Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

non christian attending church meeting today, wow pressure from pastor-any non christ

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as Enstein said, religion is used as a tool to control the masses

Chaos-Knight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe ,

Don't waste your time with religion,there is no happiness in fearing the imaginary
creature created by man.(man made god in his image)

find cool people to hang out with and do fun stuff.
Try new things,consider moving elsewhere if there's
issues at home.

Anything is better then becoming a "SHEEPLE" (sheep+people = {church goer})

sh!t if you lived alittle closer I'd buy ya a drink and talk in person.

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was a christian for a while. After taking ethics, anthropology, and American Philosophy in college my views changed. Spirituality is good for you. That's why so many people's lives change when they start to attend church and what not. I hope this thread doesn't get closed. www.deism.com

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Potbelly said:
Uh...why don't you NOT waste your time and money and read a book on something useful (read REAL).

You want to be a good person? Just follow the golden rule. End of story. I basically just summed up all the good parts of every religion right there.

I don't need some book to tell me how I should live my life. I don't need a story about some guy getting sacrificed to start going, "oh snap, maybe i should REALLY be a good guy now!"

Nope, religion is trash. But I will use it to control the weak and dumb. Just like the leaders before me.
Did you read any part of my post? Jeez.

I've read plenty of "real" books, I would like to read the bible as well.

Good link, KontrollerX

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-heads lewis said:
What do you guys tihnk of the King James bible? As in, the bible you find in any book store for 10$. I haven't read it, Im concerned with reading a tainted version. I would like to read the bible it its purest form, or as close to that as possible.

Suggestions?
I'm not sure where the belief started that the King James Bible is a pure form of it. Going on memory, there are some 20-25 versions of the bible during the historical timeline (probably more, counting modern times). I believe the KJV was written in 16xx for....., you guessed it, King James. In other words, its old, but not that old. There were at least 10-15 versions before it. So, like all other translations, it was a translation from an earlier version (which was a translation from an earlier version, etc.).

It short, KJV is just... another version of many. There's nothing pure about it.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All forms of external religion will be dead very soon.

When confronted with hard research all and i mean all fall by the way side.

None and I mean none have stood the test of proving them to be factual, all have so many holes in them to believe in there message imo is the true path to insanity.

Religion was a clever devise created to keep the masses from doing stupid things as well as keep them inline.

Simple truth of any religion.

no religion is worth anything if no one fears for there immortal soul.

Religion has managed to plague society simply because men/women are so egotistical they cant comprehend life after death or they feel they deserve something better for all the things they did on there journey through life.

Infact this is simply scare tactics, for some cult type ideal to make you conform to an agenda for the sake of a Santa clause theory.

If you where an immortal being there would be no such thing has religion only social constructs of right and wrong, read social constructs of right and wrong since 'right and wrong' are strictly subject to social conditioning at the time.

One can only lead to a few eventualities when religion is explored, if you research your religion you will inevitably loose faith of that religion and realize it was never about worshipping and exterior force since the power of any god was and is always with inside you as it always will be.

The concept of a deity that made you, then to simply restrict his design with a set of 'rules' goes against common logic, if there is a TRUE external God he would not make you to conform to some agenda as the omnipotent being would simply make you as the whole rather then the broken part that needs a track to perform on.

There is no TEST of religious faith the ONLY TEST one has to endure on this planet is to learn to be YOURSELF, in the influx of all the other people trying so very very hard to force THERE OPINIONS on you.

Deep spiritual people will always stray away from mass religious ideals since it is simply catering to an agenda outside the realms of 'self', your time here is limited why spend it has another conformist sheep when you can spend it in the pursuits of the things you love.

people always reach out to see if there doing the TEST of life correctly, the TRUTH is there is no test and there never was one, you have total free will, as it should be, you can do anything you want, so in even if there was an omnipotent being he would not interfere in your affairs has in all things this is what you 'choose' in your life, asking for a farther figure to step in is contratidictory to the things you wanted to do, hence when you subjicate yourself to a slaves existence, no one is coming to state that’s wrong, since in all respects that was your choice.

Hence sadly mass religion is to supplicate yourself to a higher master, to me there is no higher master then yourself, to think otherwise is condemnation for your purpose for being here, a true external God, would not need your worship since he is omnipotent, hence religion when looked at through a tight magnifying glass is the acceptance of control from superiors. To accept and external god as your saviour is to accept your nothing but a puppet to do his whim or you will be punished for it, this is a perfect template for the social structure you have been brought up in, to respect AUTHORITY is the key underlining concept of ALL RELIGIONS, there is nothing spiritual about selling ones soul.

I find most religions backwards, there teachings seem normal, until one presents the theory of the ‘looking glass’ hence what they state is most probably the truth but in reverse.

I am not talking about social moral implications; I am referring to references for spiritual growth.

Anyway in time most religions will be dead and the new age of true spirituality may then come, or people will simply embrace the theory of evolution and use that as there template for stating we where simply an accident.

But has science progresses and religions get destroyed even the most adamant atheist is starting to think ‘twice’.

The bible is a good starting point to learn spirituality, but it is NOT THE WAY, it is simply a stepping stone to understand the true origins of its many stories that pre-date far before there stated points of reference.

Most of this stuff as stated in another thread usually predate to Sumerians culture, one can look there as there true starting point for a faith they probably can accept in this day and age, since to me taking the bible literally imo is the acceptance of ignorance and insanity and sheep mentality.

if your catholic and insulted by this message, the thing i have have for you is Ditto! I too am insulted how people will swollow what there told without doing there own research into the subject and EACH AND EVERY catholic that has come who has managed to FREE HIS MIND to the POSSIBILITY of RESEARCHING THE TRUTH OF HIS RELIGION has always come to the SAME CONCLUSION, if you want to know what that is and your a catholic, i suggest you break some of your conformist ways and 'learn' it is in essence the 'apple' in the garden of eden.

I have no problem stating this since i feel a inner desire to put a message across for people who are willing to search for the truth, rather then be simply shackled to the so called rightous modules of true faith.

Every man has an internal desire to understand where he came from, it is the message of the 'life time', hence why religions are so populer.

The concept of conforming to an higher authority can be traced back to summerian culture where apparantly the true creaters of mankind (made in his image, incidently the koran gives a nice example of what can be termed has gentic manipulation), points to the worship of an higher race, that when even reading the bible do not seem to be omnipitant but simply 'manipulative' to there higher purpose agenda, even the bible passages can be seen to be pointing control from sources that equal a superior race rather then a laughable god that sits in the clouds.

Also most of the theory behind the bible is based on astrological charts made out in the shape of the zodiac with the star sirius and sun worship has its main agenda, many of the bible stories are simply bast*rd-isd version of older relgions, mainly summerion ideals, even Jesus the saviour comes in many versions pre-dating the bible.

The bible is simply a collection of older stories made up to center around the worship of the sun and the zodiac, with a glossing of conforming to the agenda of authority control.

Now the purpose, why was religion invented?

Our DNA is said to contain JUNK DNA, which in essence could mean the locking away of DNA that could open up the potential of a longer life, some theorist even claim that they are amazed how such a perfect structure has man can grow old and die, it is theorized the original creator or creators where infact immortal and had no concept of religion has they did not need it, but they knew the fear of death and used that concept to induce the true slave control mentality, these same theorists claim our death and re-birth is our junk DNA trying to revive its true potential.

Or we could simply be nothing more then a lucky mistake, where by people in ages past had too much time on there hands, hence why i like to keep an open mind since there are many holes in each ideal, so far i have read.

All i do know the bible and most religions is the worship of the zodiac with magick type rituals around the worship of a god (lowercase g), why does the bible state dont use magic but the preachers of the faith have no problems in using:

An alter
Candles.
Carbs.
Incantations and prayers
Swords, trinkets and other so called magic emblems.

You dont see it has magic worship but one only has to look at pagen cult (incidently the bible baster*ist that also) to see the many things that are in essence according to older religions magic rituals, which seem to point to sun worship or the worship of the astrologic star alignments.

Satanist cults use the same concepts but in reverse, not that i am a satanist, i dont believe either way, a satanist to me is simply another insane person who refutes the bibles teachings only to conform with most of its rehtoric.

True Satanists i hear are simply humanitarians, that simply mock the christian sheep mentality with there play on the christians use of Magick worship, hence it was first started with the catholic faith since that came first.

Last edited:

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-heads lewis said:
Did you read any part of my post? Jeez.

I've read plenty of "real" books, I would like to read the bible as well.

Good link, KontrollerX
Yes nothing wrong with reading the bible. Best sold work of fiction EVER.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
I'm not sure where the belief started that the King James Bible is a pure form of it. Going on memory, there are some 20-25 versions of the bible during the historical timeline (probably more, counting modern times). I believe the KJV was written in 16xx for....., you guessed it, King James. In other words, its old, but not that old. There were at least 10-15 versions before it. So, like all other translations, it was a translation from an earlier version (which was a translation from an earlier version, etc.).

It short, KJV is just... another version of many. There's nothing pure about it.
That's what Im worried about. I'd like to read an early version of the bible, mostly for academic reasons.

p.s. if you see Jermaine Taylor, tell him to keep his damn left hand up! I argue he is better overall than Pavlik, but that KO was predictable from the 3rd or 4th round, you can't eat right hands like that all night. If he improves his conditioning, keeps his hands up, and throws more conservative straight punches, the rematch should be his. Pavlik's counter right was coming over his jab too easily, if Taylor snaps the jab from the guard and brings it right back, we won't have to see a good person like JT get hurt again.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
imo, the KGV is pointless. It was written at a time when needless complexity in language was in vogue, at least in the royal circles. But even when the KGV was first published, most people could not read it then. Needless complexity in scripture empowers the church, because it makes you need them to explain it to you.

If you care about the Bible as a academic work, this is the best one I have found:
http://www.booksamillion.com/bam/covers/0/31/092/307/0310923077.jpg

It's the Zondervan NIV; there are several NIVs, but the Zondervan notes make the book different. The footnotes actually explain much of the point behind everything, as well as being updated every year when archaeological evidence is found correlating parts of the Bible, supporting the existence of certain people, places, or things. When I go to church, I know the entire sermon as soon as the pastor quotes a verse; it's all in the Zondervan footnotes. I have not found anything free online that compares to these notes.

And backbreaker, are you maybe mixing up Einstein with Karl Marx? The latter has a famous quote about religion, calling it 'The Opiate of the Masses.' Einstein is often quoted as being anti-religion, and he was emphatically against the idea of a personal god, but he was not a complete Athiest. Several of you on this thread have experienced the 'painful liberation' of which he speaks.

http://atheism.about.com/od/einsteingodreligion/tp/Einstein-on-a-Personal-God.htm

I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.

- Albert Einstein to Guy H. Raner Jr., Sept. 28, 1949, quoted by Michael R. Gilmore in Skeptic magazine, Vol. 5, No. 2