduring them asking questions about things they don't understand; "So, listen to any good progrock lately?" "Do you even know what that is?" "Not really, but you like it, so yeah"

Honestly, at any given moment, be doing what you WANT to do. If you want to spend some time at home playing guitar, do so. Don't let yourself be dictated by the activities of others.

superchristx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Move away, get some new friends. I've been trapped in a lousy school where I couldnt meet anybody, and it SUCKS. It's the absolute worse, to only have about 50 ppl to choose from and they are all from a totally different world. Yeah man, just graduate high school and move to California or Denver Colorado, or Washington DC.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys its specific for rock/emo guys to just sit at home alone and just jerk of instead of going out and having a beer and fun with friends.

Why do they do this you ask? Simple because they think that:

Don't get me wrong, they're great guys but they're so racist, shallow, and have no goals/potential in life.
So you are superior right?

Maybe this comes as a shock but its impossible to have friends that are the same as you.

I bet you guys hate life...

What I think you should do? Stop *****ing about your life and your friends and socialize.

Why would you blame your friends for being a social-reject?

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Travii has a good point. I don't think I'm superiour, but maybe my actions are projecting it.

I have noticed something with my friends though. Alot (60-70%) of the time when I call them/talk to them online they'll ask me what I have for plans. I'll say, "I'm not sure" because I honestly don't know. I'll recommend that we should do something, but it never goes anywhere after that. Eventually I'll give up on the conversation after they stop showing interest and respond with one word answers.

Or when I call they'll almost act irritated. One even had the audacity to say "What" (as in what do you want) after saying hello.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore that last post.

I sounded like a cry baby *****.

I'm starting to use my connections more with friends I hardly talk to. I'm trying to keep any angle of cynicalism out of my conversations and just trying to be very upbeat.

Out of nowhere tonight though, a couple attractive girls started talking to me online. Asking me what I had planned tonight, etc. I tried planning a mini-party with them (4-8 people), but it fell through after they found out their parents were home all of tonight.

Reaction score
I trip shrooms and acid by myself better.

Man if you enjoy being by yourself thats cool, just as long as you dont become a recluse or are completely alone for long and extended periods of time because it will f*ck with your head. My friend used to be the most outgoing dude ever, he was SOOOO crazy and always did daring feats until he dropped out of HS, and slowly he got away from society and there were times that he didnt leave the house or socialize with anyone for weeks on end and then finally he snapped for some reason and called everyone out on imaginary sh*t.

Buck Rogers

Don Juan
Reaction score
This isnt as wierd as you think dude, everyone gets dissatisfied with their friends from time time to time, guaranteed they propbably feel the same about you guys sometimes,
whats more althjough you may be comfortable with your own company, think aboout the good times youve had with your pals and then youll realise why u tolerate them.

Reaction score
Just get new friends who isn't racist like the really WELL EDUCATED onese who're mature. I had party animals who were wicked racist since they didn't care of anyone else so I started haning out with people who had something to offer. I think that a good friends is someone you can learn and grow with.