Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Noodle's Weight Training & Diet Journal

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Noodle's Lifting & Diet questions

Alright well, after much debate I have finally decided to hit up the gym. I'm 15 years old, quite scronny weighing 115 lbs at 5'5. I will be updating this everyday.

I want to tone/condition my muscles for a few weeks, then start to bulk up. Right now I'm really inactive so I'm starting to get my body back in shape. I'm going to be using only machines for now. I'm writing this up as I read the H&F Vault. Just recapping on some stuff here.

Heres my plan so far:
I'll be working out every second day and letting my body rest the other days.
Fitness:
Monday- Rest
Tuesday- Arms,Back
Wednesday- Rest + small cardio (30 min - 1 hour of running/swimming)
Thursday- Core, chest
Friday- Rest
Saturday- Lower body
Sunday- Rest + small cardio (30 min - 1 hour of running/swimming)
**Anything that you think should be corrected or added to my schedule please don't hesitate to post it. I need all the help I can get!**

Couple things I need to clear up:
Fitness:
-Should I be doing cardio (if any) if I'm trying to get back in shape and bulk up?
-How long should I workout each day on the machines?
-How many reps/sets do you guys suggest?
-Should I be working different muscle groups each day like my plan? Or should I just do as many muscle groups that I can every session?
-8 hours of sleep, minimum?

Diet:
-So, 1g of protien for every lb of body wieght?
-Protien foods are eggs, lean beef, chicken, tuna, whey. Anything else? Which is best?
-What kinds of foods should I be cutting out?
-What kinds of foods should I be having lots of?
-What kinds of vitamins do i need?
-Calories,Carbs,Fats how much do I need?
-Any other things that I need to eat?

I haven't started my workouts yet. Just went to the gym today for an orientation,
did some rows 55lbs x10reps x2sets
some benching 60lbs x9reps x 1 set
Curls 55x8x1
My arms are already feeling heavy and that just shows you how out of shape I am.

Please, any comment on my routine, diet or anything else you would like to add then please don't hesitate to tell me. I will post progress pics and more questions as i begin my workouts. I just need some info about all this so I don't hurt myself the first week. I will update my schedule after...

Thanks in advance for any advice/comments/suggestions given! I really appreciate it!!:up:

Hopefully by the time i'm in Grade 12 I'll be able to play football.:box:(Its such a fun sport, but i'm too small to play for the school)

Last edited:

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome work dude, very few people actually have the initiative to start something like this. Starting at your age, you'll be way ahead of the competition by the time you're done highschool.

Start slow mate. It looks like you're biting off a lot at once(diet, lifting, cardio, etc).

For the first two or three months, I focused on learning technique, getting 8 hours of sleep per night, and trying to eat enough. Once I felt that those things were in my subconscious(do it without thinking), I dug a little deeper. I branched out from just trying to eat enough calories per day, to learning and practicing what KIND of calories to eat. A month or so later, I focused on what kind of calories to eat at what TIME. A month later, I added some of the extras like green tea and supplements.

At the same time I focused on learning how to lift weights properly... One mistake at the wrong time and its game over. Learning good habits at your own pace now will do you a world of good... I'll try to answer some of your direct questions:

Fitness:
-Should I be doing cardio (if any) if I'm trying to get back in shape and bulk up?
-How long should I workout each day on the machines?
-How many reps/sets do you guys suggest?
-Should I be working different muscle groups each day like my plan? Or should I just do as many muscle groups that I can every session?
-8 hours of sleep, minimum?
- yes, start doing some jogging right after you lift weights. You can worry about doing morning cardio when you start getting serious in a couple months.
- Stick to under an hour.
- On machines specifically, focus on about 2 sets of 10-12 reps. Learn to visualize in your mind, flexing the muscle you're working.
- Focus on a different group each day, give that group 4-8 days rest before working it again.
- 8 hours of sleep is perfect. Few people know that the body sleeps in 4 hour cycles. Sleep longer than 8 hours and you might interrupt a cycle and feel like crap despite sleeping a long time. Sleep less and you might feel the same way. Aim for 8 hours.

Diet:
-So, 1g of protien for every lb of body wieght?
-Protien foods are eggs, lean beef, chicken, tuna, whey. Anything else? Which is best?
-What kinds of foods should I be cutting out?
-What kinds of foods should I be having lots of?
-What kinds of vitamins do i need?
-Calories,Carbs,Fats how much do I need?
-Any other things that I need to eat?
- Yeah, start with 1g per lb of bodyweight. Have a serving of veggies with each serving of meat.
- eggs, lean beef, chicken, tuna, whey, salmon are perfect. eggs, lean beef, and salmon are best.
- cut out anything that lasts more than a week in storage.
- have lots of eggs, beef, and dark green leafy vegetables(spinach is superb)
- for now, go to a supplement store and buy a high quality multivitamin and a high quality bottle of fish oil.
- calories, carbs, fats are up to you. Im not really qualified to help you there either.
- eat anything and everything you can, within reason and common sense.

good luck :up:

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, its starting to seem like weightlifting is going to be more confusing than i thought...

So what do you suggest I start on first?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not too confusing... It just takes some time to get into the rhythm of doing everything you have to, to get the best results.

It's like juggling...start with one ball and keep adding one more ball until they're all in the air. Start with too many at once and its impossible.

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
It's not too confusing... It just takes some time to get into the rhythm of doing everything you have to, to get the best results.

It's like juggling...start with one ball and keep adding one more ball until they're all in the air. Start with too many at once and its impossible.
yea I guess I understand how it works now.

So what should I start on doing properly first? Diet? well...then I'm going to need some advice on what to do.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For now, just focus on eating ALOT of healthy food, and lifting weights 3 times per week. Do running and swimming whenever you want.

The key to this step is to get into the habit of not missing a workout, and never being hungry.

When you walk into the kitchen its a good idea to be thinking "What have I eaten so far today? What have I missed?"

Aim for a good amount of meat and eggs(protein and fat), a good amount of pasta/rice/bread, and eat your vegetables.

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
For now, just focus on eating ALOT of healthy food, and lifting weights 3 times per week. Do running and swimming whenever you want.

The key to this step is to get into the habit of not missing a workout, and never being hungry.

When you walk into the kitchen its a good idea to be thinking "What have I eaten so far today? What have I missed?"

Aim for a good amount of meat and eggs(protein and fat), a good amount of pasta/rice/bread, and eat your vegetables.
Okay. I eat lots of meat already and i have rice almost everyday along with a ton of veggies(my mom loads up meals with veggies)
I will post up progress pics up later tonight. My training starts tomorow!:up:

Some more questions:
What about carbs, fats, and calories. How much will I be needingof each? Or should I just worry about protien?
-What do you guys think about protien shakes? Home-made protien shakes???
If my muscles are sore, should I keep excercising them?

Last edited:

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
start with 200g of protein and 200g of carbs, 1-3tablespoons of olive oil, 10-20g of fish oil and whatever fat comes from the protein and carbs.

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
start with 200g of protein and 200g of carbs, 1-3tablespoons of olive oil, 10-20g of fish oil and whatever fat comes from the protein and carbs.
200g of protein? What about the 1g of protien for every lb of body wieght? Now I'm just getting confused on whose information to listen to?

I'll be going out tomorow and buying some protien supplements as well as a bunch of fruits and healthy meats.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as its over 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, then you will be OKAY for now. There a lot of wiggle room between 150g - 300g per day. Eat your green veggies/drink your water and you will have NO forseeable problems with consuming that much.

Just a tip for taking advice on this board:

Listen to the CONCEPTS within the advice. No two people adapt the same way so no two numbers will work for the same person. Take the general advice, and carve the details of it to fit YOU, your body, and your lifestyle.

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
BluEyes said:
As long as its over 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, then you will be OKAY for now. There a lot of wiggle room between 150g - 300g per day. Eat your green veggies/drink your water and you will have NO forseeable problems with consuming that much.

Just a tip for taking advice on this board:

Listen to the CONCEPTS within the advice. No two people adapt the same way so no two numbers will work for the same person. Take the general advice, and carve the details of it to fit YOU, your body, and your lifestyle.
Alrighty. Thanks so far for all the advice guys. I guess this isn't really a workout journal as I had many questions and things I needed to figure out before I actually workout. I will post another workout journal once I get my diet to fit in and a steady schedule.

Thanks for the help so far!:up: